What grinds your gears?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V petty but it drives me insane when people call me Emma instead of Gemma...now there's nothing wrong with the name Emma but its not my name! This particularly winds me up at work, when my email address is 'G' and then my surname, what the hell do they think the G is there for?! I thought this was bad enough until today someone called and asked to speak to Georgina...yes thats right love, the G is there for you to pick whatever you fancy calling me as long as it begins with that letter!

I totally know what you mean! My name is Vicki-Leigh but friends and family just calls me Vicki. This is how conversations go when I meet new people:

'hi im Vicki'
'oh is that short for Victoria?'
'no its actually short for Vicki-Leigh'
'really? So your not Victoria just Vicki?'

Yes! And im the same there is nothing wrong with the name Victoria but its not me its far to posh a name for me lol I also hate when people spell it every way possible wrong.

Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

How do you pronounce your name hun? when I read your posts I always read your name pronounced like 'lyla'

am I right am I right?? :D xx
It's Lila which is said leela so I can see why it confuses people x ps the way you spelt it is the way you would think it was said So confusing x

I have another! ** RANT ALERT! **
I've just got back from the supermarket

1. Old people who have ALL day to go shopping, all decide to go at lunchtime when I have 30 minute lunchbreak.

2. People not putting the next customer bar up when they've put their shopping on the conveyer belt. It takes you 2 seconds people and it's POLITE.

3. People who hussle you, ie, they get really, really close to you. I can't put my shopping on the belt any quicker, and there's a person in front of me just WAIT!! You're not going to get out any quicker by pushing me out the way!! If you're keen to get close to me, you're welcome to pay for my shopping if you like!!

Tonight I had 2 of these things, and then the invaders of space, then got so close I felt uncomfortable putting my pin in he was stood so close he was touching me.... urrrrghgghgg! and the girlfriend had already gone ahead to start packing her shopping _ I thought she was going to nick my bottle of vodka.

Just give me space and let me pack. I deliberately started talking to the check out woman when I was finished and the cheeky cow tutted!!! I'm like HANG on love, I'm not finished, go and stand behind me and stop trying to hurry me along. I'm not going slowl as it is! I have no pleasure in being in a supermarket at 8pm on a Saturday night!!

Omg I had a right one behind me in the supermarket the other day.

A new till opened and me and my oh got their first, the woman behind us (think hyacinth bucket) complained to the security guard because he told us the till was opening not her.

I had a big trolley full to the brim I put 3 items on the conveyor belt and she then put the next customer sign up and started putting her shopping on. I politely asked her to wait until i'd finished and she shouted really loud "how much room do you want?" so I said "enough to to put all my shopping on" she then started shouting "you'd think you owned the shop" I was so angry I pushed her shopping up the belt but she just carried on, I ended up having to pass the checkout girl one item at a time because she would not give in!

Now that really grinded my gears!

People with crazy-a** names who get pissed off when I can't pronounce them.

Sorry I butchered your name, D'Sasquachaawndaniqua, American born and raised. Was your mom trying to use every letter of the alphabet?

Maybe your mama shoulda' just named you Sasquatch. I know how to pronounce that.

Lol it winds me up when people say my name as tommy. Where the hell in Tomme is the Y or IE? It's pronounced Tom FFs!
It's actually Thomas, hate it, too normal and common, can't stand the way Tom looks, a friend said one day your such a me person (meaning our personalitys are so alike) and I thought ooh that would look good on te ed of my name, so to me my name says Tom is me = Tomme. :) xoxo

Lol it winds me up when people say my name as tommy. Where the hell in Tomme is the Y or IE? It's pronounced Tom FFs!
It's actually Thomas, hate it, too normal and common, can't stand the way Tom looks, a friend said one day your such a me person (meaning our personalitys are so alike) and I thought ooh that would look good on te ed of my name, so to me my name says Tom is me = Tomme. :) xoxo

Jeez your like Liza minnelli ;) it's Liza with a z not Lisa with an s

Jeez your like Liza minnelli ;) it's Liza with a z not Lisa with an s

Haha, never been compared to her. Have been compared to perez for knowing the dirt and gossip on everyone and the lady bunny for the outfits, and my hair being huge a few years back xoxo

For me it has to be when I cook and try serve everything up keeping it all nice and hot! Then it sits there going cold because my other half isn't ready to come and get it even though I tell him its ready 10 minutes before it actually is! My mum used to put my dads plate full in the fridge if he didn't get to the table quick enough!

