What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Ooh !!!! I've come over all patriotic today. You know the song 'What have you done today, to make you feel proud'. Well, I've done three things.

1. I've just become a Premium Geek. Can I download pics and write tutorials? Can I heck. But this site has given me soooooooooooooo much. Insomnia...........Bad Rep.............Hate mail. :wink2:

No, I'm kidding. I've gained so much knowledge, shared and cared with all you lovely techs and had a bloody good laugh. So, to show my appreciation and heartfelt thanks, the least I can do is pay £25 and do my bit to support the upkeep of this site for the next year. Is that what it's for or does Sam have a drink problem? :biggrin:

2. I'm sponsoring Mrs Geek and Simon.

3. I've started a thread about St George's day God bless him.

So what have you done today to make you feel proud? :Love:

not so much what i have done.. but i have a disabled son he had a swimming accident 3 yrs ago that left him brain damaged, he couldn't walk , talk basically went back to being a baby hes 10 but has the brain of a 3 yr old, he is one in a million he has come on so far never shuts up talking, runs faster than me, he makes me feel so proud of him every single day (hes a star) he still has a long long way to go. but as a family we are so very proud of him......:D

Not a very noticeable day, but then I got an email with a very sad cry for help from a very lovely young lady and I hope in some way I have been able to help.

Aww Kimmi!!!!

What made me proud today is the amount of support and kindness I have received from all my friends here on this site.....I am proud to be a Geek.

Clare

stars r me said:
not so much what i have done.. but i have a disabled son he had a swimming accident 3 yrs ago that left him brain damaged, he couldn't walk , talk basically went back to being a baby hes 10 but has the brain of a 3 yr old, he is one in a million he has come on so far never shuts up talking, runs faster than me, he makes me feel so proud of him every single day (hes a star) he still has a long long way to go. but as a family we are so very proud of him......:D

Just for you, I'm gonna rephrase it. What do you do every day, to make you feel proud. You make me feel humble.

Hats off to you and your son. You go girl !!!!!!!!!!!!! :Love:

oh my god you brought tears to my eyes, thats very sweet of you kimmi thank you..:hug:

Great Post Kimmi - I too had tears when I read Stars are Me's post; it IS very humbling.

Well I was trying to think of today in particular as that was the original post... I guess I was embarrassed because I don't think I have done anything particular today but now you have changed it to everyday... well, I try and do little things that others wouldn't think of... to suprise people and make them happy; I do this by reading many magazines and seeing what is going on and what people are thinking... I had two very excited 'thank you notes' last week from two customers I had suprised.... that makes me feel proud! :o

Anyone of you that know me on here know that I have very little self esteem, although I`m working on that.
I have to say 2 things happened to me today that made me feel proud, 1 of them being a phone call from a lady saying someone had seen nails I`d done and loved them so recommended me. Now I know you all have recommendations but this is a first for me, I can honestly say none of my clients have ever brought in another, strange I know but true, so I allowed myself some preening, lol.
The second, I had a letter confirming a teaching post I`ve been offered, now that to me is a huge ego boost I can tell you, I`ve been grinning about that since last Thursday when I had the interview but to have it in writing, well its just fantastic.
Having said that, it doesn`t even come close to Diannes` comment about her son, well done to you, you deserve to be proud of him!

well done debs on your teaching post, hope all goes well.:D

Good on you Kimmi for doing those things today :cool:

Dianna you must be so proud of your son, We change as people when hit by tragedy it makes our lives different and we become better people for it. Dianna I am sure your son is has proud of his Mum has you are of him.

I always try to help other not for brownie points or peoples approval, But because life is too short for bitterness, Selfishness and anger.
We are all given one shot at it and if we can help change one person's day then we should feel PROUD.

stars r me said:

He sounds like a very special little boy and know wonder you are proud of him. Be proud of yourself too as you are an amazing person.

I always crave to be the mother that my mother wasnt...so i count to 10 everytime they play up, and think of ways to sort out the problem without shouting, it takes a bit of getting used to but it can be done. My daughter Ria May (9) told me today that when she grows up she wants to be like me. I would never had said that about my mother so that made me feel very proud. I am also proud to be a geek, and to call all of you friends. xxxx...i think i'm gonna cry, so i'm off....lol

ahhhhh thanks angie come back:hug: i no just what you mean about kids, my mum took my son out today his name is ryan along with my 5 yr old who is not an angel he drives me up the wall, id rather be left with ryan than :)evil: calvin)no hes not all bad but hes not all good he hitt the terrible twos and has had it it ever since, but were would we be with out them.

