What is the Koleston Perfect special blonde range like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophielouise1

Reaction score
I have used other products from Wella Koleston, but I've not used the special blonde before. I have a client next Friday who told me that the colour she usually has is 12/0 from that range and she's a base of 7. I was wondering what the outcome might be, what sort of result I'll get and if any one has any pictures available to share. I've only worked with high-lift tint a few times in the past (as I'm newly qualified) and I want to know what to expect. I also like to know any other info. you have on this brand as I'd like to be in on all the information I need to know, about other colours, strengths of peroxides and such.

Grateful for all your help :)

I have used other products from Wella Koleston, but I've not used the special blonde before. I have a client next Friday who told me that the colour she usually has is 12/0 from that range and she's a base of 7. I was wondering what the outcome might be, what sort of result I'll get and if any one has any pictures available to share. I've only worked with high-lift tint a few times in the past (as I'm newly qualified) and I want to know what to expect. I also like to know any other info. you have on this brand as I'd like to be in on all the information I need to know, about other colours, strengths of peroxides and such.

I adore Wella, I will never switch ranges! :D

12 lines are high-lifts, the 12/0 is very yellowy, I personally go for 12/1. This is the outcome Sienna_Miller_39.jpg

Wella is a great high lift range, but word of caution, do NOT use the 12 line to tone, the ammonia creates too much buffering and WILL burn the client. Toners in wella are the 10 line, 10/1 and 10/8 are great :D

10.16 is my fav toner!! Lovely :)

Love 12/81 its lovely ash blonde even on quite dark hair

can you use the special blonde on previously lightened hair already? like roots and comb through?
Very embarrassed to ask as I trained with wella and I can't for the life of me remember at the moment if I can use it or not! I'm blaming that on being over-worked haha
my client is naturally an 8, she's a 10 currently and has pre-lightener on the ends..
any reply will be very appreciated!
Thanks from an exhausted and apparent amnesiac! <3

Nothing in 12 range can be used on prelightened hair x

You apply to roots, develop and at the back wash apply a bit of warm water and emulsify and leave for 5is or so to refreshed tone.

This is 12/81 on my hair I'm a base 6ish. My roots alway go Warmer, but when this is ready for doing I slightly overlap it. Use silver shampoo once a fortnight

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341862306.486480.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341862306.486480.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 18,065
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341862328.260353.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341862328.260353.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 15,471
i use a lot of 12/11 on base 6 12% developer it gives a lovely natural sunkissed hilight.:p

Note with high lifts to make sure your measurements are perfect-we use scales at work- I have found if the salon is warm (as most are!) they can swell and expand rapidly-try a drop of Moroccan oil to cancel out the expanding. There are some lovely shades have fun experimenting :)

Can the koleston perfect 9/3 be used as toner on bleachef hair? If so wot would the outcome be like?

Hi everyone,

I have a question, I've been using 12/0 for 6 years, I have long hair with a 7 base, my hair is in very good condition. I started getting highlights on the crown a year ago and done it twice so far. Highlights was done with low peroxide bleach and look beautiful in a baby blonde color.

I now feel that my hair is a bit too goldish and would like to move on doing my roots with 12/01, how can I proceed so my hair looks nice? I am afraid m highlights will go greenish. I assume I would have to do my roots, then the last 5 min of developing add 12/01 to the entire hair length to look even. But, what about my highlights? will they turn green/grey? how can I prevent that?

I am not a hairstylist but I need to be sure my stylist do the right thing as I'd like to keep my long hair I work so hard at keeping in good shape.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bit of a strange post as the client has told you she has a 12/0, if you don't know what it looks like you can't have seen it. So how do you know she's a base 7?

Would you just be buying the colour the client had requested? So I'm guessing no skin testing will be done. And it's a brand you are unfamiliar with.

Just resalised a consumer has bumped up a post from 2 years ago!!!

That what consumer queries is for.

You won't get advice on this issue tho, if you lack trust in your hairdresser find a new one.

Hi everyone,

I have a question, I've been using 12/0 for 6 years, I have long hair with a 7 base, my hair is in very good condition. I started getting highlights on the crown a year ago and done it twice so far. Highlights was done with low peroxide bleach and look beautiful in a baby blonde color.

I now feel that my hair is a bit too goldish and would like to move on doing my roots with 12/01, how can I proceed so my hair looks nice? I am afraid m highlights will go greenish. I assume I would have to do my roots, then the last 5 min of developing add 12/01 to the entire hair length to look even. But, what about my highlights? will they turn green/grey? how can I prevent that?

I am not a hairstylist but I need to be sure my stylist do the right thing as I'd like to keep my long hair I work so hard at keeping in good shape.

Thanks in advance for your help!

You should have a bit more faith in your hairdresser!

If someone asked me to do their hair. And told me which colours to use, how long to leave them on for, and that they found this out from other hairdressers, I would feel like they had no confidence in me and be quite upset.

If you want to make sure you get a good hairdresser, look online for reviews, go to the top 3 salons for a consultation in each. Then pick your favourite and get your hair done there.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

You should have a bit more faith in your hairdresser!

If someone asked me to do their hair. And told me which colours to use, how long to leave them on for, and that they found this out from other hairdressers, I would feel like they had no confidence in me and be quite upset.

If you want to make sure you get a good hairdresser, look online for reviews, go to the top 3 salons for a consultation in each. Then pick your favourite and get your hair done there.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Actually, I did once trusted my hairdresser and she burnt my hair, ended up bald and toke 8 years to get my hair back, so I'd like to be educated of what is going into my hair to be sure I don't let that happen again!

I found that hairdresser online with fabulous reviews btw, so being bald and having to wait almost a decade to have nice hair is definitely not going to happen again.

If a hairstylist takes offense or feels insulted (that is way to personal of an emotion if you are doing this professionally, don't you think so?!) because I wont let them blindly put anything in my hair and 'trust' them instead of being a true professional and able to discuss with me what they will use and hear my educated thoughts, then I ratter not be their client!

I want to come prepared to my next hairstylist and able to discuss what I found online and see what she/he said. Being educated is not insulting to a professional!

Just resalised a consumer has bumped up a post from 2 years ago!!!

That what consumer queries is for.

You won't get advice on this issue tho, if you lack trust in your hairdresser find a new one.

Actually, I did once trusted my hairdresser and she burnt my hair, ended up bald and toke 8 years to get my hair back, so I'd like to be educated of what is going into my hair to be sure I don't let that happen again! I am asking for advise, why is that such a big deal? Isn't this site all about discussing such topics?

I wouldnt do your hair if you came and sat in my chair and tried to discuss professional methods that you found on the internet with me.

Technical information is not there for clients to get involved in. A Professional hairdresser would be able to break down the application and technical jargon into consumer friendly terms.

You are not trained in this stuff therefore you can't make and informed decision.

It's like going to get your car fixed but finding out how to do it on the internet then asking the mechanic for a step by step instruction on how he will do his job incase I don't agree.

I get everyone's point and agree, but not all hairdressers are created equally. I know several colleagues that think nothing of throwing lightener with volume 30 and 40 for on scalp applications. It's natural if a client has had a bad experience, they will seek information elsewhere.

Edit, didn't realize it was a bumped question.

Latest posts

Back