What is the best way to try to save this nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
My client is booked in tomorrow for a re-shellac and sent me this picture tonight of her broken nail.

What would you suggest has the best chance of saving it. I have brisa light smoothing gel but wonder if this needs the extra protection of an overlay which would be acrylic.

I have the BL sculpting but am not doing the course until 22nd October so don't really want to use that yet.

Whatever I use would have shellac over it.

Just wondered what your opions are.

Thanks in advance

H xx

Attachments

• pennys nail.jpg
    pennys nail.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 476
I would pop a fibre glass wrap on it if you have some

I would pop a fibre glass wrap on it if you have some

thanks for your reply, yes I do fibre glass but didnt think that was as strong as acrylic?

My thumbnail looks like this, and as above said use fibreglass wrap. I have shellac on top and no problems whatsoever. I would say its been like this for 2 weeks and the fibreglass seems to be doing the trick. Hth x

It's not as strong as L&P but I would pop some fiberglass on as suggested and follow than with BL smoothing gel for a but of extra strength ...as you don't want to use BL sculpting.
Do you offer L&P?

It's not as strong as L&P but I would pop some fiberglass on as suggested and follow than with BL smoothing gel for a but of extra strength ...as you don't want to use BL sculpting.
Do you offer L&P?

Yes I do offer L & P Rinn, do you think that would be better than fibreglass & BL?

H xx

I would shorten length a little (do all nails if client is fussy with having same length on all nails) and I would use fibre glass then use BL smoothing gel if the split is less than 1/3 across.
It's hard to see exactly how big the split is but if it's more than 1/3 or at least half way, I would do an overlay of L&P.

I read a tip from geeg and it works a treat! Hope I read it right geeg. I put a little adhesive and a tidy bit of acrylic over the split and feather it out and bingo! Nail saved and eventually file it out. My client is so impressed by my talent haha. Thanks geeg x

Sorry "tiny" but i'm sure you worked that out x

I do exactly what JCS says and use an adhesive such as GelBond the use an L&P "patch" over the top blended into the natural nail. It's not even noticeable before Shellac is applied and more than lasts until their next appointment xxx

I would cut it down and sculpt her a new nail.

Latest posts

Back