What is going on with Tibby Olivier?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest if S2 pulled out because of these 'rumours' they should be ashamed of themselves for not outing them!!

There will have been legal issues surrounding what they could and couldn't say

Sent from my SM-G850F using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't care about legal obligations it's morals!!

To be honest I think SS will have just been remaining professional throughout it, whatever the reasons. I don't think we can blame them for any of this. Even though believe me if there was anything to know I would love to have known too lol I'm sure a lot of us would.

I wouldn't care about legal obligations it's morals!!

It's all very well having morals, legality is just that..LEGAL!

It is TO who, should it be correct, appear to have no morals.

S2 have chosen to walk away. It is down to TO to do everything else.

It is soul destroying for therapists that have paid through the nose for the products and courses though.

I think even if it came to light that it was all rubbish, which is doesn't look like it will, I would be walking very quickly away from the brand because of how they have handled the whole situation. Disgraceful customer service.

Last edited:
Hi there everyone new on here so just getting the hang of it all.
I did the contour d,or tanning in March last year with a colleague and to date we have only done one I contacted them to see what other means of advertising can be done and was told to join the group on Facebook and get ideas this totally put me off the company. About 4 months later there was message on Facebook to say that people who were trained in spray tanning can now purchase the tan on its own, on replying to the message I was told that we would get something through the post in a way of sorry as I paid out over £500 in training and was now not reimbursed anything. It took 3 weeks for it to come and it was the smallest of bottles enough to do a tan on one person I was disgusted. I was looking into the sv but over the months decided not to as I wouldn't want to invest any more money into a company that doesn't have the customer service you need. I know a lot of salons use this product and goes very well but for me it's a big NO NO.

It's all very well people saying ' I knew not to trust them' etc but at the end of the day a lot of us went on courses at s2 beauty schools and relied on their backing that it was a good treatment and a good brand as we trust them. When the partnership broke up things went downhill and yet again, us the hardworking therapists who parted with our cash were left in the dark with I answers and money down the drain. So clearly we don't matter. It's infuriating.

I have taken shrinking violet off my lists and binned all the stock left in the salon.

I would keep hold of the stock, and any invoices for it and the training.
It will come in handy if and when it is needed for evidence.

Keep the focus on the company and people who have perhaps mis-led you not on S2 who were perhaps just as clearly duped by TO.

S2 are probably gagged as far as being allowed to spill the beans on these people but as soon as S2 decided to ditch the SV brand that was as big a red flag as they could possibly raise to everyone without saying anything!!!

I don't use the brand but that one act put me on high alert that something was very wrong.

The other massive and numerous red flags came via this site with the many threads about SV. Reputable geeks questioning the claims of SV and their ingredients and the disgraceful responses and behaviour from the geek handling SV towards these and any other geeks who dared to raise questions and challenge them.

SV seemed to have a strong presence on this site from geeks who had bought into the product, defending the brand, producing photos, saying how great the product was, and getting into heated debates with the geeks who wanted real and proper answers.

Each person who bought into SV, or any brand, is responsible to do their own research first and ask questions. If the questions aren't answered, and the evidence of trials and testing aren't made public that should be enough to make anyone think twice.

What would be just and fair is if TO are made to recompense those who bought their stock if it transpires that their product and claims are indeed false.

Most people make at least one bad business decision, perhaps this one was S2's but that does not make them responsible for the questionable SV product. The people responsible for the questionable SV product are those at TO.

Peace and respect.

