What is your prefered system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what type of system do you use?

• Gel?

Votes: 173 28.9%
  • Silk?

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • Fibreglass?

Votes: 17 2.8%
  • Acrylic?

Votes: 395 65.9%

• Total voters

nailmania

Reaction score
What type of system does everyone prefer to use?
I find that most of my clients like acrylic which is what i tend to stick with! Although i would love find a soak off gel and convert them all (I prefer the look of Gel)....Any (uncomplicated) advise on gels would be appreciated!

We have touched on soak off gels before. The one I have used and found to be good is Reflex from Nails Plus Beauty in Brighton.

www.nailsplusbeauty.com

I think that the dawning of Gel is now here. I perfer Gels to any other system. I am now working with Professionail Gels and am delighted at the range ofr colours and types offered. I also find that a good range of builder Gels are offered which I believe is all important for adding strength. My exsisting clients on L&P are loathe to change, but any new clients are more than happy to be offered Gel, most of them actually request it.
Lynda

it has to be acrylic for me can't seem to get on so well with any of the gels i have tried but just love my retention +

:D :D

strong, durable, flexible!

I absolutely love my Calgel. :D I love its flexibility, :D I love its quick soak-off time, :D and it's a doddle over tips. :tongue: My only problems so far are getting it to do what I want it to do on forms. :devil: Not perfected that yet and just to make things a bit difficult for myself, sculpting is all I seem to want to do :rolleyes:

Sawadee ka

I learn aycrlic and have star nails i get from Engaland i have gel ibd and gel star nail gel i try on sisters and me but no good but no one to teach me gel lady teach me gone away for 3 month .

I still await video from Engaland nail tech i no have if send me not come to mui .

kop khun ka

Mui

strong, durable, flexible!
i use acrylic, i like the look of it and what i can create with it especially design sculpture nails (coloured acrylic) and of course the walk of fame boogie nights collection from EZ Flow- i just love the high intensity of glitter.
i cant say more than that,
good luck with the gel!

Jess
;)

Well guys and gals,
my favorite system has to be.......have a guess.......
FABRIC#..............
It's strong, versatile, can be adapted to clients needs, forever french it, add glitter, sculpt it........so for an enviroment where Acrylics is a no-no, this has to be the alternative..............

I just love it
love Ruth xxx

It has to be acrylic for me, Retention+, maybe one day I will get used to gel :?

I prefer to use acrylic, but over the years I have tried other systems, such as wraps and gel. Back in the 70s I even used the "porcelain" (re: dental MMA) products. Six months ago I switched to EzFlow after using Creative since the late 80s and I'm quite happy with the product.

I seem to be the only one who can't decide - this is prob because I am not expert at any one yet - I can do decent sets with all but not yet fabulous. I seem to get all buzzy about acrylics and then rediscover gel and then someone goes and brings out fabric and i'm off again - - - what's a girl to do???

well on this one i think it has to be gel

i did an acrylic course (odyessey)

which confuses me becasue its done in 1 zone

and all the others are done in 3 zones

at first i was amazed and now because i dont do much off it

i have lost practise so will stick to my gel

if that makes sense

im yet to master sculpting and those lovely c curved nails

one day eh !

;)

"I seem to be the only one who can't decide - this is prob because I am not expert at any one yet - I can do decent sets with all but not yet fabulous. I seem to get all buzzy about acrylics and then rediscover gel and then someone goes and brings out fabric and i'm off again - - - what's a girl to do??? "

Well Ruthie,

I couldn't've put it better myself! I'm not too keen on the L&P I use, so did mainly gel, then I discovered fabric#, which I love, as do my clients, but of course when I've done my creative course...well who knows!

sue x

hi,
i trained in ibd found it to be painful when you cure it under the uv lamp ,then i trained in ten nails and found that three products to apply was doing my head in and the false nails would split down the middle, now i use gentle gel number 1 from nails of excellence which is one product,high shine and soaks off in half the time as ibd and tens

Well, I love Bio sculpture gel - loads of colours and soaks off clean in 15 mins. Done the Creative foundation and I am trying to perfect my pink and whites (got a lonnnnng way to go though!! :oops: ). Really want to offer acrylics as they are requested quite a bit and I find that gel doesnt suit everyone.

There are only a couple of my customers who have gel nails, the rest have sculpted acrylic and they all love it, as do I. :)

Mel x

hi all...i prefer gel, not got to grips with fabric yet, not many peeps ask for acrylics though, mainly gel, im doing bio sculpture and trilite...

8)

It has to be fibreglass for me. I researched the local area before I decided to specialize. Everyone else is doing acrylics around here. It has given me a niche market and I love the natural look that is virtually indistinguishable from the real thing.

it has to b acryllic for me, as an experienced nailbiter!shock:
i find that the product is stronger and better for me and my
nail biting customers. :D :D :D

and if there is a lady from a diffirent salon who
wants to get her gel nails removed.........
i can never seem to get them yokes of by
soaking them in acetone!!!!

so i'll definetly stick to the acryllics

Latest posts

Back