What is the Koleston Perfect special blonde range like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I did once trusted my hairdresser and she burnt my hair, ended up bald and toke 8 years to get my hair back, so I'd like to be educated of what is going into my hair to be sure I don't let that happen again!

I found that hairdresser online with fabulous reviews btw, so being bald and having to wait almost a decade to have nice hair is definitely not going to happen again.

If a hairstylist takes offense or feels insulted (that is way to personal of an emotion if you are doing this professionally, don't you think so?!) because I wont let them blindly put anything in my hair and 'trust' them instead of being a true professional and able to discuss with me what they will use and hear my educated thoughts, then I ratter not be their client!

I want to come prepared to my next hairstylist and able to discuss what I found online and see what she/he said. Being educated is not insulting to a professional!

I'm sorry that happened to you but this is a website for advise from hairdresser to hairdresser, not hairdresser to client.

I, like most hairdressers I know, put a lot of time, effort and emotion into our jobs. We worry about clients that have a colour correction, and get upset when a colour doesn't come out the way we expected, not because we won't get paid, or we might get dismissed, but because we care about the clients and that they are happy with there hair.

Our work is our creation, you invest your trust and money into us and we do our best to make you look fantastic.

I can understand your nervous because of your past experience, but going to a hairdresser and telling them what you think they should do is not going to help. Colouring hair professionally is not something you can learn just by reading the basics on the internet.

Sorry for going on rant over!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I have used other products from Wella Koleston, but I've not used the special blonde before. I have a client next Friday who told me that the colour she usually has is 12/0 from that range and she's a base of 7. I was wondering what the outcome might be, what sort of result I'll get and if any one has any pictures available to share. I've only worked with high-lift tint a few times in the past (as I'm newly qualified) and I want to know what to expect. I also like to know any other info. you have on this brand as I'd like to be in on all the information I need to know, about other colours, strengths of peroxides and such.

Grateful for all your help :)

Hi, new to this forum and seeking some help. I have had so many bad experiences in hair colour at salons and developed a fear so for the fast 4 years I have been doing my own hair and trying to educate myself along the way. Natural hair was 7ish lol 9 years ago plucked courage to go lighter due to age and changes to skin tone. Discovered I have much red pigmentation in my hair that I need to be careful with warm tones and equally got to watch for too much ash. Just moved to wella from XP. I am now quite blonde but feel as though i am pretty grey to front of head, I feel perhads i need a bit of depth and I don't want to go block colour. Just learned about /00 range as previously the 9/1 and 10/1 which only lasted 1 to 2 weeks max. Wondering whether I go to 8 Base and then brighten with highlights rather than trying to add lowlights which wash out pretty quickly. I'd like to freshen up in between roots and highlights but I have not done this before. I go for a cut to hairdressers. Love the pic you showed and this is my desired outcome, colour wise :)

Are you a qualified colourist or interested DIY-er?

Are you a qualified colourist or interested DIY-er?

Hi, I am an enthusiastic DIY'er due to past experiences, rate or hair growth V Cost and desire to keep my hair in best condition I can and use the professional products, and thirst to increase my knowledge.

Hi, I am an enthusiastic DIY'er due to past experiences, rate or hair growth V Cost and desire to keep my hair in best condition I can and use the professional products, and thirst to increase my knowledge.

If you want to increase your knowledge and do your hair yourself then i recommend you train and gain qualifications. Even then though, certain things aren't achievable on your own.

Hello, thanks for your response and I fully agree and respect your views but my current jod does not allow easy the time to take up the evening courseso and I have looked into so many options. I did a couple of other courses during some annual leave to allow me to get the privilege product discout but I can't attend any of the hair courses as I don't have NVQ which I fully appreciate. Catch 22 at present

Hello, thanks for your response and I fully agree and respect your views but my current jod does not allow easy the time to take up the evening courseso and I have looked into so many options. I did a couple of other courses during some annual leave to allow me to get the privilege product discout but I can't attend any of the hair courses as I don't have NVQ which I fully appreciate. Catch 22 at present

Well unfortunately, no matter how enthusiastic, we are not permitted to give chemical advice to DIYers; its against site rules. The only advice we can give you is to find a competent colour technician, make sure you've seen pictures of their work.

Good luck! We're not all bad. Its only a minority.

It has been my experience as Colour technician that if a client tells me how to do my professional job. it is time for the client to find another hairdresser.
Subliminally they are stating that they are not happy with your technical know how. Whilst a client saying that they find the result too light ,dark or warm or cool is acceptable.

Latest posts

Back