What is the best foil transfer gel for art nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeVee.Nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Like many of the others in this forum, i am completely new to this.
I really needed some recommendation, hacks and tips in regarding to isolating foil transfer to a specific design like shown in the picture attached.

I have tried using gold chrome which seemse to spread and stick to other areas of the nail even after wiping. I'm not sure if there is a step that i am missing.

however i really would like to try foil the recreate that mirrored metalic look on gel art lines but i'm unsure of what foil adhesive to use to achieve this look and the process.

Preferably brands that can be accessed in the UK.

I hope someone can help a girl out !

Attachments

• nails.jpg
    nails.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 17
For foiling specific details over gel, this is what I do,

1.Prep, base, colour
2.Once you're happy with your colour and it's fully cured, topcoat, cure, remove tack if necessary, then buff the whole nail at 240 grit, so the whole nail goes matte.
3.Paint on your foil gel wherever you're going to stick the foil, cure it
4. Apply the foil. All foils work slightly different, some are best with snappy on-off dabs, others need a firm press and pull.
5. Topcoat.

I use the Naio Nails foil gel, works perfect every time but really stinks

If you do end up getting any specs of foil in the wrong place, you can clean it up with a brush and alcohol before topcoating.

Using chrome powder, similar method...

1.Prep, base, colour
2.Once you're happy with your colour and it's fully cured, topcoat, cure, buff.
3.Paint on your details with shiny no wipe topcoat, cure
4. Rub in the chrome, dust off the nail. It will only stick to the shiny topcoat
5. Topcoat.

Let me know how it goes!

Latest posts

Back