What is the most important thing you have ever learnt from the site??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
What is the best tip you have been given from a geek?
Has it changed the way you work?
Did you thank them and let them know how they have helped you out?
Do you have any tips you would like to pass on to the rest of us that you have found really useful?
Maybe about work or about using the site too.

What is the best tip you have been given from a geek? to put the hole thing out of the form on the back of the form to make it sturdier!! ( thanks angie aka bagpuss)
Has it changed the way you work? yep defo
Did you thank them and let them know how they have helped you out? i think i did , i hope i did, if not thanks angie!!!
Do you have any tips you would like to pass on to the rest of us that you have found really useful? yep!!! always stick the "hole " thing on the back of your form, it makes it sturdier!!! lol ( sorry judy) lol
always always smile, there are others who are much worse off than you !!

fab thread judy!! good to have you back!!:hug:

OMG:eek:

The 'best' tip?

Eeks, that is not a simple answer.

I think the best way I can answer that question is to say that the best tip ever is to keep learning and keep reading and don't stop with the basic education.
On a previous site/forum, I was told my nails were great. Never received helpful critiques.
Then I joined here and OUCH... learned my nails were ummm not the greatest shall we say?
So, the best advice was the "indirect" advice to continue my education.

Never settle. Never stagnate. Keep reaching. Keep learning. Keep reading. Keep setting new goals. Keep trying new things.....

This site has changed everything for me. IN MANY COUNTLESS WAYS!!

]What is the best tip you have been given from a geek?
*it was from geeg when i first joined, and it was just to place zone 3 at the end of zone 2 and not in the gap......it really made the biggest difference and made me progress*
*most definately.....it made me go forward and stop struggling with alot of things*
* i did*
Do you have any tips you would like to pass on to the rest of us that you have found really useful?
*doing your whites in the shape of a v then returning to perfect your smile.....a great one which helped me too*...
Maybe about work or about using the site too.[/QUOTE]

I think one of the most important pieces of advice came to me about posting from Samuel or Gigi not sure, it may have been both.
If you have some advice that you think may be useful post it. Sometimes you won't get a reply, a rep or even an acknowledgement but post it none the less because people will read it and may find it useful in the future.

I always bear this one in mind.

I have asked a few questions since I have joined, some that I thought these geeks will think I am a bit dumb, some questions on a problem with using the site, and some general questions, I have always had a possitive reply, helpfull, and kind, and I have thanked the people involved,

My tip is if you have a problem no matter how small and silly you think it is someone will answer and give you help and advice, so thanks geeks keep it up because without you I would not know where to turn.

Another great one to think about is that we all are passionate about our work and sometimes we have different opinions but it doesn't mean that either is wrong...just different.
I am also a great fan of posting about work and also having a little bit of fun on the site.
I love our little parties and daft threads because they are a break from work and this is how we all get to know each other in a cyber sense.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy after all.
I try to find a happy medium with my posts.

Well...

I think things like "Love our differences" and "Agree to disagree" are great things to remember on forums of any kind, and help keep the peace.
Never Assume. Always ask questions first, if you are uncertain about someone's "message" of their post.

As for nail stuff/advice....

I have one key phrase that is my mantra, sort of.....

"Seek and you shall find. It is always so in life"
I was told this by my loser father, and well, it's the only good/useful thing he ever did for me.
No truer words were ever spoken.

hth's

The most important thing i have learnt from this site and all its members is how wrong i was about the world of salons and staff,
I didn't go into this work until i was in my 30`s , when i was younger i thought that all salons and staff and were bitchy but this site has opened my eyes and i was so pleasantly surprised to find that most of us are not bitchy at all and we all love to help each other out in any way we can,
lets all keep been helpful to each other, it is so refreshing :hug:

I've learnt so much from this site - well from the people on it anyway! - that it's difficult to know what to say. I think the main thing is this -

If you want an answer or some help, ASK for it. You may feel silly asking if it's something you feel you should know, but rest assured that someone somewhere will be wondering exactly the same thing!

