What is the best way ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne7174

Reaction score
Could you all give me your advice on the best way to learn sculpts ? Is it best to play about and self teach or is there a course you can do just to do sculpting? I only use tips at present but would love to do sculpting. Thanks.:)

By all means have a play, etc, but it is best to do a sculpting course. I thought I was sculpting properly until I did the course. You'll also find out how to taylor the forms to accommodate problem nails.

so where would you recommend to do a course ?

As you're using NSI, why not contact them to see what courses they have or maybe do a couple of hours 121 with one of their educators?

I agree definitley do the course with who you trained xx

We all start out by playing, but you can't replace being shown the proper way by a qualified trainer.

Go with either of the systems you are using now and go from there. As Chris said, you get shown how to cope with problem shapes.

Of course it is always better to have an expert show you how to do something than to muddle thru on your own.

I can tell you the best way to practise without putting yourself under pressure. Whenever you have a client with a broken nail .. repair it with a sculpt!! One nail at a time with no pressure. An easy way to learn and easy to monitor how the client is getting on with it.

I can tell you the best way to practise without putting yourself under pressure. Whenever you have a client with a broken nail .. repair it with a sculpt!! One nail at a time with no pressure. An easy way to learn and easy to monitor how the client is getting on with it.
That's how I started out. Whenever I needed to do a repair, I'd sculpt. Now I nearly always sculpt

Of course it is always better to have an expert show you how to do something than to muddle thru on your own.

What a fab idea, thanks Geeg. Why don't I ever think of things like this?:rolleyes:

Thanks for your replies I willtry to mend my next broken nail with a sculpt !! and contact Star and nsi about training .

Latest posts

Back