What is wrong with my brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iv had one for about a year then one since march and the other recently. I shall buy another one before contacting Nsi *weep xx

When I trained with young nails and we got our brushes we were taught to get our orange stick and break up the brisels before putting it into the monomer, they say its something the factory spray on the brush hairs to keep them in place, if u don't follow this procedure ur brush will eventually end up puffed up! Hope that helps x

I have always used NSI brushes and the current NSI Precision I am using, I have used for nearly 2 years (I have 2 spare ones on hand that are brand new).

Yes, NSI sell a brush cleaner but I have never used it, I only ever use clean monomer to clean my brush and always gently shape it back into a point when finished and always store it with the brush end facing down.
That's all I do, have ever done and will continue to do and I have never had to get a new brush because it's gone yuck. I usually have to get a new one because it vanishes somehow.

I use the NSI desk mats (they are the same as dental bibs I suppose) but I try not to wipe my brush while performing a service, I use the mat at the end when cleaning my brush out and re-shaping it.

I would say, the use of a brush cleaner, hot water and the acetone have all caused your brush to go yuck.
Once acetone has touched a brush, in my opinion, you may as well throw the brush away cause it will never perform like it should again.

The precision brushes are one of the best in my opinion, so I can't see it being the brush as the problem.

Last edited:
I haven't used acetone on my brush. Just water and brush cleaner, I understand what everyone is saying and I'm not saying its not My fault but at Nsi I was told to use brush cleaner to clean my brush, so I'm only doing what I'm told. Hmmm confused xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi Lauren, as Beauty Sarah says we were told to prep our brushes at first use, did you do this? Xx

I shampoo and condition all my brushes before use, you must let them dry before use though

Hi Lauren, as Beauty Sarah says we were told to prep our brushes at first use, did you do this? Xx

Good point, I didn't think about this step and this could be the problem if this step was missed or not done correctly.

I haven't used acetone on my brush. Just water and brush cleaner, I understand what everyone is saying and I'm not saying its not My fault but at Nsi I was told to use brush cleaner to clean my brush, so I'm only doing what I'm told. Hmmm confused xx

I know it gets confusing at times like this and I understand that you are only doing what you were told.

My advise is, go get yourself a new NSI Precision brush, then go check out Nailzoo's You tube video list and in there I'm pretty sure Carl has a video on how to prep your brush when it's brand new, follow this and then after this don't use anything else to clean your brush but clean monomer at the end of each service, make sure you shape it back into the point and store it either laying flat or like I said, I prefer the hang it brush down method but each to their own:)
I just use a bit of Blue Tak on the side of my jar that holds other nail art brushes and I put the lid on, turn the brush facing down and push the metal lid part onto the Blue Tak and Bob's your uncle:)

I just want to say I'm sure Carl (Nailzoo) will let you know if I'm wrong and this video is no longer on his video list or not but if it is, it's well worth watching.

I second that point of never using anything but clean monomer to clean your brush. Don't use brush cleaner Xx

Thanks guys will try again xxx

Latest posts

Back