What have you had to put up with from neighbours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Prompted by the thread about christmas lights up which i thought wasnt that bad and cadence alex's neighbour and my friends neighbour that used to let her tyres down what has anyone else had to endure.

I have been invited over for drinks, bottle of wine brought over when my partner broke his foot badly, the overhang of hedges cut back from my neighbours, a tour of the old boys camper across the road, offers of babysitting - my neighbours are lovely - can't moan at all.

Apart from the one who lets their dog poo and throw up on my grass and never clears it up:mad: :mad: :mad: .

Teri x:hug:

To be honest my neighbours are fine. Usually keeps themselves to themselves. The only thing I can say is that the lady next door is a little scatty.

When my dad died last year, I spent quite a few weeks up mums. When I got back she caught me on the drive to see how I was (nice of her) then she comes out with - "Well, I thought one of your girls had died as I hadn't heard them. Because kids die dont they and your dad would understand wouldn't he?" WHAT!!!

Also at christmas she told emily that santa might be a buglar. They had there shed broken into and we had the police in checking locks etc.

I call her the batty lady next door.

My neighbours moan about everything! My tumble dryer is too loud, my dog barks and my wind chimes make too much noise!!!! But yet their 14 & 16 year old kids have house parties (with the police coming around because the party goers are kicking cars)!!! They say that's normal behaviour!!! Our house's aren't even attached!! lol!! NIGHTMARE!

My neighbours are all lovely I have to admit.
Sometimes they have to put up with me coming home late but they never complain about taxis or kids banging their trainers outside (you have to have boys to understand this I think?)
They can have their lights up all year for all I care.
We have Neighbourhood Watch which is good and at Christmas it's like Las Vegas at some parts of the town, so... tastefully does it, and if it lasts all year I'm not particularly mithered.

We moved to a lovely area about three years ago. Having come from quite a high crime deprived area. Which i have no problems with I had lived their since I was 8.

Oh my god my new neighbours are worse than the ones we used to have. She has a lovely house and a nice car oh my god can she swear and she is always shouting at someone.

She even when balistic one morning as I slammed my door to loud, But she is aloud to say and do what ever she likes. I think she ownes the street.

I kept my calm and did not say a word as coming from the bronx i wanted to tell her to **** right off. I do not bother with any one and keep my self and my family business private.

Where I came from every one looked out for each other and were realy friendly.
You cant even get out of your car without some one trying to rip your door off as they drive past.

I actually think she thinks were lower class but you should have seen her face when we parked the Ferari outside :lol:

Well I live next to the most horrid person ever, when her husband was alive it was twice as bad!
When my boys where very little and the eldest was around 4 he was diagnosed with ADHD, he was always climbing the fence and peering over in to next doors garden but they put a stop to it and placed barbed wire all the way round, they even posted me a letter stating why they had done this and that reason was "so he would cut himself and learn a lesson not to touch what doesnt belong"
For god sake he was 4 yrs old!
The old man (when he was alive) would come round, invite himself in and proceed to turn off my lights stating it was like blackpool with every light lit up (like it was him that paid the electric! NOT)
Oooo i could write a book with the going ons with my neighbour, now we dont even bother with her, shes very frail and ready for popping her clogs but still has a nasty venemous tongue when she shes my boys and they are now coming up 19 & 20 lol
And to think when i moved into the house im in (21 yrs now) i would do her shopping, tend to her garden etc and i was pregnant...it was only when my kids came along she and her husband turned nasty!,.....go figure?

We Have been living in our house for a year and a half now, and we have had no trouble with our neighbours we are semi detached the girl we are joined onto is lovely. we do have a lady a few houses down who is rather snobby and gives me funny looks when i see her but thats about it!! Lol xxx

How cruel is that, I have noticed as people age some do tend to turn nasty.

The people next door put a large fence up when we moved in. I thought great I dont want to look at you either. I like to sunbath in peace.