And also giving way in the Supermarket with the trolly! I wait patiently for ages to let people past and then they don't say thanks! Manners cost nothing! :wink2:

'To be fair' is another one, I have a client that uses it at the beginning of EVERY sentence and a client that uses 'd'ya know what I mean' at the end of all her sentences!

I haaaaate space invaders!! Creepy people standing way way to close in a queue... My new deterrent is throwing my hair back... I wear 20 inch extensions... If it hits them they usually move back lol

then i walked of and said manners cost nothing and spent the rest of shopping hiding round tesco:irked:!!!

haha! Excellent

My mum only threatened 1-5! But then she only had to get to 1 and I'd legged it, needless to say she always caught me :)

Motorway middle-lane hoggers! Drive me up the wall, there's two other lanes for you to pick from! 9 times out of 10 they just cruise along not overtaking anyone in the other lane but it causes so much traffic!

We just got 'the look'. No counting ever took place :eek:

and AARGH!! for the middle lane hogging! Move over, damn it!

Sorry I butchered your name, D'Sasquachaawndaniqua, American born and raised. Was your mom trying to use every letter of the alphabet?

Maybe your mama shoulda' just named you Sasquatch. I know how to pronounce that.

hahahaha!!!

hmmm, maybe I should've multi quoted.

:/ sorry everyone. I hope this isn't a gear grinder for anyone!

I have to say I thought you were Tommy - but that's after a few months of thinking you were calling yourself after a salon "To Me"!!!! EEEK (blush) sorry Tomme!!

My list is endless..

Space invaders grr. I rake for something in my bag, then throw it back over my shoulder so it hits them :) usually works.

People parking in parent and child spaces with no kids, those spaces give more door room to get kids in and out. My husband always gets embarased cos I will tell them to move if I see they don't have kids. Equally the same about disabled badges.

My husband leaves cupboard doors open all the time too..... Drives me bloody mental

Noisy eaters or eating with their mouth open, makes my skin crawl.

Folk that come to me to have their nails done then spend the appointment complaining that they are skint....!
And people in general that say they are skint but still go shopping, eat out etc, your version of skint and mine are pretty different.

Agree completely with the old folk who decide to do their shopping or go to post office during lunchtime.

When you go into a cafe and see 1 person sitting at a table for 4 or more when there are loads of tables for 1/2 available.

How people have loads of kids and can't afford to look after them themselves and just expect the council to 'give' them money and a bigger house etc.

Seeing and hearing parents scream and shout obscenities at their children in the street/supermarket. I heard a woman once tell her daughter that she wishes she'd never had her. I had to walk away in tears.

what really winds me up is people who have kids when they shouldn't, I wasn't going to post, because once I start I don't stop... But seeing as everyone else is up on their soap boxes I'm joining y'all lol

**People who are on benefits who repeatedly get pregnant (I'm sure most of us know someone like this or know someone that knows someone like this)

why keep having unprotected sex?? Your already stood outside the post office on a Monday morning an hour before it opens waiting desperatley to draw your income support out because your kids have no milk on their cornflakes & you have smoked your last pouch of drum or run out of rizla so why continue to concieve & make another poor little one suffer?

(I must iterate, I don't mean the folk that lose jobs, split from partners & are left with no income or those that need benefits in genuine circumstances etc..)

I mean those that can work but won't work & think it's ok to get pregnant every 9 months & bleed society dry with no means of ever contributing towards anything) & then there's the people like... Are nikkita, shannaiias mam 2 blocks down, who leaves the kids home alone playing out on a rough estate while she nips to asda at 9.45pm when she knows the reduced counters full to spend her £2.35 on her weeks shopping for her 7 kids. lol

Surely there's a point when you sit back & look at your brood & think, that's it Drs tomorrow for the pill, or jobcentre to get myself a job to support this lot?

**Those parents that won't even buy their kids a 20p mix bag but smoke & drink, buy scratch cards / play bingo etc.. :eek: a lady in my corner shop was giving her kids some foul abuse the other week bcoz they wanted some sweets, the woman screamed' what part of skint don't you understand.. but had 2 cans of red bull, a number 8 scratch card, some magazines & fags in her hand (I watched her buy all this, shaking my head in disgust) Prioritys?? lol

As you can see I'm slightly bitter that me & my hubby have had 10 yrs of heartache trying for a baby & failed attempts at Ivf. when idiots can fall pregnant so easily.. But hey thats life & I'm proud to say when we finally get there it's because we deserve to be there!

Ok I'm on the verge of getting into a full blown rage now & I've got a client in 20 minutes, best go get rid of this steam coming out of my ears pmsl x

Last edited:
Around our area there is quite alot of single track roads with passing places, I have my wing mirror knocked off and been forced of the road too many times from people who don't slow down to either pull in or let you pull in, they then try and shout at you for driving too fast. You soon learn how to annoy the drivers that do it without being in the wrong!

