What is your prefered system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what type of system do you use?

• Gel?

Votes: 173 28.9%
  • Silk?

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • Fibreglass?

Votes: 17 2.8%
  • Acrylic?

Votes: 395 65.9%

• Total voters
EVERY system is Acrylic so I presume you mean Liquid and Powder?? Miss A.

I am also a biter and a picker ... so imagine how surprised I was when I started testing the Fabric# system and found that I did much better than when wearing Liquid and Powder ... and this is after 18 years of wearing Liquid and Powder on my nails.

I didn't pick at the product ... well I tried, but I could not find or make an edge anywhere to pick at. My nails grew out under the overlay ... probably for the first time ever, and I didn't break them (I also did not break my L&P nails very often but I thought Fabric# would be weaker than L&P) because the product was so strong!!

So don't mistakenly think it is only L&P that is strong enough for nail biter's nails because Fabric# has blown a hole in that theory.

I use Acrylic, gel and calgel....

I trained in CND L&P which I love :D . I done a connversion in Calgel, which I didn't :rolleyes: - but I liked working with gel, so I changed to Akzents, which I also love :D . So it's really hard 4 me 2 pic a fav - not only coz I love 'em both, but also coz I sculpt with 'em both (only to tip & o/lay upon client requests).

Now, if you were to ask which systam I use most often...? Gel's def the answer. I'm only one of 2 gel techs in the town, so have an edge (I'm also one of the few techs who choose to sculpt). My most popular service is "perm polish" -nat nail o/lay to us in the know ;) .

For some reason my clients always go for gel over l&p - although I don't "sell" one system over another - they've mostly had bad experiences from l&p nails (maybe down to a bad tech, or the fact that no matter how many time you tell them NOT to pull off enhancements - the still blooming do it!!!!) so they try the gel.
My l&p clients love their l&p's :biggrin:
My gel clients love their gel's :biggrin:

What else can I say???? :o

I am currently using Star Nails L&P which i have decided to stick with for my diploma, but i really want to do the fibre glass as it does look so natural and i know alot of people who love it client wise.

i'm not a lover of gels personally but you can't like them all!!

Have to say the fibre glass is alot stronger now than alot of people think, i did try it myself years ago, (had it done in a salon.) and wasn't impressed. It put me off but later found out the tech that done it was very new and just hadn't had alot of practise but unfortunately she put me off as i ended up with Beaus lines due to over buffing!!

Had it done since and loved it!!!

:cool:

Gels and only due to client requests most of my clients are office ladies so prefer shorter lengths..usually quicker for me to do a quality gel overlay...and just to add I also include fiber and silk with my gel overlays I havent used resin in quite some time...

BK...

BKnOki said:
Gels and only due to client requests most of my clients are office ladies so prefer shorter lengths..usually quicker for me to do a quality gel overlay...and just to add I also include fiber and silk with my gel overlays I havent used resin in quite some time...

BK...
Hi there to you in Japan,
Well it is nice to see this site expanding so far into the world.
Which Gel systems are available in Japan?
I have used the Fibreglass and Gel method too and found it brill, for clients that are extra hard on their nail.....

nailmania said:
What type of system does everyone prefer to use?
I find that most of my clients like acrylic which is what i tend to stick with! Although i would love find a soak off gel and convert them all (I prefer the look of Gel)....Any (uncomplicated) advise on gels would be appreciated!
transparent...

hi

I use two types of gel a buff off and a soft soak off, then of course my fave of the moment my L+P, we also have fabric but dont get many requests for it.

I'm new to Gels can you offer some advice please. I've been playing around on friends and family to start with and so far all has gone well however they have found that the ends chip after a few days can you give me some tips on how to stop this and how to make them abit stronger?

