what is a home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chantell simone

Reaction score
hey everyone, how are you doing

i just wanted to run something by you all

would you regard someone who works from home as having a home salon?

now reason i ask is i have a friend who is a beauty therapist and nail tech, she is very good

she was renting a space in a salon but it didn't work out so she left

she has just told me that she wants to work from home but is advertising that she has a home salon. now she does not have a spare room that she will be using as a salon, she will be doing treatments in her living room!

i am just concerned that clients will be a bit miffed to see her couch in the living room next to her sofa and tv :confused:

I would think that most clients who think you have a home salon would be thinking they would be coming to a room specifically set aside for beauty treatments.

There are a lot of people who say they 'work from home' and are quite happy working from the corner of their designated space, be it the kitchen or lounge or where ever, but 'working from home' and 'home salon' counger up different ideas to me, do they not to you?

I have a 'home salon' but its quite surprising on how many new clients are openly surprised when they come to my home, they don't expect a fully equipped salon and treatment room. I am not sure what they do expect but their comments are always 'oh, this is great, I didnt realise it would be like this, so do you do other treatments too then?'. It is quite funny actually :) I always wear my uniform too which gives a more professional appearance which the clients obviously appreciate as I have had comments on how smart I look.

I would agree, if I saw someone advertising as having a home salon I would definitely expect a separate room, kitted out too. If someone just said they worked from home that's fine too but doesn't conjour up such a specific picture.

I have 2 large rooms in my home based salon. One room is for the entrance and I do nails in there. I have a hydraulic chair and a full sink setup in there too, a coat rack and a chair for waiting clients....(yea right well one day)
The other room has a door for privacy that locks when I do waxing treatments. I just started to do pedi's in this room too as I find it's more relaxing in that room.

I have a seperate entrance too, the only downside is that they have to walk around the house to the back and down some stairs (about 6 steps.) It is not great in the winter for my elder clients. However, they are really surprised how nice it is, I don't even have an outside window, but it's really cozy!

Ahhh,,,,now if I only had the clients to use it...1 1/2 years in the business but I'm getting busier. I guess it takes time eh?

aj

Latest posts

Back