What is the Best way to remove Gel polishes? Shellac or Gellish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gellish76

Reaction score
Right now I have been soaking in acetone for 10 minutes, I have seen the foil and cotton ball method on videos. Is there a place to buy the small foil squares? i haven't seen them in any supply house. Well please share methods of how you like to remove gel polish and which brand you use... Thanks :green:

I use these ones which I get from Sweet Squared in the UK. Not sure if they supply the States though!
Magis, Foil Nail Wraps, Foil Nail Toes
I soak the pad in acetone, wrap the fingers for 10 minutes and push off the remaining product with an orange stick.
CND do their own Shellac wraps too.
Meet the Wraps - CND

thanks i will have to look to find them in the states

I use hair foil from my proffessional hair supplies. It's 100mm by 100 metres
For around £8 and I cut the squares off using the box it comes in. Then I get cotton wool discs (also from my local supplies) and cut them into quarters as this fits all nails perfectly when soaked in acetone and wrapped in foil squares- it's sooo much cheeper. HTH x

For around £8 and I cut the squares off using the box it comes in. Then I get cotton wool discs (also from my local supplies) and cut them into quarters as this fits all nails perfectly when soaked in acetone and wrapped in foil squares- it's sooo much cheeper. HTH x

what size of squares do you make with the foil? Thanks for your ideas

Good idea, but I just don't have the time to cut up hundreds of squares!

Haya, I pull out the foil till I see an oblong of around 4" then tear it along the box line.. It's soo quick and saves alot of money thus increasing your profit margin, if you give me your email address I'll photo it if you want a better idea! I'm [email protected] x oh and it's shiny side towards the nail to reflect more body heat- quicker removal xx

Good idea, but I just don't have the time to cut up hundreds of squares!

You don't. Them- you tear them along the box line as they are already at the correct width anyway! It's brill and if you get the hair foil that you'd use for highlights (100mm x 100metres) divide that into 4inch squares and how much money your saving for the price of 100 metres of foil that's around £6! I'll note your name on twitter and send you a pic! X

Oh!!! Lol, I forgot to mention... Get the plain silver foil- not blue, gold pink or green as the colours transfer to the skin!! I found out when I got desperate and I used some of the ones I use for highlights!! It does come off but it just looks funny, gold one looked like the client had been a heavy smoker!! Haha!!

How does one post pics on h? Have taken a load, showing step by step and the pro care hair foil too! Oh and I worked out how many foil wraps my large 250 metre box makes and it's just under 2, 500! That with the cotton discs cut in quarters, is a massive saving- making each full set removal less than 1p In products and more profit for you!

I pull out the hair foil until it's about 4-5inches long, I use the foil box to cut it with by folding the foil back and tearing down the cardboard which I'd how I use it for highlights in hair. If you send me a message to my email , I'll send u a step by step picture sequence! I just sent it to a girl who mailed me now, she just spent £40 on remover pads!!! I'm staggered!! She could have had ... Wait for this.... You'll love it! Over 8,000 remover foils for that price!!

Latest posts

Back