Lynnette

You`re new to the board too I see Lynette so welcome..........
Are you having problems with the gel lifting off the natural nail or a tip?
A thorough prep of the nail, making sure you take the shine off the tip before putting on the gel and capping the edges should all help to eliminate the product coming off the edge.
As for it being strong, what system are you using?
If you`re following the manufacturers application method, it should be strong enough but sometimes you need the strength in the stress area which I feel you can`t get with a 1 component gel that you can`t build with. If you can build a nice apex with your gel then it should be strong enough

I am i'm a newbe :D

I was trained in fibreglass and although my teacher thoroughly recommended it i found that it was taking way to long and people with shorter nails well it was difficult. So I cheated and went and had my nails done by a nail tech that did gel and watched everything she did.

I have Protech UV all inone UV Gel at the moment but I do everything prior to applying the gell but it always seems to chip at the edges so i wondered if i should be applying anything over the gel maybe a topcoat? Do you recommend another gel?

Lynnette

hi

welcome to the board, if your gel is chipping at the ends make sure that

1 you take the shine off your tip
2 you slightly overlap the free edge we call it capping.

Thank you again I'll do that and let you know.

This board really is cool :biggrin:

Lynnette
x

Sorry peeps! Can't say as I can sit with the acrylic-lovers OR the gel converts - I'm a fibreglass girl for extensions!! ;)

I'll do some acrylic powder dip extensions (mixture of resin and acrylic technology), mainly for French White Sets, but my China Silk Natural Nail Wraps are the main thing I'm loved by my clients for! :lol:

G. x

I have been a master of l&p enhancements, mainly OPI, and Tammy Taylor. Recently, I have taken steps to convert to Creative Products. I love Retention+, I tried it and felt that it was quite easy to work with. I have never used Gels, and that is also going to change this year! LOL! I am signing up for a Brisa class this Fall. Fiberglass is ok, I haven't mastered it because I am still looking for a great system. I was thinking of trying EZ flow's wrap system, and I would love to get my hands on the Fabric# system, and some More Than White, but don't know if it can be sent to me here in the U.S.......??
In the past, I've worked places where all I did was enhancements, and nail art. But where I work now, we only do natural nail services (mani/pedi, spa, paraffin, aromatherapy,chocolate, etc,.) And I've actually become spoiled not having to do full sets, and all that work...LOL....so I'm taking this time to try new systems, and perfect my techniques so that when I open my salon later this year, I'll be set and ready!!

At the moment...l&p...do use gel but mostly l&p as not many in my area have even heard of gels...although I do explain to clients that they can have gels nails and what the differences are between gels and sculptures....

At present just about to complete Grand Masters which is Gel. OK ! After lots of years with Acrylic I truely believe that the clients will deciede. To a certain degree they are starting to realize the diff. We just need to be able to accommodate them. Gel or Acrylic bottom line You still have to know what your'e doing otherwise how does the product. jnail AUSTRALIA.

Has to be acrylic for me...
i initially trained in gels but retrained with Creative and seem to manage much better with acrylic. acrylic is so versatile that i dont feel i need any other system.

kirsten x

has to be fibreglass for me..........

light, weightless and extremely natural looking.

i must admit i have never tried l&p but i am interested in doing so. i just love the look of the 3d nail art. however, the l&p nails that i have seen always seems to be quite thick in appearance. also i'm not keen on the bump during the re-growth.

the only gel i have tried is Bio Sculpture. this has pretty much put me off the gel. its fab to apply but its just so super dooper sensitive.

I love acrylic and gel equally but I suppose I have to say acrylic because I find it more of a challenge. I love how it looks when it goes well.

My clients are sill scared of gel because they all believe it isn't as strong as acrylic. Brisa gel is strong, but my only complaint is the fear of damaging somebodies nail plate when buffing off. After reading an article suggesting leaving a layer on and letting it grow out, I was a bit dubious. Anyway, not had anyone asking for it all to be taken off yet! and I do tell them that it doesn't soak off and give them the risks.

Better to be honest I say. (waffle, waffle, waffle)

Latest posts

Back