What is the lightest spray tan % for pale people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I am very pale and used to have 8% sienna but even that was a little to obvious for me, i prefer very very natural, more like a glow, an even glow.

Can anyone recommend one? Ive not came across any in my time that caters for very pale people or people who just want a very light tan.

Obviously is must be brown and no hint of orange at all, which some people dont mind usually the dark tanners, this is one for spray tan scared people, or like people from the Scottish highlands who never see a blink of sun lol

Tantrick do a 6% or the express tan solutions work well if only left on for a short time. Where are you in East Anglia? I might be able to let you have a bit of one of my lighter solutions to try out

I use the Nouvatan 8% for people who just want "a glow" :) Works great for my clients :) If you find the 8% too dark you can always wash it off a little earlier :) So instead of 8 hours - wash at 6 hours etc :)

I find that if you wash sooner than recommended the tan often doesn't last as long as it should and the color doesn't always vary. It could be a bit hit and miss with the final color. I would get in touch with Collin and ask for a 6% sample there is another solution that does a 5% but cant' remember the name. I am sure someone will remember. I know Baggybear uses the LA Tanning fast tan and leaves it on for an hour or so to get a nice glow. Have a little search on some of her posts, you will find the one where she recommends washing off times for different strengths of color.

Most Spray tan solutions are green based now so the dreaded Orange glow is virtually a thing of the past

Hi - I am also very pale - I have used crazy angel 6% & it really is pale and wears off really well. I have also used Solaris 10% express tan - this gives a really natural glow for the paler client.

i just thought all % would be the same and with m trying the 8% sienna and still wanting lighter i would like to try a 6% maybe.

Yeah i thought about washing early but i was worried it wouldnt have gone though the whole stages of development and as you say doesnt last as long.

Anyone knows the 5% brand??

Another recommendation for 8% Nouvatan. I used to use Sienna X and the 8% was too dark for my red headed clients and daughter. Nouvatan 8% gives a perfect golden glow (even my very fussy daughter uses it although she usually washes it off before full development).

I would recommend trying one of the rapid tans which can be washed off after an hour or more. That way your are totally in control of how much colour you get. I have recently tried the new rapid tan by Suntana and I'd say that while it's probably not suitable for those wanting a darker tan, it's perfect for those of us looking for a light natural looking colour. I have typical Scottish blue white skin and find that anything over 8% is too much for me (I find 8% Suntana lovely on my skin) and about 3 or so hours of the new Rapid gives a lovely natural looking glow. Not as much as when everyone is asking where you've been on holiday but enough to make you happy to bear your legs. And it lasts about a week. It's definitely worth a try xx

I have used Nouvatan 8% a few times now over the past week on newbies and fair skinned ladies (and a gent!) and they have been overjoyed with the glow, nothing too obvious at all xxx

I have several clients that are so light that they actually are a bit transparent! You can clearly see the veins and such!
What i do for them is i use my 8% and add 1/2 ounce of distilled water to 2 1/2 ounces of solution. It just gives them a slight "kiss" of color! I believe this gives me a 4-5% solution. Try this with a friend to see if its satisfactory for your tastes. Hope it works for you!

Glad i found this as i am a pale person i burn easily, but my arms etc tan, but never my legs lol, i did attempt to spray my legs last week, and it did come out well my feet were slightly patchy and too dark but then again i had never seen them tanned before lol and that was an 8%

Our 8% gives a nice "glow" without looking too tanned. Our male clients like this one because it's a nice tone that only slightly tints.

If people want lighter, we can do a finer spray. :)

I use Vani-t Liquid Sun 8% it has NO orange tones and will pick up on the persons undertone. It is also organic and super hydrating so never looks like a fake tan (second skin). I think you can get samples posted to you.

Latest posts

Back