Mrs Geek said:
Great Post Kimmi - I too had tears when I read Stars are Me's post; it IS very humbling.

Well I was trying to think of today in particular as that was the original post... I guess I was embarrassed because I don't think I have done anything particular today but now you have changed it to everyday... well, I try and do little things that others wouldn't think of... to suprise people and make them happy; I do this by reading many magazines and seeing what is going on and what people are thinking... I had two very excited 'thank you notes' last week from two customers I had suprised.... that makes me feel proud! :o

Okay, my first one is what somebody else does to make me proud to be Creative!

1) I have chosen Samantha Sweet as my new mentor! (And now she knows! :lol: ) Because of the above post, and because when I had a chat with her the other month she inspired me. So I am proud that I am a geekette & have starting collecting cuttings on all the top nails techs to learn where I can improve and what I can aspire to.

My second one is more serious;

2) My friends Auntie has just found out she has got Ovarian Cancer. So I have started thinking of ways I can help her fight it. And I am going to go once a week to give her some 'Me' time, e.g Indian Head massage, manicure, pedicure etc.

Anything that will stop her feeling down and help her relax. I have researched and found it is important for sufferers to take this time and concentrate on their soul. Not to think of the cancer as something that affects or controls them because this gives it feeding ground.

She is currently housebound and is completley in the dumps. So I figure if I go round with relaxing music and sit and chat with her etc it will give her something to look forward to and take her mind off the obvious. I have spoke to her sister about it and she agrees it will be good for her so I start asap.

I am pleased it is something I can do because I truly believe it will help her. But I'm also guilty to be proud because it makes me feel good as well.

Victoria x

beautifulnails03 said:
But I'm also guilty to be proud because it makes me feel good as well.

Victoria x

I dont think there is anything wrong with that..sometimes when we feel good for helping others it makes us want to do it more...and that cant be bad can it.

You have taken the time to learn about what is good for your friend and we all need friends like that. xxxx

Well I am looking after a friends two daughters for 9 days as she has gone to Grace lands USA with her Hubby they flew out on Monday I have had the kids since Sunday.

I have five so two more kids does not make a differance.

I hope they are having a great time and I no they can rest as they know the kids are going to be safe with me.

I wouldnt say I feel proud just happy for them to be able to get away together and do something they have always wanted to do.

Caz xxx

well i think thats really nice of you. lol dianna x

Your friend is lucky to have someone as considerate as you looking out for her.

God Bless you both.

all the other posts make mine sound really selish but im very proud of myself at the moment.

i have a BIG fear of flying and always send my poor hubby off on holiday with his friends because of my fear so i can happily go off to buttlins, but hubby keeps asking, begging and pleading for me to go on a holiday with him. 2 weeks ago i went on the virgin "flying without fear course" and took a 45 minute light, had a major panick attack on the flight and said NEVER AGAIN, but yesterday was my wedding anniversary and wanting to do something special i have got myself a ticket to fly to ibiza in may with hubby as he is going with his sister and some friends. when i told hubby i was going he was smiling from ear to ear:biggrin:. even when we got married i refused to go anywhare so we went to the isle of white for a week.
so at the moment i feel very proud of myself as ive never been able to even get as far as booking a ticket before.
i might even get so use to flying he will be beging me to stay at home so he can go with his friends with out me:lol:

good on you for doing that , i have phobias and could never do one of those courses
well i was a shoulder to cry on yesterday for my mate , and i looked after her baby for an hour and was very proud that she didnt start screaming :) , i have figured though that 7 month old babies like mobile phones , lol

kalchis said:
all the other posts make mine sound really selish but im very proud of myself at the moment.

i have a BIG fear of flying and always send my poor hubby off on holiday with his friends because of my fear so i can happily go off to buttlins, but hubby keeps asking, begging and pleading for me to go on a holiday with him. 2 weeks ago i went on the virgin "flying without fear course" and took a 45 minute light, had a major panick attack on the flight and said NEVER AGAIN, but yesterday was my wedding anniversary and wanting to do something special i have got myself a ticket to fly to ibiza in may with hubby as he is going with his sister and some friends. when i told hubby i was going he was smiling from ear to ear:biggrin:. even when we got married i refused to go anywhare so we went to the isle of white for a week.
so at the moment i feel very proud of myself as ive never been able to even get as far as booking a ticket before.
i might even get so use to flying he will be beging me to stay at home so he can go with his friends with out me:lol:

Well done you - that has taken courage and a lot of nerve - you should be very proud ofyourself as it is not easy to overcome a valid fear like that.

Latest posts

Back