What is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So I did my nails last night and today this is what I see! Almost on all my nails on my left hand?!

These are LCN gel nails done with tips...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337961095.124290.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337961095.124290.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 742
Looks to me that theres lifting just under smile line? Unless its glue, showing through clear gel?

Honestly I'm not sure that it is lifting? I can wiggle my nail and it doesn't spread or budge. Maybe it's just stress because I made the tip too thin... No idea. In the year I've been doing nails I've never seen this.

I am thinking maybe it's because I did one hand and then a thin later of gel after prep and then went to cook supper...

I can not see very clearly. Can be tips, can be burnt. Burnt nailbed gets white as I remember - have you felt bad heat spike?

In my opinion it looks to me like adhesive on the nail plate

cyanoacrylate based adhesives will leave a white mark where they have been spread and not cleaned off properly..

No heat spike whatsoever ever! I'm thinking it may be glue as well. Thanks for the help geeks!

maybe its the brand of gel, or have you been using it for a long time?

In my opinion it looks to me like adhesive on the nail plate

cyanoacrylate based adhesives will leave a white mark where they have been spread and not cleaned off properly..

How do you know all that?!

Doug is amazing google him or Facebook xxx

Doug is The Man!!! :)
Vicki x

How do you know all that?!

I was very good with chemistry before learning nails

But thanks to CND training and working with the likes of Doug schoon I soon learned to love the science behind the nail industry

Dou schoons book nail structure and product chemistry (2nd edition) is a must have - must read for every nail tech

Hths

Latest posts

Back