What is your favorite service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My favorite service to perform is...

• Artificial enhancement

Votes: 280 61.1%
  • Pedicure

Votes: 76 16.6%
  • Manicure

Votes: 76 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 26 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to say enhancements are for me, just taking my pedi exams at college and i have to say feet are not for me !!!!!

caroline

How come? I use to hate feet... but now I have to say I quite enjoy SpaPedi's.

I guess at heart I'm a L&P guy though!

The Nail Geek said:
How come? I use to hate feet... but now I have to say I quite enjoy SpaPedi's.

I guess at heart I'm a L&P guy though!

I have a foot phobia. I truly find most feet completely and utterely repulsive. I think most feet are really ugly too. Long old hairy toes and stuff........GAKKKKKKKK!!!!!! LOL

And early on my newbie days, in the first salon I was at, we had a tech named Renee. She was doing a pedi on an older client and she came out of the pedi area, literally gagging and her eyes were watering. She said her feet were so disgusting and she didn't think she was going to be able to finish the service! (Hey Sam...where's the "puke" emoticon when you need it! :?: :?: ) I was pretty sure I wasn't going to EVER do a pedicure before that and I was positive it would never happen after that.

So there's the jist of why I don't do feet. I'd much rather clean my horses tootsies with my bare hands ;)

Lexuspilot

Reaction score
Just wondering...what is your favorite service to perform and why?

I'm a fan of art. enhancements myself; preferably L&P sculpts. I DO NOT do pedi's and pretty much detest manicures too. I did WAY too many in school. Geez, you'd think I'd be over it after 10+years...... ;)

Patti

I like doing pedicures, but like doing enhancements more because I'm lazy LOL LOL. Less mess to clean up with nails. No footbaths, no 1 million towels, no callouses to grind he he he.
Call me shallow ;)

:( When I was in school, I was watching one of the girls teach us to pedi's, and she was useing a callus scrapper and I could feel my stomach just turn.. I was like "NO WAY" after that!!! :rolleyes:

Am I the only person who doesnt mind feet?Maybe its because my first insight into doin' nails was from the Chiropody course I went on ...and never completed :oops: (no I dont like feet that much)We used to work on old dears mainly and I have to say that most of them had let their feet get in a right sorry state.I suppose it wasnt their faults because some were'nt mobile enough to reach them so us poor students would be going into a sometimes unknown territory.Kind of makes you standard Pedi seem a breeze!!

I don't mind feet all the time, I do my own and I'll do my mom's , my DH's if he let me and my girlfriends, I guess it's just a thing with strangers... I'm not real sure :oops:

I'd rather do nails though, more enjoyable :D
I can't want for my daughter to be old enough to do her up (6mths old)

I'm an Avon Rep and I also love doing make-up...I'll be hopefully doubling my buisness once I get my license back :rolleyes:

Jamie :)

... when you think about it, feet tend to be cleaner than hands; we shower, dry off, put feet into clean stockings, tights (hose), socks what ever and then shoes! (I know that's not true of everyone but hopefully it's true in the main) :hit:
Hands are exposed to all kinds of grubby things; so many people don't wash their hands often enough (or when they're supposed to - if you get my drift) and yet we consider hands to be 'cleaner' or more acceptable to do.... just a thought :?
By the way I LOVE having a Spa Pedicure purely because I find it sooo relaxing! ;)

:rolleyes: Well guys for me it has to be Silk Extensions. I get a buzz every time someone with stubby thingy's comes in the shop and then walks out the door with a million dollar smile and beautifull nails, and it's all down to me. 8)
You just cant beat that feeling, that you have made such a difference to someones appearence. Maybe it's just me, but I think every set of extensions is a little bit of art work walking the streets of London and will be seen by hundreds. Better then having a picture hanging in an art gallery me thinks.
Love Ruth x :D x

Ruth - you are a star - I think it is so cool what you wrote about feet being a piece of art.... you are right and today I had a spa ped to die for with our new 'Cup Cake Queen Collection'. My big toes look awsome!! :D You are so right... when someone walks out with such a huge difference to their image, you yourself feel like a star - isn't that what it's all about??? :?: :frust:

I guess I would have to say nail enhancements. The look on their face when they come in with broken yucky nails and leave with a gorgeous set of P&W acrylics ..ahhhhhh money can't buy the feeling I get when a customer is satisfied! :p

i LOVE doing feet!!! I even got a spa bath for christmas to help get more active with feet. Iv got quite a lot of foot products i got love doing feet. When I was very young, I always wanted to be a chiropidist...but abanded that idea and had my heart set on being a teacher...but my love of nails took over.