Can't complain at our neighbours... we've got 2/3 who we're friendly with, the rest are weekenders who have the neighbouring houses as weekend homes, they live and work in the city...
We go down to our neighbours, have wine, tapas and a lot of chat, they come up to ours and do the same, they're fab neighbours... I even turn a blind ear to their music, as they do to ours, but being as our front door and theirs are over 500m away from each other it doesn't really cause a problem... :D

When we lived in England it was a different story altogether, we hardly knew our neighbours, lived in the same house for 13 years! We found them to be whinging and whining most of the time, not so now :D

Music every single night of the week,so freaking loud i can hear every single word over the tv !

Kids ,drunk brawling in the street like wild animals !

People stealing our wheelie bin !

And to top it all off,having our car vandalized :grr:

It used to be lovely where I live,but now I hate it,and family members wonder why we are moving away !?!?!?!?

Where i used to live the neighbours anticts would make the dead turn in their graves.. it was a complete nightmare.. even the kids where to scared to go outside.. then when we moved they found out where we had gone and slashed all our tyres (on both cars) spray painted the cars and throw bright blue gloss up the frount of the house.. so you can imagine what we had to out up with:eek::eek::eek:

BBuuutttt the new neighbours are fantastic.. you just could not ask for better.. we have bar b,s every weekend in the summer, they babysit all the time, they take the kids out, they always buy the kids stuff, they look after the dog when we go on holiday and they are even trying to help me find a job and have offered to have the kids during school hols if i need them too.. If we go out and they are babysitting (we catch the bus into town and live about 1/2 mile or more from the bus stop) she comes down and picks us up from the stop..

We never knew you could have neighbours sooo nice.. they have even said that they would lay down infrount of the moving lorry if we ever tried to go:lol::lol::lol:

where I lived previously I endured 4 years of hell at the hands of one neighbour and her family this inlcluded intimidation, physical assult, damage to cars etc, I was unable to let my children walk to school in case they were physicaly or verbally abused, it was only one family but I have since moved away from them and life is back to normal:) ish

my street is quite nice but every single one of us are having problems with my next but one neighbour and her 14 yr old. the boy broke into my house, i called the police the woman went beserk at me screaming she was going to kill me and "he is only a kid"?? he continually lets his staff dog out and it craps everywhere. he rings the doorbells everynight, and he has a liking for stone throwing and kicking our fences down. he has stolen parcels from our garden .When I walk to the shops he follows me on his bike gibbering away.He has attacked my daughter twice and so now she no longer plays out the back. the police are round there all the time and people have admitted that they dont want to complain as they dont want this woman causing a scene or more trouble than there already is.

We were forced to move by our previous neighbour due to being kept awake all weekend, if we got an hours sleep it was a miracle.

He was a young guy on his own with lots of noisy mates. We have had them shouting abuse through the walls, almost knocking the front door in with banging in it to have a go at us. He threatened me, we heard them plotting to get into our house through the attic, they were all joined attics, only a small wall dividing them, we had to have the fire brigade out when they decided to burn the dog's kennel in the garden and I could see the flames reaching our bathroom window.

We had to sleep at friends and relatives houses at the weekend just to get some sleep, our daughter was only one when it started and I would get so upset about her growing up in that inviroment.

Once we moved they would call my mobile at midnight to, pretending they were calling about nails, I mean, come on, how daft would I have to be to think that a potential client would call me at midnight!!!!

We called the police more or less every weekend, they never once came out. We got the enviromental health out but as we were in the process of looking to move then we didn;t take it any further cos we were actually scared of what he and his mates would do to us, our house and our car.

If it had not been for my daughter I would have given back as good as I got. He was quiet all week cos he had work but weekend came and OMG what a nightmare.

The landlord for our house also owned his house but refused to do anything, even went so far as to say we were making it up. We had to keep a log of all the disturbances for enviromental health and it certainly makes for an interesting read.

Our neighbour here was lovely, she was a young woman and her partner, who worked away, and her 3 year old. We got on great, bbq most nights, my little one played with her son every day, we would take her to work, she babysat for me, i babysat for her, it was lovely, then she moved on New years day and we miss her alot.

