What is most popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamantine

Reaction score
I can't afford to do a full course atm so I am planning on doing either a L+P or Gel course and concentrating on honing my skills there before I branch out into the other one but I am unsure which to choose?

What is most popular? I have had both and preferred the Gel simply as there is less smell but what are the trends just now?

I remember fiberglass used to be very popular but I do not think I have ever met someone who has had fiberglass nails in years!

Do l&p (acrylic). No doubt about it.

I learnt gel first then found I was turning away clients because they wanted acrylic and weren't prepared to try gel.

I learnt acrylic the following year and picked up a lot more clients.

Now after 9 years trading and a fair clientele, the vast majority have acrylic, quite a lot have Shellac, and 2 or 3 have gel.

Have fun!

I only do l&p and not once have I been asked for gels.
Rhiannon x

Do l&p (acrylic). No doubt about it.

I learnt gel first then found I was turning away clients because they wanted acrylic and weren't prepared to try gel.

I learnt acrylic the following year and picked up a lot more clients.

Now after 9 years trading and a fair clientele, the vast majority have acrylic, quite a lot have Shellac, and 2 or 3 have gel.

Have fun!

Thanks. That's what I thought but I had heard alot of people talk about gel but wasn't sure if they were gel polish or gel nails as some people confuse them lol.

Also l&p is more difficult to master
Once u have that I've heard gels are easy to pick up

Also l&p is more difficult to master
Once u have that I've heard gels are easy to pick up

I was not sure if it would be better starting easier or jumping right in at the deep end so to speak. But I will have longer in the end to perfect the L+P. Think that's my decision made!

I agree with Miss LB & Blossom :wink2:

Latest posts

Back