Last edited:
mmm some strong stuff going on here and surprised that this thread is allowed to continue given the comments being made :wink2:

Im not defending or passing specific comment on any aspect of this other than to remind folk that this is the internet and open for anyone to read and it is important to remember it as statements made on here are statements that can end up in the courts ,even if they are deleted or moderated as the original posting can be subject to a screen shot or printed off and can be made and used as evidence .....and for sure it wont be the first time for some individuals :rolleyes:

happy peeping :Love:

Last edited:
Besides the actual issues of the products etc, I think the saddest thing to come out of all this, is the lack of trust some people now feel towards ALL suppliers, which is understandable. This has had a knock on effect for the whole nails and beauty industry and TO should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

this is without doubt the biggest and saddest issue here and does little to give confidence to those that work in this sector

that said this isn't the first deception in this industry and im darn sure it wont be the last :rolleyes:

Its time that suppliers return to good old fashioned business ethics and values if we are to stand any chance at all to being successful into the long term :Love:

mmm some strong stuff going on here and surprised that this thread is allowed to continue given the comments being made :wink2:

Im not defending or passing specific comment on any aspect of this other than to remind folk that this is the internet and open for anyone to read and it is important to remember it as statements made on here are statements that can end up in the courts ,even if they are deleted or moderated as the original posting can be subject to a screen shot or printed off and can be made and used as evidence .....and for sure it wont be the first time for some individuals :rolleyes:

happy peeping :Love:

Have you been following the entire story on fb? If not, then trust me this thread is incredibly tame by comparison!

Be assured that Sam is aware of this thread and indeed has said it should stay.

What has happened with TO is, I think, previously unheard of in the industry and is having a huge knock on affect with therapists the world over. I do know that trading standards here in the uk have been contacted and have agreed to take on the case. What is coming to light now is, I suspect, merely the tip of the iceberg.

this is without doubt the biggest and saddest issue here and does little to give confidence to those that work in this sector

that said this isn't the first deception in this industry and im darn sure it wont be the last :rolleyes:

Its time that suppliers return to good old fashioned business ethics and values if we are to stand any chance at all to being successful into the long term :Love:

Agreed :Love:

This thread has helped me make my decision of not going with shrinking violet. TO has just launched a few months ago here in Canada and I was looking at taking it on from reading great reviews but now I will definitely be steering clear.

Are there any other wraps that are similar?

This thread has helped me make my decision of not going with shrinking violet. TO has just launched a few months ago here in Canada and I was looking at taking it on from reading great reviews but now I will definitely be steering clear.

Are there any other wraps that are similar?

Bioslimming :biggrin:

I won't be restocking with them.. I can't believe it's just a little statement on fb saying it's in hands of legal team.. Why are they not denying claims, and defending the product. If anyone was bashing my business I would be screaming from the roof tops and backing it up 100 %.

I was a bit concerned when s2 parted ways as the product was sold as rock bottom prices, I should have realised then I had been ripped off from the tibby oliver company! X

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you been following the entire story on fb? If not, then trust me this thread is incredibly tame by comparison!

Be assured that Sam is aware of this thread and indeed has said it should stay.

What has happened with TO is, I think, previously unheard of in the industry and is having a huge knock on affect with therapists the world over. I do know that trading standards here in the uk have been contacted and have agreed to take on the case. What is coming to light now is, I suspect, merely the tip of the iceberg.

well okey dokey but this simply enforces the possible dangers of making public statements on the internet..be it salon geek or Fb it really doesn't matter

besides as i understand it direct derogatory remarks should not be made to companies or individuals on this site....or did i get that wrong :wink2:

TBW similar inappropriate and by far far worse fraudulent activities by certain individuals/companies on other products have occurred in the market place (even recently) where the perpetrators have used this site and postings here as the means to appropriate there scam

Evidence taken from these postings has ended up in the high courts where litigation has ensued....is the high courts the best place for postings from here to end up..are we not here rather to offer advise and support to those needing it...oh with a little chit chat light relief thrown in ?

As for trading standards involvement I would very much suspect that once they have looked into things and realised the complexity of the issue at hand that it is highly unlikely that they will proceed as they tend to steer clear of any complex trading standards breaches..particularly if they are international trading issues ..(dealing with the selling of illegal ciggies and perfume at the local market stalls is just about the extent of there limits im afraid) ..leaving any litigation for more complex legal matters to that of civil proceedings initiated by individuals and or companies ...which in this case may or may not ensue

As for me the issue of what TO has allegedly done here is not what this is about and it is not for me to pass comment on as I am not privy to the facts ,however clearly there seems to be something fishy going on however what is relevant is that derogatory postings directed at companies/individuals is not appropriate according to the sites own rules ,or acceptable for that matter anywhere on the internet or generally in the media no matter what the owners of such medias personally believe or endorse .

we are in a modern world and what we now say on the internet can be seen by millions and is now regarded as tangible evidence in the courts ...

