What gels do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
I currently use IBD gel which I am very happy with apart from one point - soak off times. I generally end up buffing off as it is quicker.

I am going to consider changing my gel and would love to know what you all love and hate about the product you use.

I need to have a range that has colour gels as a large part of my work is coloured gel overlays on toes. This is why soak off times are a big consideration. I would however consider using a buff off gel for finger nail extensions if it gave me an advantage.

I would love to hear comments from biosculpture & calgel users. How long do the soak off's take. What is the product like. Profitability. Supplier service & backup. Colour ranges. Application times.

Last time I tried to see demos at the shows but it was too busy to get one.
If geeg or any other designer nails people are reading this post - will you be introducing colour gels?

Thanks everyone

cant say too much now... but why not wait until Olympia before you make a decision? :twisted:

The Nail Geek said:
cant say too much now... but why not wait until Olympia before you make a decision? :twisted:

This sounds exciting. I wasn't planning on going to Olympia as it is a military procedure to organise that type of trip from far west cornwall - especially when the main rail line is out of action at weekends.

Please tell me more - if it is that exciting I will move mountains! (cancel clients and arrange childcare)

well, cant say much... I guess I can say that we are not planning on introducing coloured gels or soak off gels at Olympia... but I can say we will be launching something very big and exciting that I cant talk about at Olympia... something you may be interested in.

Aside from that... it is your best location to go and see demos from all companies under 1 roof.

Waiting till march is like wait for christmas when your little, now i can't wait even more!!!

Roll on March!!

Hi

we use LCN for sculpting it is a very strong non porous gel so you do need to buff of to remove.

For natural nails and toes we use biosculpture its not cheap but its very good and the retail is profitable. soak off is 15-20mins depending on your method.
Try fiona (natural nails) she sells a very good soak bowl that we use or we soak pads in acetone wrap in foil and place in a towelling mit, the warmer the faster.

OHHHHHHHHHH sam thats not nice think you should give us all a little clue!!!!! we are your dedicated geeks after all!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

The Nail Geek said:
well, cant say much... I guess I can say that we are not planning on introducing coloured gels or soak off gels at Olympia... but I can say we will be launching something very big and exciting that I cant talk about at Olympia... something you may be interested in.

Aside from that... it is your best location to go and see demos from all companies under 1 roof.

Can I ask if this will be a gel product?

Little Angel said:
Hi

we use LCN for sculpting it is a very strong non porous gel so you do need to buff of to remove.

For natural nails and toes we use biosculpture its not cheap but its very good and the retail is profitable. soak off is 15-20mins depending on your method.
Try fiona (natural nails) she sells a very good soak bowl that we use or we soak pads in acetone wrap in foil and place in a towelling mit, the warmer the faster.
How long does it take to do a new set? Are there any points you don't like about it? Is there a bonder / primer coat? Do you have to buff to shape or can you sculpt it to the correct shape?

LCN:
How long does it take to do a new set? i like to sculp so 1 1/2 hrs p+w
Are there any points you don't like about it? no very hard wearing but not for people who bite as it really grips the nail. Is there a bonder / primer coat? There is a bonder then you sculpt then sealant (shiny and mat) Do you have to buff to shape or can you sculpt it to the correct shape?
You can sculpt it into shape but it does take practice you do buff a little afterwards no need to shine up though cause of the sealant.

Biosculpture

mainly do natural overlays with this take 1/2 hour for clear 45-1 hour for french or col, we book them 1/2 hour before to soak of old product. You do need to sell your clients the biosculpture topcoat and remover or the gel isnt guaranteed. Most clients seem to love it and cols are nice they have a web site. no bonder or primer just a steriliser.

hope this helps

sawasdee ka

I speak the other day i read lady in america speak maybe creative bring new product gel and i ask because i want to know if have to have creative cert to buy .

Because i will not come england 2004 i have try make plan for l&p learn more and have cert but want to know about the gel because i can wait march no problem but if can no have can make plan gel same i have l&p.

Thank you mui

ella said:
Can I ask if this will be a gel product?
You can ask away... but sadly I can't say :D

ooof... I rhymed! How poetic am I?

Mr geek

There is 2 link on beauty tech about it i do not think is very big secret in america ka .

Mui

Mui, I check out BT all the time (and have done now for almost 8 years). The posts you are talking about make no official mention about anything :D

There is 1 mention about CND using Pro Finishes no light gel system... isnt true. and another posted by a 'tester' with a false email address. In fact... I get confised about whats actually happening reading those threads ;)

Anyway... I can promise you that there is no 'official' release of anything yet :D

I will also tell you that you will read it from these little digits of mine first (that is... whatever it is that is coming out in March) ;)

Mr geek

On day like today with salon quiet no customer i have many hour for education and read every thing i can for nail for future .

So if some get speak about nail i try read it i am Thai i not beleive every thing i read ka .

friend mui :)

you do make me chuckle Mui ;)
You are a bonus to the board

I was using IBD when I first started out but had the same problem that I couldn't get it off! I am currently using Bio Sculpture and think it's fantastic. Full range of colours and only takes 15-20 mins to soak off.

jjwadd said:
I was using IBD when I first started out but had the same problem that I couldn't get it off! I am currently using Bio Sculpture and think it's fantastic. Full range of colours and only takes 15-20 mins to soak off.

Thanks jjwadd, what is it you like about them comparing to IBD. Also - what was their training like? Do you use this for extensions also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back