What Gel do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrysnails

Reaction score
Hi all! :green:

Just wondered what gel products you all use? And do you only use the products from the company that you trained with?

For example, you might have been trained by Creative, but you may now use NSI products?

I just wanted an idea of the products out there, and the most popular. :idea:

Thanks peeps!

D* xXx

I trained with Creative and have stayed with their products, I love them.
I use Creative's Brisa gel and I am very happy with it.:)

If you go to search and type in which gel? You will find hundreds of answers to this question ... it has been asked many times?

Usually the answers are just that ... I use so and so.

If it were me, I'd be wanting to know WHY? they like and use a particular gel over another particular gel.

I adore Creative Brisa, but I have used many other gels in the past and changed because of specific benefits that Brisa gives me and the other gels didn't.

If you want to know more there is a Q & A re Brisa Gels in the Articles section here on the site and it will give you all the Features and benefits to the product.

I started out with bio Sculpture gel, mainly because of it being a soakable gel and a soft gel, which was most in demand by my clients, and at the time was not used by many of my competitors in the area.

I am now looking to expand into L&P and the harder gel type so I can offer a wider range of options to more clients. I have so far looked at the try me kits with NSI and like those so far.

HTH

I started with NSI balance gel but was having a few problems with the final finish, I was then introduced to the one step by Christrio but for me I found them not to be as durable as I would like. I then went on the hunt and came across LeChat, its easy to use, durable, quick to apply, has the strength of L&p but just as flexible as a gel, I personally like the fact that when you have on a full set they feel so light.

Dee x

I've tried many different types of gel before like IBD, Calgel, Christrio, just to name a few. Then I was introduced to CND Brisa gel and I'm totally in love with it. It gives me wonderful benefits and I would NOT change to anything else. On top of that, they have a wonderful supporting system.

morning! :eek:

I started off using the gel the 'college' 'created', it was woeful! i tried brisa and now i use IBD, i love their builder gels, they are so strong, and there intense seal gives an amazing finish (the only thing i dont like about it is it glow in uv lights, not good if your out anywhere with strobes) and their colour gel range is huge! I didnt train with them, i got their introduction DVD, i use half the method i was trained in and half the method on the DVD. You gotta find something that works for you and your clients...i wouldnt change from IBD though, great self levelling, great strength and easy to buff off. Saying that though, if some new amazing gel came out, id have to give it a try :lol:

I started with a belgian brand trosani but wasn,t happy with that so i converted to magnetic which i think is really good.
It,s easy to work with, the price is good, no primer or bonder needed , the enhancements are very durable and are really strong and adheres very good to the natural nail .
I have been trying out different gels but none has done as well for me as the magnetic gels.

Hi all! :green:

Just wondered what gel products you all use? And do you only use the products from the company that you trained with?

For example, you might have been trained by Creative, but you may now use NSI products?

I just wanted an idea of the products out there, and the most popular. :idea:

Thanks peeps!

D* xXx

I use Young Nails gels and never mix and other companys products.

I have trainined with Creative, Young Nails NSI etc but know only use products from Young Nails both Acrylic and Gels.

:hug:

morning! :eek:

I started off using the gel the 'college' 'created', it was woeful! i tried brisa and now i use IBD, i love their builder gels, they are so strong, and there intense seal gives an amazing finish (the only thing i dont like about it is it glow in uv lights, not good if your out anywhere with strobes) and their colour gel range is huge! I didnt train with them, i got their introduction DVD, i use half the method i was trained in and half the method on the DVD. You gotta find something that works for you and your clients...i wouldnt change from IBD though, great self levelling, great strength and easy to buff off. Saying that though, if some new amazing gel came out, id have to give it a try :lol:

I too use IBD.. the gel i trained with sounds similar to yours!! terrible stuff!! I love the range of colours IBD stock... but honestly im a L&P girl..
Im looking forward to doing a Brisa 121 when my hand heals.. I just want to have an intensive gel session and have been nothing but totally impressed with creative products so far! training is second to none in my eyes!

I did my gel training with ezflows gel it! there all builder gels and theyre fantastic never had any problems but i do have an excellent teacher:) which always helps , and from what i hear ezflow have a range of coloured gels coming very soon and i cant wait to have a play,

Hiya

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their help and advice. I haven't been a member on here long so stil a beginner so my apologies for my slow-ness! :rolleyes:

Thanks again! :green:

D* xXx

* I've tried several too thru the yrs. but have narrowed it down now to Young Nails & Akzentz:) I have been thinking of getting a couple of the colors by LCN as I've heard it gives a nice "dense" color without any see thru issues:confused:

At college we trained with Star Nails:rolleyes:

I use NSI products in the salon now, although I do still try new products as they are introduced, and will give the new Fusion range a try which is new from United Beauty, as i have won a free sample kit from my local wholesaler, but I have not received it yet to let you know what i think.

I like to offer offer the option of both file off and soak off gels.
I use Brisa for my file off & Calgel for soak off.
There's been lots of info on both ranges here if you do a search.

I use Evoke Gel from Odyssey Nail Systems. My clients wear it for 5 to 6 weeks before they come for a new overlay. No lifting , no yellowing, absolutely stunning. However, correct technique, skill, and application is mandatory. It is important to know and understand your product and have a spirit of excellence when you do nails. Hope you find what you're looking for.

hi, I was trained with dream products that I still use but I also use IBD gel products as well.:)

I am crazy in love with Akzentz! I can't believe only one other person mentioned it. Here's a picture!

IM000211.jpg

This was my very first set of gels. It is such a great product to work with.

can you tell me the makes of gel you all use and what you have found best from experience

Latest posts

Back