What is the best way to stock up on products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPardoe

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I’m just setting out on the road to setting up my own hair salon, I’m just wondering what is the best way of getting products?

most salons I've worked in the manager has done a weekly shop at capital and orders a few things in. So I’m really unsure of what my options are.
Thanks in advance

What products are you using??...ie are you a L'Oreal salon etc etc... call them, see a rep, open a trade account...pay 30 days end of month.....minimum spend is £50...easy to achieve...for all the other bits use someone like salon supplies or a wholesaler in your area.. generally free delivery and next day...why would you waste time driving to capital, where the prices are inflated retail, pay by cash or card, then drive back....etc

Gosh - I really don't know how to write this without sounding rude...if you are asking these questions are you sure you should be starting your own salon.

Thank you I will look in to that I’m not sure if there is a salon supply’s round here I will look in to that.

As to your rude comment, I’m have only worked in small interdependent salons with non preferential owners so I wouldn't know this so I will continue on to open my own salon Thankyou.

I am not suggesting for one minute your ability to cut hair is less than brilliant , however without some business background you will just be yet another opportunist. I hope you have people around you that can help you and i wish you the very best of luck...a successful salon isn't purely about cutting hair.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just opened my own barbershop and wasn't sure about this either. I rang tigi (I had already decided I wanted to go with these) and they sent my local rep out for a no obligation chat.

I opened an account, and put an order in on 30 days credit (there are other ways of paying too) and my minimum order was £50. If you go with the companies themselves, you get products cheaper than wholesalers and new products faster than they do too. Also they're delivered to you at no extra cost and you get all the promo stuff for free too (product stands, carrier bags, price lists and some product knowledge courses for you and your staff).

Hope this goes some way to help! Good luck with your new venture :)

Thanks wilson barber co That sounds the best opption. I will do this as soon asap
My hubby is helping me we have a soft play cafe together . Finally able to have my own salon kl ki

What colours etc are you going to be using hunni?

Just get them in for a chat an open a account you will get 30 days to pay or I usually just pay the rep the next time they come in. When you order direct you can usually get loads of freebies too xx

I use goldwell in my salon. I started with the smallest startup package I could get, selected colours I knew I would need etc. that set me up with all my basin stock and posters as well. I also got bowls and towels as part of the package.
Now I get great discounts and offers from goldwell and I'm not paying the inflate prices of my local salon supplier. It's well worth the initial outlay.

Latest posts

Back