What hair does Hair Rehab use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Does anyone know what hair type hair rehab use?
Russian, Indian etc?
I have used Hair planet for years but want to move away from Indian as many clients ask for Russian or Mongolian.
I have just set up accounts with both hair rehab and euphoria one but struggling to find any information on the type of hair that hair rehab use for their wefts.

I think it’s Indian but not sure. Email them and ask x

Chinese x Good reviews on hair rehab london though!

Who really knows what anybody uses ‍♀️

Thanks everyone, I’ve emailed them and they say it’s russian Mongolian Indian mix, although I’ve been checking the luxe wefts over last few weeks and they are constantly out of stock in a lot of colours, I even colour matched a client today because the colour said in stock on the website, took deposit and booked appointment, only to find they only actually had 1 weft in stock (75g) when I needed 2 for a full head. Disappointed when I’ve invested in a ring and a stand from them when I opened my account, but it’s my fault I should have checked the stock levels over a few weeks first before committing, just didn’t expect that from a company with their reputation. (And a few clients had asked for them so thought it would be a safe company to go with) now looking to just use euphoria one!

Thanks everyone, I’ve emailed them and they say it’s russian Mongolian Indian mix, although I’ve been checking the luxe wefts over last few weeks and they are constantly out of stock in a lot of colours, I even colour matched a client today because the colour said in stock on the website, took deposit and booked appointment, only to find they only actually had 1 weft in stock (75g) when I needed 2 for a full head. Disappointed when I’ve invested in a ring and a stand from them when I opened my account, but it’s my fault I should have checked the stock levels over a few weeks first before committing, just didn’t expect that from a company with their reputation. (And a few clients had asked for them so thought it would be a safe company to go with) now looking to just use euphoria one!
Thats a complete lie! Their import data shows all of their hair is from China. Also on Lauren Popes (Dragons Den) TV show, she was shown going to China to source the hair. Also if Russian, Mongolian & Indian hair is mixed, it would be non remy hair because the hair cuticle wouldn't be running in the same direction, causing the hair to get knotty & frizzy. I've never heard any bad about hair rehab london hair, but its a shock to hear that they are lieing about their hair source. With regards to their colour range, if they reduced it, they would be able to stock more colours.

Oh really?! Thanks for the info!

A rep for hair rehab called me when I opened my account with them and I asked her over the phone, but I wasn’t sure still so to confirm I asked her again via email if the wefts were Russian Mongolian Indian mix, her reply was

‘That's right, our hair is sourced from a number of asian regions; Russia, Mongolia and India.’

So I have this confirmed in writing which is very disappointing

As for the luxe wefts they unfortunately have a very limited range I presume because it is quite new, so it hard to find an alternative colour match when the right one isn’t in stock!

Thanks again

Thats a complete lie! Their import data shows all of their hair is from China. Also on Lauren Popes (Dragons Den) TV show, she was shown going to China to source the hair. Also if Russian, Mongolian & Indian hair is mixed, it would be non remy hair because the hair cuticle wouldn't be running in the same direction, causing the hair to get knotty & frizzy. I've never heard any bad about hair rehab london hair, but its a shock to hear that they are lieing about their hair source. With regards to their colour range, if they reduced it, they would be able to stock more colours.

Why wouldn’t the cuticle be running in the same direction if it’s mixed?

Why wouldn’t the cuticle be running in the same direction if it’s mixed?
Because why would they mix different origins of hair. If you mix hair the cuticle is going to be running in different directions

A lot of companies mix origins ( russian/Mongolian) is most popular it seems, from their email they are saying that their hair Is sourced from all those regions, they aren’t saying it’s all mixed together so perhaps they don’t actually know!

Several companies have Mongolian /Indian mixes to give very straight sleek hair a bit of body and wave. No cuticle problems seen or reported. They are cuticle correct, whether Mixed or not.

Hey guys - just wanted to jump in here and clarify what hair we use. Our hair is sourced from a number of Asian regions as our focus is on consistency of hair quality rather than consistency of nation origin. Whilst we source hair from a number of regions, that doesn't mean hair from a number of regions is then mixed together.

The specification of our hair varies from product to product but the Salon Professional Range is, as a minimum, cutically correct remy hair.

We are really sorry that a number of you are experiencing stock issues, we appreciate this must be really frustrating for you. We have launched a number of new colours and products and have quite frankly, been inundated and unprepared with the level of interest. We have our factories working hard to manufacture more stock, but as we dye our shades by hand to ensure optimum colour blend and colour longevity, this is not a process we can rush. We hope to have all shades back in stock by the end of this month and much better stock levels going forward.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on this post, your comments have been really insightful and will enable us to improve communication to avoid confusion in future.

Several companies have Mongolian /Indian mixes to give very straight sleek hair a bit of body and wave. No cuticle problems seen or reported. They are cuticle correct, whether Mixed or not.
Cuticle correct hair is braid hair which is the highest grade in all origins, but mixing two hairs together which aren't from the same donor's origin is slightly odd.

The hair could be imported from indian/russia to china - processed in chinese factory then brought into UK, therefore import docs will show where imported from not origin of hair. Plus if its russian mongolia/indian mix it can still be cuticle correct as that only refers to direction of cuticle but not size/shape, the only slight issue may be in that the mongolian cuticle may be of a slightly rounder shape than the indian.
All that aside Ive not heard good things about hair rehab.

The hair could be imported from indian/russia to china - processed in chinese factory then brought into UK, therefore import docs will show where imported from not origin of hair. Plus if its russian mongolia/indian mix it can still be cuticle correct as that only refers to direction of cuticle but not size/shape, the only slight issue may be in that the mongolian cuticle may be of a slightly rounder shape than the indian.
All that aside Ive not heard good things about hair rehab.

This is true in the sense that China and India have the most number of factories and can process hair across the world at a faster rate than smaller factories. The hair extension industry is HUGE and is growing faster than ever! The demand is high, therefore the expectancy of production has to live up to that demand.
There is a lot of bad hair out there, as it is virtually impossible to regulate the industry. However there is alot of good hair out there. Its not unusual for hair say from Russian and Brazilian origins to be processed in Chinese factories. They have the tools and the speed to keep things moving at a fast pace. Plus don't forget alot of companies use drop ship methods, to cut the delivery time as well as other aspects.

Latest posts

Back