Oh yes, and many, many thanks to all the lovely geeks who have taken the time and trouble to answer my (sometimes silly) questions. :hug:

wasnt so much a tip i gave to someone but more like what someone else said to me: when i first came on the site i thought "whats the hoohaa with creative then, as i used opi at the time" the answer i got was, "try the "try me kit and find out" i did and aint looked back, and i love the person that told me this, we are now friends to this day, and i love her to bits ( she knows who she is, and i aint gonna say nowt)

I have learnt so many things from the Geeks on this site, it's hard to put your finger on the most important.
I know one thing for sure, no matter how silly you think your problem is, there is always someone willing to help you out.
There are also Geeks that are extra special, they will go that extra mile to help you out when your struggling with something without even asking them. Even when they are busy and have alot of things going on in there own life. (You know who you are)

All in all, I have learnt there are some great people here, willing and able to help you.

Have been thinking about how to answer this Judy, tbh, I cannot say outright the one tip that I have been given, there are so many. I'm learning all the time, not always from asking a direct question but from reading through all the posts too.

I have had so much help and in fact Judy I think it was you who gave me EzFlow's tel no when I asked about the EzFlow educators, I have never looked back and have learnt so much from them. If I never thanked you( I hope I did ), I am now. :hug:

Blimey, there are so many things I either learnt or perfected by learning from here..... Things like pre-blending tips or tailoring forms..... I wouldn't have made the change to a bigger brush without being able to weight up advice first, and I got that here......

One of the most valuable parts of the site to me is the gallery - this gave me the chance to see how I wanted my nails to look (in shape and form) and try and replicate that myself.....

The tip I'd most like to pass on? Treat every client as an individual and tailor your service to them - don't churn out the same McNails day in and day out, be different and clients will love you for it......

hth's

There are so many tips that I have been given by so many kind geeks that I would be afraid to start listing them in case I missed someone out. I always say thank you.

Another thing I have learned is when to keep my BIG MOUTH SHUT which is quite an achievement I can tell you.

I have also discovered through my virtual parties that there are plenty of people as mad as me:lol:

What is the best tip you have been given from a geek?
Hi Judy,the best tip I was given from a geek was to pre- blend,Sassy showed me this and it helped enormously,yes I did thank her and gave her some choccies for her time and efforts.

I pass on any tips to fellow geeks when they ask for help in the forums,usually beauty as I dont do enhancements very often and still dont feel experienced enough to give good advice.I expect I have gone backwards even more now with nail enhancements given that I havn't done any for 9 weeks(broken arm)and have a further 5 weeks off work....at least.

Anyway,I am amazed at how many geeks go out of their way to help,and always,always thank them for their efforts.:hug:

I have learned an amazing amount here, without this site I genuinely would have made many many expensive mistakes and potentially wrecked my business before it started.

I hope I have thanked all the contributors who have specifically helped me.

However a MASSIVE THANKS to anyone I may have missed:hug:

This site has heled me sooooooooo much, i am fairly new to the site and found it by mistake really, i find the site very helpful with being mobile sometimes u feel cut off from the salon world and feel like u are being left behind, (in terms of new stuff ect) i feel like this site keeps me upto date with the new things that are out and whats hot and whats not,

it has been mentioned before but the gallery is fab, gives u ideas for new designs, and what standards should be.

I also think in terms of tips, every thread i read i pick up somthing new, a way of doing something thats different to your way but what makes u go back and try something new. always learning is always a good thing.

I LOVE IT, IM ADDICTED, THANK YOU FELLOW GEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:

I have learned an amazing amount here, without this site I genuinely would have made many many expensive mistakes and potentially wrecked my business before it started.

I hope I have thanked all the contributors who have specifically helped me.

However a MASSIVE THANKS to anyone I may have missed:hug:

Brilliantly put and I couldn't agree more. The site has also taught me never to give up and the help I've got from various posts has helped my nails come along enormously. All the tips on building a business have been really helpful too. I do hope I've thanked everyone!

On a personal note, I have received lots of support through the journals and have realised there are a lot of people in the same boat and some who have things much, much tougher. It astounds me that I can feel so close to people I've never met. You've made me laugh when I wanted to cry and bouyed me up when I felt I was going under. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and the heart of my bottom! :lol::hug:

I also would have a problem naming one tip, I've had so many. What have I gained from this site? Friendship, good advise and a whole new world thats always buzzing with ideas.
Geeks are special:hug:

Latest posts

Back