What is Anna using ?!? (setting the record straight ;-)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
As you know I'm a disrtibutor of Akzentz gels in Ontario (Canada) and also practicing nail technician.
Those who know me for a while (esp. from Beautytech and Nailsplash) know that I'm a product junkie ;-)
If something is out there chances are, that I have tried it LOL

So I have used many products and if someone is asking, I give my honest opinion (and I say it is opinion, not a fact of life).
I try to be fair and honest. I know in our industry if someone sells one thing, usually they do not talk, or give advise about other products……(nothing against selling and using one product! but I am who I am)

I decided to distribute Akzentz because I do believe that it is a very good gel and very nice to use (user friendly).
I do not educate for Akzentz though, I educate for my own company Polished.ca.

I use Akzentz to teach with…because like I said it is very nice to use…but I would consider my education more of a non-product based, general education that you can apply to any gel you are using.
That’s why on my website you see very generic terms like "builder gel", "clear gel".

Some people were surprised that I answered a post about Brisa…so I did not "switch" to Brisa….I did not stop using Akzentz….I tried Brisa and I think it is a very good gel. The white gel is very nice..and it does cure over natural nail (beacuse that was the question).

Thanks for reading :)

Hi Anna,
Having read your post on the pro and cons of Akzentz gels and Brisa, I found it to be very honest and in my opinon unbiased. I am glad you can give us all the details for different gels, IT helps :cool:

Is it true that akzentz is just star nails under a different name????

I think it is good to get unbiased views on here, most people give them and it means if you aren't really associatted to one product then we know you have a good opinion that as i see it can be listened to or ignored if people wish it.

When you love a product sometimes you can't help going on about it if it works for you, but people have to try for them selves and see what works for them.

Bodacious said:
Is it true that akzentz is just star nails under a different name????

No, its not at all. Akzentz is manufactured here in Canada BC.
I have used Star and it is a very, very different line.

SN is a 6 watt gel. Akzentz is 9-36 watt.
SN is self leveling, Akzentz has some self leveling gels but mostly medium viscosity and it does not run (stays where you put it, just the surface smoothes out)
SN is mostly 1 step, Akzentz not.
SN whites are not really white. Akzentz has some very nice white gels :)

Anyway..very different lines :)

Thank you Anna, it's just that I had heard that Akentz was just re-branded Star Nails x

Latest posts

Back