It is therefore always wise to act on the side of caution as those being spoken about here will undoubtedly be following things very closely :wink2:

one thing is for sure....us Manufacturers need to regain the confidence within our profession of those we serve .... our professional therapist customers who can then feel confident when applying treatments to there customers(the consumer) that all is good and what is printed on the can..is ..well ....whats in the can :hug:

those that perpetrate inappropriate trading actions and hoodwink others do need to be dealt with...however best left to the courts to do so

time for good old fashioned business ethics to return across the board to this wonderful profession :Love: :hug::Kissing::o:lol:

I think the post needs to stay so that any therapists who use their products are aware of what's going on.
The company has acted appallingly and with all the things that have been going on then I think it will go further then you think!

For what it is worth, we are not restricted to silence on the matter by anything other than our desire to be professional.

We invested very heavily into TO on the belief that their products did what they said they did. We were told that everything had been submitted to the EU portal (at the time, it was brand new and the route to getting stuff on there long and complex... actually, it is still that way!). We were told there was plenty of research, trials, substantiations, etc... The products were also successfully being marketed and sold in the industry. That all gave us the confidence to move forward.

Then in the 11th hour up to launch (and after a legal agreement had been entered into) and this information was not materializing to our satisfaction, we took the decision to dilute all claims in our marketing materials and we re-worked the education while we waited for substantiation to be produced so we could feel better about reverting back to using her claims.

Eventually, doubt set in and we grew frustrated of the wait so we cut ties only months after launch. It was an insanely expensive lesson for us, but for us it was best in the long run to be a company professionals can trust.

We didn't publicize our decision or go into the wheres and whys. After all, she could have substantiated her claims the day after we left. Furthermore, we wanted to steer clear of the gossip mill that many in our industry love to drink at. We don't ever take the decision to part ways with partners lightly so parting and then airing dirty laundry over "why" just feels inappropriate. Its sort of like when 2 parents go through a divorce and one of them feels the need to dump on the kids and poison the relatives and friends. Regardless of the parents justification for doing so, I find it ethically objectionable.

The bottom line is that we lost faith in the product doing what we were told it did and so we walked away.

All of the rest of this hullabaloo... who knows? There is a lot of speculation, gossip and assertions which do little to benefit anyone. The one positive outcome is that people may demand more from their manufacturers and suppliers as well as do a little more homework on claims they may make (I know we do).

Pro tip: No cosmetic product is ever going to help you lose fat. That act alone would remove it from the cosmetic category.

Pro tip: No cosmetic product is ever going to help you lose fat. That act alone would remove it from the cosmetic category.

amen to that brother :Love:

that said ..back in the day before sensible legislation came into force in so far as what ingredients as manufacturers we can now put into slimming products the consumer could pop a tablet and eat a cow and lose weight at the same time.

Trimmers was one such product that could do this...unfortunately it was laced with weed...no wonder the individual lost weight as they were flying high as a kite and climbing off the ceiling too boot :eek:

so powerful was the product and of course the additive side effects that there were ques at the sunbed shops before opening times with housewives desperate for more supplies :eek:

thank goodness for realistic legislation that provides protection for the consumers health and well being

today..there is no product on the market,weather orally taken or applied to the skin that can,in itself create weight loss

at best any product on the market can only "assist" or act as a "crouch" to the self determination of an individual wanting to loose weight

in addition to cosmetic surgery the other "certain" way to loose weight is to chuck that can opener for Heinz beans in the bin and suck on a lettuce leaf :eek::lol::hug:

Latest posts

Back