What is your answer phone message?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkymanda

Reaction score
I went to a marketing seminar yesterday and he was talking about getting your answer phone to work harder for you......??? He was very vague to what exactly he was going on about as he wanted you to buy his marketing kit which cost over £1000!!!!!

Does anyone know what he is talking about?

What does your answer phone message say?

Thanks
Amanda xxx

www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

Its always an unmissable opportunity from a marketing point of view to have the right answering machine message - after all its free!! and its just as important as a website or a logo - it is part of your whole 'shop window'.

For example when a client calls out of hours - they are probably a new client as they dont know your opening times - great opportunity to tell them how fantastic you are, and what a great decision they have made calling you.

It should of course not be too long winded, but just enough to get your message across without the client even knowing about it. It should definately not be so long that it inconveniences the clients time.

A really quick improvement for example would be- INSTEAD of this;
'Hi, sorry we cant take your call at the moment, please leave your message after the tone'
You could have this;
'Hi, you've reached funkyfingertips nail salon, all things fabulous for fingers and toes. We are busy making our clients look and feel fabulous at the moment so we're sorry we cant take your call. Please leave your name and number and we will call you back to book an appointment with us here at funkyfingertips nail salon, on the High Street here in Brighton?, we look forward to talking to you soon.'

Obviously I dont advise stealing other peoples trademarks ('all things fabulous for fingers and toes' -sorry Creative), but you get the gist. Its an opportunity to get a message to your client - so make the most of it, is my advice. x:wink2:

Who would by that

Mine says I am sorry I am currently in treatment if yould like an appointment please leave a message alternativly you can text ************

I also have a texting service and i have to say my clients love this.

I hate long drawn out voicemail messages. Mine says: "Sorry I cannot take your call right now, please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as possible. Thank you."

I hate long drawn out voicemail messages. Mine says: "Sorry I cannot take your call right now, please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as possible. Thank you."

ditto ! although that said i did like how jax worded it.

If whoever rings me doesnt leave a message .....tough !!!

I find most peeps do with no probs.

Mine says:

Thanks for calling "business name". Unfortunately I can't take your call at the moment, but please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible.

Marlise

Its always an unmissable opportunity from a marketing point of view to have the right answering machine message - after all its free!! and its just as important as a website or a logo - it is part of your whole 'shop window'.

Thanks girls for your opinions.

Jax - I think that's what he was getting at, about a missed opportunity! I suppose if you think about it, when you call a supplier the message tells you about there latest offer and ask the rep, before you get through to someone.

Just not sure how to word it without being too lengthy as I don't know about anyone else but my clients hate leaving messages and more offen than not when I do get to speak to them they sort of tell you off "i've been trying to get hold of you all morning and your answer phone keeps coming on" I do explain that the answerphone message does say the unfortunately I am in a treatment but please leave your number and I will call you as soon as I can..... what more can you say!!!

Amanda xxx

www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

Mine says "Thanks for calling "business name" for professional acrylic and gel nails. Sorry I can't take your call at the moment, but if you leave your name, number and any message, I will get back to you as soon as I'm free."

read this thread and though oops, thats something i'd forgotten to do so it now says, 'Hello, you've reached Esther at L'Art de Beaute, i'm sorry i'm not available to take your call, but if you'd like to leave your name telephone number and a short message i will get back to you as soon as I can, thank you'. .....looks really long winded written down but i think it sound ok. x.

Latest posts

Back