Oh oh another here.. When your on a driving lesson & your a bit too slow & you have a twit up your ass beeping, heres a polite message for you!

YOU WERE A LEARNER ONCE! THE NEXT TIME I'LL BE SURE TO GET OUT MY CAR & ROLL YOU DOWN THE HILL YOU CLEARLY CAN'T WAIT TO GET UP!

Im not a bad driver, I've been doing my lessons on & off for 6 years now pmsl, just irritates the bum off me when people are so impatient, only last week I'm coming up a hill (hence the above notice) some ugly man behind me gets so impatient giving me loads of f's & b's out the window so I give him two fingers & let him past... stuck my tounge out at him when he was going round me, I think he was more embarrassed than I was. My driving instructor said it's fine just not to do that on my test.

Im so considerate, i see someone with an L plate even though I have an L plate too, i wait for them, smile & stick my thumb up as a good luck sign. haha x

Last edited:
Oh oh another here.. When your on a driving lesson & your a bit too slow & you have a twit up your ass beeping, heres a polite message for you!

YOU WERE A LEARNER ONCE! THE NEXT TIME I'LL BE SURE TO GET OUT MY CAR & ROLL YOU DOWN THE HILL YOU CLEARLY CAN'T WAIT TI GET UP!

Im not a bad driver, I've been doing my lessons on & off for 6 years now pmsl, just irritates the bum off me when people are so impatient, only last week I'm coming up a hill (hence the above notice) some ugly man behind me gets so impatient giving me loads of f's & b's out the window so I give him two fingers & let him past... stuck my tounge out at him when he was going round me, I think he was more embarrassed than I was. My driving instructor said it's fine just not to do that on my test.

Im so considerate, i see someone with an L plate even though I have an L plate too, i wait for them, smile & stick my thumb up as a good luck sign. haha x

Lol while I wadding lessons I had major road rage, some chavs were up my behind one day so I slowed to 10mph ad stuck my finger out of the window. About half hour later the instructor pointed a car in the other side and said it was them, he laughed the rest of the lesson after I swerved towards them and slammed my had on the horn and swerved back. Silly I know but hopefully taught them that they were once learners struggling to understand why and how to do things xoxo

Facebook switching my nice profile over to crappy timeline.

It's CRAP!!! I don't want it. Put it back as it was.

what really winds me up is people who have kids when they shouldn't, I wasn't going to post, because once I start I don't stop... But seeing as everyone else is up on their soap boxes I'm joining y'all lol

**People who are on benefits who repeatedly get pregnant (I'm sure most of us know someone like this or know someone that knows someone like this)

why keep having unprotected sex?? Your already stood outside the post office on a Monday morning an hour before it opens waiting desperatley to draw your income support out because your kids have no milk on their cornflakes & you have smoked your last pouch of drum or run out of rizla so why continue to concieve & make another poor little one suffer?

(I must iterate, I don't mean the folk that lose jobs, split from partners & are left with no income or those that need benefits in genuine circumstances etc..)

I mean those that can work but won't work & think it's ok to get pregnant every 9 months & bleed society dry with no means of ever contributing towards anything) & then there's the people like... Are nikkita, shannaiias mam 2 blocks down, who leaves the kids home alone playing out on a rough estate while she nips to asda at 9.45pm when she knows the reduced counters full to spend her £2.35 on her weeks shopping for her 7 kids. lol

Surely there's a point when you sit back & look at your brood & think, that's it Drs tomorrow for the pill, or jobcentre to get myself a job to support this lot?

**Those parents that won't even buy their kids a 20p mix bag but smoke & drink, buy scratch cards / play bingo etc.. :eek: a lady in my corner shop was giving her kids some foul abuse the other week bcoz they wanted some sweets, the woman screamed' what part of skint don't you understand.. but had 2 cans of red bull, a number 8 scratch card, some magazines & fags in her hand (I watched her buy all this, shaking my head in disgust) Prioritys?? lol

As you can see I'm slightly bitter that me & my hubby have had 10 yrs of heartache trying for a baby & failed attempts at Ivf. when idiots can fall pregnant so easily.. But hey thats life & I'm proud to say when we finally get there it's because we deserve to be there!

Ok I'm on the verge of getting into a full blown rage now & I've got a client in 20 minutes, best go get rid of this steam coming out of my ears pmsl x

Couldn't agree more xx

Latest posts

Back