What gel polish is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twid

Reaction score
I've a client coming on Thursday who says she has Shellac on. She says she has a "terracotta" colour but when she text her nail tech to ask the colour the tech didnt reply. She also said the tech uses white bottles with holes in the side so you can see the colour - DEFO not shellac, but what is it?

The tech has now gone on holiday and she wants me to take off and redo for a special event on Friday evening. I've not a problem with this but would like to know what it is as it may take ages to get it off.

She's very happy with whatever she has on and I wouldnt bad mouth another tech but I would like to educate her about what is and isnt Shellac!

Karaxxx

Sounds like a Gelish bottle

White bottle with a hole in the side to see the colour...sounds like Gelish to me. I don't do Gelish myself so can't help with the colour.
Rhiannon x

Could be gellux. They are white bottles with a clear bit for colours in the front are they not?

She also said the tech uses white bottles with holes in the side so you can see the colour - DEFO not shellac, but what is it?

Sounds like Gelish... White bottle with a swatch of the colour?

Gellish not gellux. Autocorrect is weird on my phone tonight!

Could be gellux. They are white bottles with a clear bit for colours in the front are they not?

I think gellux are black bottles with coloured labels.

Sounds like Gelish as they have patented the window on their bottles.
Just lightly buff the topcoat then wrap as you would Shellac, 10 minutes should do it!

As for educating, you can try but the name Shellac does seem to be the name that clients use even when they mean gel polishes.

I still call my vacuum cleaner a Hoover, even thought it is a Meile !

Evangelinegrace I mean gellish. My phone decided to change it for some unknown reason lol.

Sounds like gelish exhale to me x

Just be aware that if she asked for Shellac and got something else in that other place I wouldn't even be so sure that it is genuine Gelish. Gelish has a very good reputation so why would they call it Shellac?

Just saying this because if it turns out to take ages to remove don't think Gelish is a bad product!:D:o

P.s. I LOVE Gelish... can you tell? :lick:

Just be aware that if she asked for Shellac and got something else in that other place I wouldn't even be so sure that it is genuine Gelish. Gelish has a very good reputation so why would they call it Shellac?

Just saying this because if it turns out to take ages to remove don't think Gelish is a bad product!:D:o

P.s. I LOVE Gelish... can you tell? :lick:

If she's anything like a few of my clients, they just call any UV color overlay shellac. I don't offer shellac, but Gelish, and everytime they say shellac I say Gelish. but it just doesn't sink in with them. They could be getting Gelish, Gellux, Just Gel, Mani Q, but they'll still call it shellac :lol: I guess it's kinda like asking for gel or l&p to them.

Thanks for the help much appreciated - fingers crossed its either genuine Shellac or Gelish. Otherwise theres no knowing how long it'll take to get off.

Karaxxx

Evangelinegrace I mean gellish. My phone decided to change it for some unknown reason lol.

You know you've been writing about nails too much when your phone starts to auto-correct to nail-related words. I mistyped can't as cznt and my phone auto-corrected to CND! lol

Definitely sounds like gelish tat she's had applies ( by the description of the bottle) stand out & exhale are both 'terracotta' colours ;)

Defo sounds like gelish and there are lots of terracotta colour in their range x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

This question was posted at the end of April, so I'm sure by now the OP will have removed whatever it was without any more speculation. Gels all remove in a similar manner so provided she followed Izzi's advice, I'm sure she got on just fine.

Latest posts

Back