What is this amazing wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieLash

Reaction score
I am trained in waxing, I only offer strip waxing but a few of my new clients have mentioned a hot wax that they have had used on their bikini line. They have said that it is so much less painful than any other wax they have had before. They both said it was def a hot wax but can give me no more details.
Sorry to be so vague but does anyone know what this could be?

I am trained in waxing, I only offer strip waxing but a few of my new clients have mentioned a hot wax that they have had used on their bikini line. They have said that it is so much less painful than any other wax they have had before. They both said it was def a hot wax but can give me no more details.
Sorry to be so vague but does anyone know what this could be?

Where did they go and find out from the salon what they use.Its most likely to be a non strip flexible hot wax of which there are quite a few nowadays.Not being rude but where have you been so much about these waxes on here.

Did they say what colour it was?

I had a look in the search threads but couldn't find anything. The salons they went to were not in my area as they were both new to my town.
I think she said it was a rose or honey colour?
I didn't really pay much attention until the second lady starting talking about it but again she was very vague.

In response to Gillian w
- I really don't do much waxing, not much of a call for it in my area and I work from my home salon so most people in my town seem to go to "professional salons"
So I mostly do the odd leg wax and have stuck with strip waxing. So I haven't really looked at waxing threads but anything I can offer my clients to make their waxing less painful then I'm interested.

There are so many non strip waxes on the market now it is almost impossible to say which one your clients have experienced.

I would suggest a bit of training if you haven't used these waxes before my darling as they are a little different to use. Most trainers will do a few hours with you so that you can get used to the new wax if you already have a certificate in waxing. :wink2:

I had a look in the search threads but couldn't find anything. The salons they went to were not in my area as they were both new to my town.
I think she said it was a rose or honey colour?
I didn't really pay much attention until the second lady starting talking about it but again she was very vague.
Rose or honey??? They're totally different. Lol

Well I'm gonna say what most people are thinking and that is that it sounds like Perron Rigot. They have Escential Rose, Eurose and Euroblonde which all sound as though they fit the bill. They are non strip waxes though and that's why it's fab on bikini lines.

Google Perron Rigot's website or search on here.

Hot wax is nothing new. I was trained on hot was in the same course as my strip wax. Its bassicaly a wax that is applied in a thick patch. Its aplied in the apposite direction of the hair growth and pulled of in the same direction as the hair growth. You apply the wax a lot thicker than strip wax but you form a ptach with the wax and then pull it of using the wax itself. Its specially designed for your tougher hairgrowth like bikini and underarms. It doesn't hurt that much because it only pulls out the hair without pulling the skin. Its not sticky at all. Its awesome. Just google hotwax to see video tutorials on how it looks etc.

Lycon - Perron Rigot - Outback Organics

Hot wax - Hard wax - Non strip - Peelable (different names for same kind of wax)

There are several 'new generation' hot waxes out there by several brands that are far more advanced than the old fashioned hot/hard waxes. They look the same until you remove them.

Thanks for all responses - I trained in hot wax too but as most of my waxes are just leg waxes I stuck to strip waxing for time efficiency.
I shall have a look at those waxes suggested so many thanks again every one xx

Hot wax is nothing new. I was trained on hot was in the same course as my strip wax. Its bassicaly a wax that is applied in a thick patch. Its aplied in the apposite direction of the hair growth and pulled of in the same direction as the hair growth. You apply the wax a lot thicker than strip wax but you form a ptach with the wax and then pull it of using the wax itself. Its specially designed for your tougher hairgrowth like bikini and underarms. It doesn't hurt that much because it only pulls out the hair without pulling the skin. Its not sticky at all. Its awesome. Just google hotwax to see video tutorials on how it looks etc.

I use Perron rigot and use it like strip wax from a directional point of view !! Apply with and remove against . I think it depends what wax you use tbh. got to say much prefer hot wax though ! Xx

My view on the same questions that keep coming up?

Our business needs to sharpen up on wax training. A standard basic should be brought in.

I have had a few beauty juniors who their college tutors say hot wax is rubbish etc and old fashioned. I have almost had a stand up row with one of them over their naive comments to new people coming into the business.

These comments made me go into training myself as I was appalled by the sub standard training that is available in our industry. Does anybody feel like I do?

I think a lot of us would agree with you but that is a whole other thread ha ha ha:wink2:

Latest posts

Back