What got you into NAILS???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my initial beauty training back in 1982 on a part time course whilst working in a bank. Got married and had 3 kids (now 10, 12 & 14) then got divorced after 11 years. Been having my nails done for the last ten years (although my first venture into nails was back in the days when salons were very few and far between offering what they described as "porcelain" nails which lifted terribly and looked like door stops LOL). Got re-married in 1999 and had another lovely little boy in 2000. Spent the last 4 years as business partner with my hubby in his building firm but felt I needed a fresh challenge so decided to do something just for me this time and train in nails coz I just love them.

Have been working mobile for over a year now but got an early Christmas present in December when a friend said she had an empty building available which needed some work on it but would make a brill salon. Turns out the building is a self contained 2 storey unit with parking available for 3 or 4 cars just outside of the town centre (parking is a premium there). Needs quite a lot of work to convert it but the owners asked hubby to price up the work and they have agreed to pay for it ALL!! Offered me a really good deal on rent too so I would be stupid to turn down this once-in-a-lifetime offer. Spent 2 months doing research and writing a business plan for the start up costs and the bank approved the funding 2 weeks ago just in time for Olympia!! Just to make sure I'm up to scratch on everything I did a 4 day refresher course for my beauty treatments last month, with another 2 courses already booked for more beauty treatments. I have also booked my Creative conversion course which I cant wait for, and I then want to go on and do my masters.

I just love my job and cant wait till I get the new salon up and running. Its going to be hard work especially juggling kids and football training, guitar lessons etc with work but it will be worth it.

Shaza

I left school at 16 - didn't know how i wanted to further my education, so took a job in an ad agency as receptionist - had a break from thiswhen i moved to France for 6 months in 1994 then returned to Cheshire where I worked in catering for 3 years...got fed up with the unsociable horus so went back into advertising...after 7 years or so made it too Account Manager and loved it for some time - but again this role took over my life and was not getting satisfaction from my work, luckily I got made redundant in March 2003 (i never wound have had the nerve to levae such a well paid job) and I decided to temp for a while so I could decided what I wnated to do with my life....then my friend saw a traning course advertised for nail enhancements and after a lot of talking I decided this could be a good move for me. I have always had long nails and really enjoyed looking after them and also what better than being able to repair a nail break - then having to walk around with stumpy nail, which always drove me mad....so did the course & passed then decided to go to college to learn more and to work towards doing my NVQ - i never thought learning could be so fun and interesting... :D and hopefuly will do a conversion once I pass this course

So now i work 9-5 doing admin for a printing company and do partime mobile venings and weekends and I plan to go full time as soon as finances let me....stilll I get so excited when I get another client and I am sure I will alwys feel the same.....

haha .......very funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back