what hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
ive been thinking about getting hair extensions for a while now but as im a nail geek i dont know the first thing about them.i have my hair highlighted and its just pass my shoulders.i do straighten hair as it has a kink and is abit fluffy.i dont have thick hair.i was wondering if you hair geeks could give me any advice on what type of hair i should get.what the best/safest method is of applying them,how long they should last and the cost:?:
how often would i need to go back for them to be redone and how much would that cost:?:
sorry for all the questions i just wanted some info as i didnt want to jump straight in.thanks for any info.

me personally - i refuse to pay loadsa £ to get them done, so i do mine myself, but i dont mind high maintance work on myself, i enjoy it, and my hairs long anyway so i dont need a full head.
i buy the hair as a weft - there is an ebay seller who sells the most fantastic hair, at £60 or so for 22inch..pm me if u want his details.
i then either glue them in, or i use pro flex tape (google it to find out more info) to secure them in with,
they last 8-9 weeks..
to remove, i use the proclaim hair remover oil, then followed by the proclaim hair shampoo to get rid of any residue
the pro felx tape leaves no residue, the glue is tricky and hard work though..
ive always worn hair extensions.x

thanks for the info.if i was to buy the ones from ebay how would i apply them? could i get someone to put them in for me?

Hi , if you go to the navigation bar and type in hair extensions
you will find loads of information on there about professional hair extensions and advice ,
also some clip in ones too including reviews on the Jessica Simpson range :hug:

thanks for the info.i do already have the clip in ones which i love but i was interested in finding out abit more about proper ones.

Hey im not a haridresser but i do hair extensions. Personally they look fantastic and they give you great confidence but after they have been in a while people tend to get annoyed with them.

I use Glue porfessional bonding glue to attatch them to the hair, i would never go for weaving as this leaves your hair extremely notty, also clip in extensions tend to fall out easy. Glue will leave them very secure.

They ruffly last about 2-4 weeks audapends how much u wash your hair.

I charge a few difernt prices for the shorter type of extension i would charge £60.00 and for the longer type would be about £80.00 Which i think is reasonably cheap i dont think its wise to pay no more than £150.

Hope this information helps you.

P.s make sure that u get the remover when using this dampen your hair massage the stuff into ur extensions and gently brush them out this can be painfull but nothing major x

thanks for the info.i do already have the clip in ones which i love but i was interested in finding out abit more about proper ones.

Hi again , if you do a search you will find it has lots of information about the other types too.

Its just that there are so many different types of hair from cheap processed hair, to virgin Russian hair which you can pay hundreds of pounds for.

Also there are so many different application techniques out there too
it may be better to do some research first ,

and also Google different methods too
to try and find out what method you prefer ,
and then one of us extension hairdressers
can advise you in that particular method , good luck :hug: x

thanks girlies.i just need to figure out where to start now as there is so much for me to learn.anyone else got any advice? thanks for the replies so far

I do the individual pre bonded strands of hair ,
which is European hair it is reusable for up to a year or more depending on how you look after it ,
it stays in for 3 months and has to be maintained as the natural hair fall will be captured in any extension bond and this needs snipping off ,
these are very expensive as this hair is one of the best types and needs only as much attention as your own natural hair it comes root to point correct .

Then there are weaves, and micro rings , balmain double hair which lasts around 6 weeks , clip ins , and bond as you go types if you are looking for quality extensions they do not come cheap :hug: hth x

there are some cheap ones out there too , but they are not professional and would not really recommend these either as your hair could be ruined by the application if the person isn't qualified ,

plus the hair quality may not last for long or be guaranteed once it is put in the hair ,
so my advice would be to have them done professionally :hug:

I do the individual pre bonded strands of hair ,
which is European hair it is reusable for up to a year or more depending on how you look after it ,
it stays in for 3 months and has to be maintained as the natural hair fall will be captured in any extension bond and this needs snipping off ,
these are very expensive as this hair is one of the best types and needs only as much attention as your own natural hair it comes root to point correct .

Then there are weaves, and micro rings , balmain double hair which lasts around 6 weeks , clip ins , and bond as you go types if you are looking for quality extensions they do not come cheap :hug: hth x

there are some cheap ones out there too , but they are not professional and would not really recommend these either as your hair could be ruined by the application if the person isn't qualified ,

plus the hair quality may not last for long or be guaranteed once it is put in the hair ,
so my advice would be to have them done professionally :hug:

.[/quote
if i wanted a full head done in the hair that you use could you tell me a rough price of how much it would cost.i would say my hair is just slightly past my shoulders ans is normal thickness if that makes any sense.thanks again

[/quote
if i wanted a full head done in the hair that you use could you tell me a rough price of how much it would cost.i would say my hair is just slightly past my shoulders ans is normal thickness if that makes any sense.thanks again

Hi, it would all depend on the colour of your hair as a head of pure blonde hair is more expensive than a darker colour ,

also it would depend on how long you were wanting it eg in Inches ,

usually I get a tape measure out and then go to the maximum recommended length
which is double the lenght of the natural hair , this is so that the hair can support the weight and not cause tension spots

I cannot see your hair or head size so I would only be guessing ,
then there is the cost of the bonds and pre bonding of the chosen raw hair
which takes time .

This hair is re usable time after time,
but you do lose a little teeny bit where the bond is snipped off each time after three months wear so you can clean it and apply a new bond ready for the next use

What colour is your hair ? and what length in inches would double the natural hair be with a tape measure ?
and the thickness ? also what texture is it ? curly straight ect

anyway I shall send you a PM with some rough pricing hth x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back