What is the difference between a HotShot & Blizzard ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunarstorm

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Had a search and can not find anything so I'm throwing my question out to all of you.

My question is, what is the difference between a CND HotShot and a CND Blizzard file? Both are 100/180 with the HotShot being black and the Bizzard being white. Is there any difference in thier durablity?

I don't know why but I find the 180 side of the Blizzard easier for refinement as to me, it seems more bendy. so I'm thinking of paying the extra for the Blizzard boards but I'm not sure if they will last as well as the HotShot board does. I'm not sure wether to order a pack of both types of board as I don't want to waste any money getting two products which do the same thing. (Money is really tight right now!)

Sam xxx

Hi

The obvious difference is the colour - seem to remember when I did my training that it meant the grit/dust that came off the board was white and so did not discolour your powder or enhancement.
I think that is really the only difference, but I may be wrong

HTH

I use the Blizzard boards with my Brisa gel enhancements, and the other ones with my L&p. The Blizzard boards came in the kit when I did the Brisa training so I have always used them for that, hth x

I got both types in my L&P and Brisa kits so I've tried both boards out. It's just where I'm still a newbie and kill my files :lol:, I'm not sure is the Blizzard will last as well as the HotShot on L&P. I only use the Blizzard with Brisa though, as this is what I was told to do during my training.

Although I perfer using the Blizzard, I don't want to waste my money by ethier buying a product that is going to wear faster or by buying two products which do the same thing, to the same standard.

Sam xx

Hi There,

I totally agree with Katie_doo, the Blizzard file is for use with Brisa gel and the Hotshot is for use with liquid and powder.

Tracey x

Latest posts

Back