What is the difference between CND Nailfresh and a primer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi, I have a friend who has problems with all types of gel lifting and chipping (Ive tried hard gel, soak off gel and also shellac). She has always been like this way before I did her nails and she keeps them short, oils religiously and doesn't have a demanding lifestyle. Anyway, I have some cnd nailfresh, that I bought just to swipe smile lines and tidy polish manicures and I'm thinking of using this on her to see if it helps. My question is, what is the difference between nailfresh and an ordinary primer? Will nailfresh (in the long term) cause problems to her natural nails? I know I need to scrubfresh, then apply nailfresh, then scrubfresh again to leave pathogens but doesn't that "wipe out" the nailfresh??

Any primer/nailfresh experts out there, your help will be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you x

Don't quote me on this..but as far as i'm aware..nailfresh is a dehydrator, removes excess moisture/oil from the nail..where as nailprime is a bonding agent for extra adhesion for L&P enhancements.

I have no idea about the long term effects having never used them, sorry, although CND's nailprime does say it eliminates burning and thinning of the nail. Someone will be along soon :)

Nailfresh is a dehydrator.
Way back when CND was Creative, they had Nailfresh to dehydrate nails and a product called Scrub that cleansed the nail. They then formulated a new product that combined both of these actions, and called it Scrubfresh which dehydrates and cleanses leaving pathogen fighters behind on the nail.
Thereafter Nailfresh kind of dropped off the map ;)
It is now having a revival as it is so damned handy to have to clean smile lines because it evaporates so quickly and does a great job of detailing your polish application without spoiling it. Also it does give extra dehydration if required if you have one of those very rare clients who have oily nails.
Using Scrubfresh after Nailfresh does not negate it's dehydration just adds to it, but the other way round Scrubfresh then Nailfresh then the Nailfresh would negate the cleansing power of the Scrubfresh.

As to primer, it is a dehydrator and bonder if it is an Acid free primer, and the old fashioned methacrylic acid primers...well they are a whole other ballgame lol! ;)

Thank you very much ladies. So, just to clarify, nailfresh is just a dehydrator whereas primer is dehydrator AND bonder??
Would either of these cause problems for a natural nail in the long term? X

Thank you very much ladies. So, just to clarify, nailfresh is just a dehydrator whereas primer is dehydrator AND bonder??
Would either of these cause problems for a natural nail in the long term? X

correct :)

I don't use a primer since the products I use don't require it ( Brisa Gel ) but I do use bonder and occasionally Nailfresh with clients that have lifting problems. I do scrubfresh, nailfresh, scrubfresh, bond, gel.

As long as you are preping the nail properly and client is following proper aftercare, the dehydrator (Nailfresh) shouldn't have any long term effects on the nail. As for the primer...I can't comment as I don't use them. Hope I made sense :)

correct :)

I don't use a primer since the products I use don't require it ( Brisa Gel ) but I do use bonder and occasionally Nailfresh with clients that have lifting problems. I do scrubfresh, nailfresh, scrubfresh, bond, gel.

As long as you are preping the nail properly and client is following proper aftercare, the dehydrator (Nailfresh) shouldn't have any long term effects on the nail. As for the primer...I can't comment as I don't use them. Hope I made sense :)

That's great, thank you. What is it about primers that makes people steer clear though? X

CND Nail Fresh is a prep booster, its recommended to be used on clients prone to lifting, oily nails. A quickly evaporating solvent that removes oils, moisture and pathogens from natural nail. It pulls the moisture to the surface of the nail, should be used prior to Scrubfresh.

CND NailPrime is a bonding agent that permanently adheres Liquid & Powder enhancements to natural nail and prevents lifting.

:D

That's great, thank you. What is it about primers that makes people steer clear though? X

Traditional primers are acid based that could cause severe reactions. CND Nail Prime is ACID free and completely safe to use.

CND NailPrime is a bonding agent that permanently adheres Liquid & Powder enhancements to natural nail and prevents lifting.
:D

Yeah about that, it says permanently..what does that mean if L&P is a semi permanent product?

Thank you x can nail prime also be used with gel or only l&p ?

Yeah about that, it says permanently..what does that mean if L&P is a semi permanent product?

If L&P is applied following the correct procedure, it shall not lift from the nail plate, it will not be required to be removed every time the client comes back for the rebalance, hence the Nail prime permanently adheres L&P to the natural nail, so you have less work to do every time you have a rebalance. :D

Latest posts

Back