What happens if I don't have insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambz94

Reaction score
Do I need insurance if I fit hair extensions, spray tans, nails, waxing? What happens if I don't have insurance? Could I be closed down? Is it against the Law? Where can I get insurance?

I'm a newbie and need advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is against the law - you could go to prison and/or lose your home and all of your possessions if something goes wrong and you do not have insurance.

It is against the law - you could go to prison and/or lose your home and all of your possessions if something goes wrong and you do not have insurance.
How do i go about getting it?x

You are wrong, it is not against the law not to have an insurance

For about £40-£80 per year, its a no-brainer in my opinion.

You may well go through your whole career without any problems, but if something did happen you would be kicking yourself.
Especially if someone were to claim and you didn't have the funds, you could lose possessions or maybe worse if the claim was large.

There are quite a few insurance companies to choose from - Salon Gold, Babtac, ABT, The Guild......
x

All of the information you are looking for is right here on the site. You just need to use the search function.

If you want to know about insurance companies, nail courses etc it's all there for you.

HTHs

How do i go about getting it?x

Try here ... it's not expensive Public Liability Insurance Quote| AXA Business Insurance

You are wrong, it is not against the law not to have an insurance

The moment you employ someone to help you in your business you will be required by law to have Employers Liability Insurance, and you can't get this without Public Liability Insurance.

Just like driving a car, you get a "No claims discount" as the years go by.

Why anyone would want to go around pouring hot wax on peoples skin and putting potentially blinding chemicals near their eyes without insurance is beyond me.

If something goes wrong and you are sued you will have to pay for everything ... solicitors, costs, compensation etc. upto many thousands of pounds If you cannot pay this you can be made bankrupt and lose everything you own.

On the other hand, if you plan to start small and then get a salon one day or grow your business, the law will require you at some point to have Employers Liability Insurance and this goes hand in hand with Public Liability Insurance. It's best to start "clocking up" the years of "No claims discount" now so that your premiums are reduced once it comes to making real money in a salon.

Hope that clarifies things. :)

thanks everyone you have really helped:D xxxxx <3

Try here ... it's not expensive Public Liability Insurance Quote| AXA Business Insurance

The moment you employ someone to help you in your business you will be required by law to have Employers Liability Insurance, and you can't get this without Public Liability Insurance.

Just like driving a car, you get a "No claims discount" as the years go by.

Why anyone would want to go around pouring hot wax on peoples skin and putting potentially blinding chemicals near their eyes without insurance is beyond me.

If something goes wrong and you are sued you will have to pay for everything ... solicitors, costs, compensation etc. upto many thousands of pounds If you cannot pay this you can be made bankrupt and lose everything you own.

On the other hand, if you plan to start small and then get a salon one day or grow your business, the law will require you at some point to have Employers Liability Insurance and this goes hand in hand with Public Liability Insurance. It's best to start "clocking up" the years of "No claims discount" now so that your premiums are reduced once it comes to making real money in a salon.

Hope that clarifies things. :)

The op is asking for herself I believe. In that case it's her choice to have an insurance. Law does not require to have an insurance. You can even work without any qualification, in which case you would not get an insurance.

Do I need insurance if I fit hair extensions, spray tans, nails, waxing? What happens if I don't have insurance? Could I be closed down? Is it against the Law? Where can I get insurance?

I'm a newbie and need advice.

If you don't have an insurance and something goes wrong, client can sue you and you will be responsible for it financially in most cases.

If you have an insurance and something goes wrong you would be covered by your insurer. That's means that insurance company will pay for the "damage" but only if you follow their rules. Client record card must be filled properly, one box ticked too many and you are not covered.

The choice is yours.

For about £40-£80 per year, its a no-brainer in my opinion.

You may well go through your whole career without any problems, but if something did happen you would be kicking yourself.
Especially if someone were to claim and you didn't have the funds, you could lose possessions or maybe worse if the claim was large.

There are quite a few insurance companies to choose from - Salon Gold, Babtac, ABT, The Guild......
x

i wish it was 40-80 a year, as over here in ireland its anything u to 400 euros :(

If you're working for yourself, as in mobile, then you don't have to have insurance but it's always best to have just in case things go wrong, it's for your own protection really :)

Get the insurance, if nothing else it makes you look more professional. I agree with other posters, anything can happen, you just never know what's round the corner. You can also advertise yourself as being fully insured. Why would you not insure yourself if you're a professional therapist. That's just mad!

Get the insurance, if nothing else it makes you look more professional. I agree with other posters, anything can happen, you just never know what's round the corner. You can also advertise yourself as being fully insured. Why would you not insure yourself if you're a professional therapist. That's just mad!
ithanks for everyones comments, its really helped+ im not a professional therapist yet! im just researching thing before i go mobile and have finished my courses, if im only mobile will i only need public liabilty insurance?

ithanks for everyones comments, its really helped+ im not a professional therapist yet! im just researching thing before i go mobile and have finished my courses, if im only mobile will i only need public liabilty insurance?

Yes.

If you call the beauty guild or babtac they will explain everything.

The price of insurance depends upon the treatments you offer.
I pay about £300 a year but I offer electrolysis, advanced electrolysis, micro needling as well as all the usual stuff.
If you don't have it then the world stops spinning, you go a funny green colour and start oozing ectoplasmic goo, and really, nobody wants that, do they?

I pay about £300 a year but I offer electrolysis, advanced electrolysis, micro needling as well as all the usual stuff.
If you don't have it then the world stops spinning, you go a funny green colour and start oozing ectoplasmic goo, and really, nobody wants that, do they?

Lol

Jurate xx

ive just been doing ruff quotes online and for what im doing,(going to be doing) 71 pound a year. i went on go compare x

Latest posts

Back