Rachel

I'm really lucky, I dont have any. The nearest to me is about 1/4 mile away & they are a elderly blind couple that keep themself to theirself! On a night I leave my car unlocked & the keys in the ignition ... knowone comes down! I dont think our front door has ever been locked, there is only one key between 4 of us & it stays in the door lock!!

When I used to live with my parents it was a different story ... a old woman threatened to have our dogs poisened because they barked :rolleyes:

Another woman who use to be a helper at my secondry school told the teachers I used to get really drunk & go & bang on her front door :rolleyes:

We had a bloke drunk come & bang on our door looking for his parents who used to live next door ... ever tried telling a drunked twit that his parents have moved house??? :lol:

MASSIVE arguement over a fence which was replacing our brick wall which SHE knocked down by driving into it and wouldnt pay for repairs (she said claim off our insurance and say the wind did it).

so we left it knocked down for years - and she complained it was an eye saw and started nicking bricks from it for some reason - probably to make it look worse! me dad said enough was enough and got rid of the lot while they were on hols and replaced with a fence - they came back and complained because the pailings were on our side (we have to cos me mums a childminder and if they are on the other side kids will climb on it!!) and made out HE couldnt get his wheelbarrow down (like he ever did before) plus we had brought the fence a few inches closer to us so it they actually had MORE room there side!

they phone up to complain to us - and mu mum expained they had to go our side due to the kids etc she got in a huff and thought she put the phone down (my mum still listening our end overheard us telling her hubby she was going to report my mum for running a business from home (even though she is fully registered)

in the end me dads soft and opted for a quiet life and so out pailings down their side to (so it had it at both sides - in my book making it thicker meaning no way would he get his stupid wheelbarrow down) in fact if it had been me id have told him where to shove his wheelbarrow, i wouldnt have given in so easy. it was due to them that we had to put the fence up cos they knocked the wall down.

NOW to top it off our kitchen window overlooks their back garden - so they have put plastic topairy trees in front of our window which block our light out so thats another arguement thats on going - and the fact they are growing climbing plants up our fence!!!

My neighbours are very noisy and stay up all hours fighting with each other but I can cope with that. The thing that gets my back up is they can't leave my dogs alone! I have 2 dogs and whenever they see either of them they'll throw over cat biscuits (which make them ill!!!) and call them. The one even broke the fence by leaning over to try to get my one dog. We have come home many nights after work and one of the dogs is next door because she has kidnapped him!! I have had so many arguments with them to leave the dogs alone but they just can't do as I ask. It has now got to the point where the dogs have to stay in the house whenever we are not there, even though they prefer to be outside where they can run and play, they even whine to go out but we can't let them unless we are with them! I have phoned the RSPCA and they can't do anything unless the neighbours are posing a threat to the dogs!!! It's madness!

Mine won't let me paint my side of the fence!

He's a nutter - noone on the street bothers with him as he's such a grumpy sod.

I've asked him nicely and he just replies no. I tried to sneakily paint it last summer i managed to get a third of the way down until he appeared over the top on a pair of step ladders and hurled abuse LOL :irked:

Sadly i've not got the money to go see a solicitor to find out if it is acutally mine as i've got the bad side facing me and by all accounts it should be the other way around if it does belong to him.

He's an arse I've said to him - well don't blame me when it rots and falls down!

I feel better for sharing that. thanks

Mine won't let me paint my side of the fence!

He's a nutter - noone on the street bothers with him as he's such a grumpy sod.

I've asked him nicely and he just replies no. I tried to sneakily paint it last summer i managed to get a third of the way down until he appeared over the top on a pair of step ladders and hurled abuse LOL :irked:

Sadly i've not got the money to go see a solicitor to find out if it is acutally mine as i've got the bad side facing me and by all accounts it should be the other way around if it does belong to him.

He's an arse I've said to him - well don't blame me when it rots and falls down!

If it's on your side mate it's none of his bloody business!

Latest posts

Back