What is the best glitter-to-powder ratio...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailartist

Reaction score
...so that you don't throw off your product's usual mix ratio, but so you can still get a good solid glitter nail? I use CND, and have been wanting to play around with glitter more. I got some Nail Graphix, but when I went to file on the color, I discovered it was the metalic glitter, so I filed all the color off! Grr. I want to use other kind (can't remember what it's made of, but it's not metalic, so you don't file off the color when you finish.).

nail graphix needs to have a thin overlay of clear..no wonder why you had problems!:wink2:
If you are using it to sculpt you need to underlay clear also.
Its the best glitter i have used if you want something very bling.
Nsi have technailcolour ( opalescent)that i add no more than a sprinkle..CND has twighlight which you can do the same with..and other metallic powders that you can play around with safely without worrying about your ratio..other than it looking too OTT.

1 part glitter to 4 parts powder gives a solid looking result without compromising the strength of the nail. if you want less dazzling results, use less glitter for a more subltle glitter effect.

I too have just got some nail graphix glitters (intergalactic and like a virgin) and was wondering whether I should use clear or pink powder, any advice would be great. Thanks

I too have just got some nail graphix glitters (intergalactic and like a virgin) and was wondering whether I should use clear or pink powder, any advice would be great. Thanks

Intergalactic can be mixed with either pink or clear. Like a Virgin is recommended to be mixed with white.

nail graphix needs to have a thin overlay of clear..no wonder why you had problems!:wink2:

Well, I DID use a thin layer of clear over the top--must've been too thin, though. Well, next time will be different.

1 part glitter to 4 parts powder gives a solid looking result without compromising the strength of the nail. if you want less dazzling results, use less glitter for a more subltle glitter effect.

Thanks, angel fingers! But why would I want subtle? :D :D

Latest posts

Back