What inspires you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickysnails200

Reaction score
So as the title says what inspires you? Where do you get your inspiration from? It can be a thing a place a person not necessarily related to the Beauty industry!

For me it's packaging as weird as it sounds I've came up with a lot of ideas from pretty boxes,nice designs, perfume bottles.

Barbie she's had every job known to man all while looking amazing
Nicki minaj she doesn't care what any body thinks , has no fear and loves bright colours

And the obvious ones; social media, magazines and salon geek xxx

to do something well,with good intentions and that in so doing others benefit as well as myself...win win :Love:

also to leave something behind for my children once ive gone from this earth ...also an impression that I once existed kind of thing :wink2:

Wow that's an amazing answer!xxx

Not quite as deep and meaningful as Colins, I get a lot of my work inspiration from the person standing infront of me in a queue.
I look and scrutinise their hair on how I could fix it, cut it to flatter them more, or put slices of colour in to contrast it ....

Yeah I know. I'm sad! But it passes the time waiting to be served lol. I've even said to a couple of ladies in queues ...Sorry to intrude, I'm a hairdresser and I think (XYZ ) would really flatter you by...(whatever) they end up asking if they can book in to have it done

Children inspire me in life too...there is no Grey area with little ones, makes you look at life and situations in an uncomplicated way..can or you can't, will or you won't...

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not quite as deep and meaningful as Colins, I get a lot of my work inspiration from the person standing infront of me in a queue.
I look and scrutinise their hair on how I could fix it, cut it to flatter them more, or put slices of colour in to contrast it ....

Yeah I know. I'm sad! But it passes the time waiting to be served lol. I've even said to a couple of ladies in queues ...Sorry to intrude, I'm a hairdresser and I think (XYZ ) would really flatter you by...(whatever) they end up asking if they can book in to have it done

Children inspire me in life too...there is no Grey area with little ones, makes you look at life and situations in an uncomplicated way..can or you can't, will or you won't...

I always do this aswell, definitely gets the creative part of my brain ticking! but never brave enough to actually speak to them!

Sarah xo

Definitely my immediate family. We have had a rough few years with parents etc but it has made me, my husband and my two girls really pull together.

They are my inspiration for doing the crazy hours I do and the business risks I have taken.

My eldest daughter works for me and to come into work and see her beautiful face is always such a pleasure. Then to have a good day and send her sister some money at uni and have it totally appreciated is a joy.

My husband and I are now home alone with the dog and his support of my business is just second to none.

Feeling a bit emosh now!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely my immediate family. We have had a rough few years with parents etc but it has made me, my husband and my two girls really pull together.

They are my inspiration for doing the crazy hours I do and the business risks I have taken.

My eldest daughter works for me and to come into work and see her beautiful face is always such a pleasure. Then to have a good day and send her sister some money at uni and have it totally appreciated is a joy.

My husband and I are now home alone with the dog and his support of my business is just second to none.

Feeling a bit emosh now!

Vic x

Awwwww big hugs Vic x

Feeling a bit emosh now!

Vic x

Aw that's so lovley :) I'd say my family too, my kids are still young but their so proud of what I do, when I need to recharge my batteries I take them for a walk on the beach in the evening and we sit and talk about our dreams for the future :) I've actually found you (vic) quite insipirational latley too you have a refreshing insight into how business runs and works, I've taken quite a bit of what you've said in various posts latley and pondered on it :) thanks xx

Aw that's so lovley :) I'd say my family too, my kids are still young but their so proud of what I do, when I need to recharge my batteries I take them for a walk on the beach in the evening and we sit and talk about our dreams for the future :) I've actually found you (vic) quite insipirational latley too you have a refreshing insight into how business runs and works, I've taken quite a bit of what you've said in various posts latley and pondered on it :) thanks xx

Wow! Thank you.
Really appreciate you saying that. I had a friend who became a mentor to me in the early days and hope that I can share some of what he gave me. I just said to my husband tonight I should call him to come and visit the salon. Another inspirational person for me!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

It really depends. If it's the beauty side of it, it's other people's work. Coming on here and seeing how good people are makes me envious lol and makes me strive to be better. I know this comes with time too and I haven't been doing this very long. I like reading magazines and looking on Pinterest. I also like looking at people's nails, skin etc when waiting or even when I'm in the docs (one of the doctors seen us at the hospital he had terrible nails it really bugged me!!!) I ended up giving the receptionist a tip in nail care (apparently she didn't get much after care ? 😱 lol)

If it's personally. I learned singing when I was young. Took singing lessons for years and there's a few singers that I adore who just pushes me. I want - I need to be as good as them. I love everything and im fascinated by everything they do haha. Who am I kidding I'm a total fan fanatic of said people lol. I've met a few my idols and I cried (a lot)

When it comes to my personal way of being. Like who I am. I will always be inspired by my grand parents and my uncle who passed. They were my pillars and brought me up. I don't have a particularly big family anymore so the family I do have I love dearly but we aren't a bunch who have strived to do anything that's..different. So I hope, from learning and setting up my own business I inspire them to follow their dreams.

Anything else comes from books, surroundings, learning from other people - Stephen hawking recently.

Latest posts

Back