What is your prefered system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what type of system do you use?

• Gel?

Votes: 173 28.9%
  • Silk?

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • Fibreglass?

Votes: 17 2.8%
  • Acrylic?

Votes: 395 65.9%

• Total voters
Bio sculpture Gel for me.....no lifting.....nice and glossy....easy to soak off......dont get a great deal of call for Acrylic in my area.....BUT hopefully..intend to push it a bit more when i do my conversion to CREATIVE in Jan.

CANT WAIT to try Fabric !

Where do you get your "Nails of Excellence" Range. Is it a name of a website or product?
Sherry

acrylic for me too, tried with gel but can't get on with it too well, but then again i didn't get on with acrylic at first, i will try harder this year to make friends with gel.

:cool: Cesars Secrets Liquid and Powder is my preferred system and more importantly my clients love the nails I make with it.

l&p for me although, Brisa is also fun to use and has avery beautiful finish! (specially when encapsulating rhinestones,dried flowers and things) great on toes toooooooo!!

i think l+p because its strong yet flexible and durable, easy to use and there is a lot of varities such as colours and glitters, and easier to remove than most gel systems i have seen. We use creative for the naturals and china whites and ez flow for the glitters and coloured powders.Its easy to use for creating encapsulated designs be it with the acrylic, gems, nail art under the acrylic or those tiny dried flowers.

And most of our clients prefer it.:)

GEL all the way!! Ive used a few different gels, Bio sculpture, nail solutions calcium gel, IBD, and recently ive tried Faze gel.

I just love gel, it doesnt smell and there is way less dust (I HATE DUST!!!) because i can apply it pretty much perfectly so less buffing is needed.
Out of all of them though, id say IBD has to be the best. followed by nail solutions. They are strong and flexible and clients like the finish! IBD is great to work with!

I have had alot of clients switch from acrylic (at another salon) to gel with me, and they all now have perfect nails. Most of them have permanent french, cuz it looks great and they dont have to worry about them then. They come back every 3-4 weeks for infills and their nails are still in perfect condition (as long as they use their solar oil everyday!!)!! :biggrin:

I used to use EZflow acrylic at Nails inc. which was ok, one of the only ones i could get on with, Ive trained with oddysey and hate it. its always full of flaws and air bubbles, and i just cant work out why. clean brush, not overworking, no dust, GRRR! waste of £400 quid!!

ive also recently tried the new IBD acrylic, and i think with a bit of practise i could get on with it. its nice to work with, so im gonna get some money together and go on the course for it.

I love Acrylic, just mastering the 'sculpt with your brush not your file' was my biggest hurdle!

I have a friends who owns a Nail Bar (I have a Hair and Beauty Salon) and she says when you can create the perfect smile line its time to retire!!!

Lisa Gxx

l and p for me but at the mo thats all i know !!! might do fabric soon but gel don't interest me I'm afraid ....

I use L & P mostly on clients. I use gel on myself as it is one that needs to be soaked off, so it doesn't get damaged when doing other peoples nails :| (if you know what I mean!) And i used Fabric on certain clients who don't like L & P. They are all good systems. :lick: Jules

i agree, id say exactly the same as you

ruthie said:
I seem to be the only one who can't decide - this is prob because I am not expert at any one yet - I can do decent sets with all but not yet fabulous. I seem to get all buzzy about acrylics and then rediscover gel and then someone goes and brings out fabric and i'm off again - - - what's a girl to do???

l & P for me im doing my ezflow conversion to gel and finding it very hard!!!! but am dertimend to master them!!!!! xxxx

I am a lover of all the systems wouldn’t be without any of them but if I had to choose I would go for Liquid and Powder, and Gel they rock !!!

My main issue with gels when I started to use them was I treated them the same a liquid and powder system , in reality the application method is very different and now wouldn’t be without them!

GEL AND ACRYLIC FOR ME

Derry

Got to be L&P for me!!!:)

Acrylic for me i love it xx

oly because it was the first that I was introduced to:green:

Hi there! I Learn't with creative nails 12ish years ago and didn't continue. I have now revisited with eziflow all the new products its like walking into a chocolate shop, not knowing which one to go for first...UUUMMMM. I have just completed my acrylic (powder and liquid) first but i find the lifting really frustrating...and everyone seems to be doing them here. I really want to be able to offer an alternative...Gel interests me and fibre glass, fabric... can you advise me. Do you get lifting with these, strength? and anything else...Please...

ruthie said:
I seem to be the only one who can't decide - this is prob because I am not expert at any one yet - I can do decent sets with all but not yet fabulous. I seem to get all buzzy about acrylics and then rediscover gel and then someone goes and brings out fabric and i'm off again - - - what's a girl to do???

I know exactly what you mean!!
I'm not an expert in any one yet.
I prefered gel at first because i could take longer sculpting it plus they felt lighter that l&p, but now i've run low on my nsi balance gel i've gone back to l&p and find i can do it a lot better and they seem to last longer,
(i work in a bar part time and found that the beer seems to have an adverse affect on the gels!)
I still love gels but now i love l&p!
I think i'm gonna practice like mad at both so my clients have a choice and i can be confident with either!

I use the wrap system with either fibreglass or silk, they are really natural looking, I haven't really tried any other systems yet, but I will soon

I love gel, so easy for the client to care for.... Non yellowing, no need for base coats when putting polish on, and they stay shiney once the nail polish has been removed etc... I prefare the look of them too

Latest posts

Back