What is the best way for my situation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
About a Year ago I qualified in Level 2 Beauty Therapy.

It was a struggle for me and I didn’t think I was going to finish the course because o had a lack of friends and all my female relatives where working full time or at university studying.

But I managed to pass and could have gone onto a level 3 course but i didn’t want to do it because it would have been more harder for me because I like confidence and financially couldn’t afford it and wasn’t entitled to financial support. However I found it hard to find employement in the beauty industry until about 6 months later.

A family friend who went to a hairdressing salon used have her eyes brows done by a girl that was doing beauty but she left and she suggest that I speak to the owner about doing some work for her to help with my confidence.

Met her and her daughter and they was love and I was looking forward to be apart of a team, I brought all my equipment so have all my things if I decide to go Mobile in the future or when I gain experience in a beauty salon.

A few months in they was arguing with each other, the mother(owner) started to be really nasty with me and rude.

The daughter qualified in Level 3 hairdressing is the type of person that can talk for England and takes all day to do you Hair because she’s slow etc. If I would do anything for her and did it wrong becuase I had no clue what I was doing because it wasn’t explained and it’s not my desired industry she would become so vile and moody with me.

I wanted to leave because I could hear them talking behind my back about getting an apprentice with clients and close friends and I knew they would plan to get rid off me at some point.

I was literally cleaning the salon, putting towels to dry at the end of the day, shampooing Hair, making drinks, making payments, answering phone and taking bookings and get lunch for them when they had no time.

I was working Wednesdays-Saturdays paid £10 a day.

I was eventually told about the apprentice and in the end I have left.

On Facebook they got a ‘team phoo’ Of me and hasn’t not taken it down since i left, I left mid July this year.

She has now employed someone who is not qualified in Beauty as a beauty Therapist.

Haven’t spoken to her since left, but really would like the photo taken down but feel rude by asking her? What can I do

About a Year ago I qualified in Level 2 Beauty Therapy.

It was a struggle for me and I didn’t think I was going to finish the course because o had a lack of friends and all my female relatives where working full time or at university studying.

But I managed to pass and could have gone onto a level 3 course but i didn’t want to do it because it would have been more harder for me because I like confidence and financially couldn’t afford it and wasn’t entitled to financial support. However I found it hard to find employement in the beauty industry until about 6 months later.

A family friend who went to a hairdressing salon used have her eyes brows done by a girl that was doing beauty but she left and she suggest that I speak to the owner about doing some work for her to help with my confidence.

Met her and her daughter and they was love and I was looking forward to be apart of a team, I brought all my equipment so have all my things if I decide to go Mobile in the future or when I gain experience in a beauty salon.

A few months in they was arguing with each other, the mother(owner) started to be really nasty with me and rude.

The daughter qualified in Level 3 hairdressing is the type of person that can talk for England and takes all day to do you Hair because she’s slow etc. If I would do anything for her and did it wrong becuase I had no clue what I was doing because it wasn’t explained and it’s not my desired industry she would become so vile and moody with me.

I wanted to leave because I could hear them talking behind my back about getting an apprentice with clients and close friends and I knew they would plan to get rid off me at some point.

I was literally cleaning the salon, putting towels to dry at the end of the day, shampooing Hair, making drinks, making payments, answering phone and taking bookings and get lunch for them when they had no time.

I was working Wednesdays-Saturdays paid £10 a day.

I was eventually told about the apprentice and in the end I have left.

On Facebook they got a ‘team phoo’ Of me and hasn’t not taken it down since i left, I left mid July this year.

She has now employed someone who is not qualified in Beauty as a beauty Therapist.

Haven’t spoken to her since left, but really would like the photo taken down but feel rude by asking her? What can I do

remain professional. there is no harm in being professional. a quick message would suffice, 'hi xxx, hope this message finds you well. i'd like to thank you for the experience you gave me whilst working with you, and i am saddened that it came to an end. i understand there is still a picture of me on your team photo, would it be possible you could remove this? i would not like to confuse future prospective employers. thanks, xx'
done. piece of piss. if they reply and are rude, don't reply, end of. leave it there. i can't see them keeping it on after that message, if u pissed them off that much then why would they want it on there?xx

Well It has been about 3 months since I have left and they have been active since then.

I was treated ever so badly and was supposed to be a model for the apprentice they hired.

The apprentice is supposed to be the reason I had lost my job because she wouldn’t be able to afford me and last month she employed the aromatherapy who rented a chair for a day or two a week as a beauty Therapist, she is not even qualified in Beauty.

I don’t know why I should be the one to message them when they are supposed to me there owner of the business I worked for.

I was treated shockingly and paid nothing.

Your post sounds very familiar. Have you posted this question before?

You say you don't know why you should message them about taking the photo with you in off their Facebook page, but as you're the one who isn't happy with it being there (fair enough), it has to be down to you to ask them to remove it.

It certainly does sound as if you were badly treated and taken advantage of by your employer and her daughter but I am concerned that you are letting this one bad experience eat away at you, even though it's now 3 months later. You need to try and put it behind you and move on to bigger and better things. Unfortunately there are unscrupulous people out there who will take advantage of newly qualified therapists.

With regard to moving on, you said you couldn't afford to do Level 3 and weren't entitled to financial support. Are you absolutely sure about that? I went back to college to do level 3 last year (20 years after doing level 2!) and everybody doing the course, including myself, was entitled to the advanced learner loan. It isn't means tested and anyone over 19 who earns under £21,000 is entitled to it (you need to check which courses, but level 3 beauty is included) and you only start paying it back when you earn over £21,000 per year. Alternatively, why don't you try and get an apprenticeship in another salon?

Latest posts

Back