What is this-please help me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishes

Reaction score
I noticed this white mark a couple of weeks ago when I last did my shellac. Today I have taken the shellac off to have a look and eeeeeeek!! Can someone help me please what is this ? Is it fungus? It looks like the nail is disintegrating at the base :eek: I have not had a trauma to the nail bed. I do wear shellac nearly all the time. Any advice please and how to deal with what it is. Thank you thank you. :hug:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 471
I'd go to a GP to get checked out properly. If it's an infection they should be able to give you some antibiotics.

As above, and they may ask to do a clipping, so it could be sent for analysis. Definitely see your Nurse Practitioner or your G. P.

This is an incredibly unhealthy nail plate!! I assume this is yours and not a clients!

There are many possibilities but there isn't enough information to even suggest any answer!

I would go and ask gp for them to clip a bit off and send to the lab to test for infection.
How long ago did you first notice this??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Noticed it about 3 weeks ago. It doesn't hurt and my other nails look fine! I have no idea why it would be like this. :sad:

Latest posts

Back