I got int feet...i guess last summer...after wearing *stupidly* 4 inch sandals to college everyday...and my feet were KILLING me. Didnt help that we used to escape to the local park every free lesson and lunch time where Id run around bare foot :rolleyes: My feet hurt so much I started giving myself foot soaks and massages and realised how much I enjoyed doing it and enjoyed recieving the pleasure from it. So I got som foot products and now I do quite a few people's feet; mum etc. I did my boyfriends feet a while ago and he fell asleep in the chair cos he was so relaxed! LOL!

I also love painting nail art on my big toes...the nails have a nice wide base so i can fit good designs on 'em :)

Theres nothing quite like a good relaxing foot pampering after 8 hours of standing on my feet all day at work!! Eshk!!

Excuse my rambling on there ;)

:D
I would have to say my favorite service to perform on a client is a spa manicure. The oohs and ahhs when the wonderful aromas combined with moist steamy towels make my job worthwhile.

I also like to do spa pedicures. Most people's feet, as Mrs. Geek said, are cleaner than their hands..........................................
besides, you can't pick your *>* with your toes.................
Sherry

Sherry Hubbard said:
:D Most people's feet, as Mrs. Geek said, are cleaner than their hands..........................................
besides, you can't pick your *>* with your toes.................
Sherry

:D :D :) Hysterical :D :p

I have to say enhancements get the big #1 for me, with feet in a very close second! :D

There's two reasons I chose enhancements #1 ... first for the artistry. Like Ange, I love to take poor, sad, sorry little nothings and turn them into works of art. But most of all I love watching their whole attitude change in front of me. From walking in, apoligizing and hiding their hands, to becoming very outgoing, expressive and talking with their hands as they leave ... gives me warm fuzzies (don't see a warm, fuzzy emoticon Geek ... what's up?)

Now, my love for feet goes way back to a small town, when I was about three :shock: .... wait, wait, wrong story :D
I've been fortunate to never of had a bad foot experience. I think being a guy might of had something to do with it, I'm not easily grossed out. I don't know if it's because I'm a guy (have I made that clear yet) or 'cause I charged a high prices for my services (nail services ... dirty minds :twisted: ) but most of my pedicures were women who received them regularly so their feet always looked nice and a lot of the time they looked pre-pedied :shock:

"At the end of the day"(Sam) our feet are probably the most abused part of our bodies (unless of course you're in the adult entertainment industry :oops: ) and I enjoy giving them care and pampering. And after a couple of celebs asked if they could take me home after a pedi ... I'm hooked for life! :D

My first would be enhancements, but I would rather do a pedicure than a manicure. Of course there are icky feet out there but I mostly have return clients and I know it has only been 4 weeks since they had a pedicure.

I really like when someone comes in and needs a pedicure. Now I do not mean needs as in "dancing hula barefoot for 10 years on lava rock" not that kind. But I have done a pedi where the lady's feet looked perfect before I started...that is not fulfilling to me..lol

I love it when their feet look beautiful after I am done. And it feels so good to get a pedi, I like to know that I have made someones feet feel that good.

I only threw up once after a pedi. Totally serious, I will not even tell you how bad it was because I do not want to make Patti sick..lol So compared to that one...most feet look great to me.

Christie's Nails said:
I only threw up once after a pedi. Totally serious, I will not even tell you how bad it was because I do not want to make Patti sick..lol So compared to that one...most feet look great to me.

I can ONLY imagine, Christie. I've seen some nasty feet just by observation in my daily life's goings'-on....I could NOT fathom the thought of people sticking "those" brand of nasty-nasties in my face
9.gif

I shudder at the thought...

LOL

I absolutely LOVE doing nail art. Would prefer to do it more than anything, but love doing any of the rest too, but any art is my number 1 thing to do, and have clients that come in for nothing else but that! Love nails! Found my niche in life!!!! :fire:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back