What grit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annalooby

Reaction score
When using Retention+ what grit file/block do you use for taking the shine of the natural nail? Also - do you go with the direction of nail growth (this is what I do) or am I supposed to go against? (I thought a no-no) I am getting conflicting information from tutors at college!

Thanks guys!

Looby:green:

hi i was taught by ceative and the way they told us was go down the nail in direction of growth with a koala (240/1200) only gently taking the shine off, you shouldnt need to do it loads , u use the 240 side of the koala by the way , hope this helps

No matter what system or products you are using you should never use anything more abrasive than a 240 grit and you should go down the nail from the cuticle edge towards the free edge.

I was trained with creative u use 240 grit (koala) in direction of nail growth we call it swerve the curve hth

I agree with what's been said, use a 240 grit or higher and only file the nail once in direction of growth to take shine off, any more and you will take a layer of nail with it making it thin.

240 grit, in direction of the nail.
Once removes the shine, twice removes the nail plate

Latest posts

Back