What is your salon Facebook?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly a huge thank you to everyone who's liked My page and to Holly for creating this post. I think I've liked everyone who's liked my page and if I haven't please feel free to inbox me with a working link and I will like immediately. There's about 30% of people's links that don't work so I'm sorry if I can't like those. Maybe a good idea for people to check their links work.:hug:

Also some people are only liking the post and not the page, even though a working link is attached.

Some have said you can't like a page using your business name. You can, I've done it both ways though some have messaged me and said they cant see my like for some reason, yet it shows on my page that I've liked them... Weird.
I think it's a bit hasty for people to unlike someone because that other person hasn't liked their page...it could be a simple mistake. So I think a little reminder is much nicer than simply deleting someone. Obviously this is up to you but it's how I feel.
Anyway, here's my link again if anyone would like to like my page.I will like back in my personal name just in case there is an issue with my like not showing up because I've tried to like in my business name. Thank you xx

https://www.facebook.com/begorgeousbeautynailstanning?hc_location=timeline

It is quite common to get a new like but yet it not list a new name & this is down to people's privacy settings you also can't see if certain likers have shared a post as well, hence why most competitions are a sham unless they ask you to like the post as well. As people can't always be seen. Hope this helps. :)

Business pages 'likes' do show in the likes list, but do not add to your likes numerical tally, only personal likes do this, and yes, sometimes people's privacy settings prevent you from seeing who actually 'liked' your page.
I have messaged most of the pages personally that I have liked, but have spread it out to only a few each week, as it does drive my friends nuts the amount of salon pages I like, filling up their news feeds. :)
I have never 'unliked' a page that I have 'liked' for any reason, and hope others don't do that as it defeats the purpose of supporting each other :)

Babsann, I just liked your FB page but there's no option to message you or post to your page which is odd, I've never seen this before!

Firstly a huge thank you to everyone who's liked My page and to Holly for creating this post. I think I've liked everyone who's liked my page and if I haven't please feel free to inbox me with a working link and I will like immediately. There's about 30% of people's links that don't work so I'm sorry if I can't like those. Maybe a good idea for people to check their links work.:hug:

Also some people are only liking the post and not the page, even though a working link is attached.

Some have said you can't like a page using your business name. You can, I've done it both ways though some have messaged me and said they cant see my like for some reason, yet it shows on my page that I've liked them... Weird.
I think it's a bit hasty for people to unlike someone because that other person hasn't liked their page...it could be a simple mistake. So I think a little reminder is much nicer than simply deleting someone. Obviously this is up to you but it's how I feel.
Anyway, here's my link again if anyone would like to like my page.I will like back in my personal name just in case there is an issue with my like not showing up because I've tried to like in my business name. Thank you xx

I love to see how salons utilize their Facebook page! It is a great free resource! We should support each other by being a "fan" of our fellow Geek salons, you never know what clever idea you may pick up, or support you may be able to offer. We are a family within the industry and I would love to be a fan of everyone in my "family"!! Let's all leave up our salon or professional page and support each other!!

:right: I highly recommend being friends with Doug Schoon:
Welcome to Facebook! | Facebook

:D my professional page:

did you know CND was on there?

and Sweet Squared

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Babsann, I just liked your FB page but there's no option to message you or post to your page which is odd, I've never seen this before!

Hi,
I've disabled the option for people to be able to post randomly on my wall. They can comment on a post, picture etc, right underneath and people can message me privately too. It's to prevent spam as was getting advertisers sending messages on there which I didn't want.

People generally private message me if they want to enquire about treatments or appointments. I've only just changed the settings for it.

Thank you for liking my page though. Xx

To add... There's a message facility on the right side of my page, next to where it says,'liked', all people have to do is click on that and a box appears for people/clients to privately message me. I've just got my friend to double check as I was worrying a little then, and it works :)

Last edited:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beverleys-Beauty-First-Mobile-Beauty-Therapist/189354407910472. I only went live on Sunday just gone just starting out on my business I will go through this thread and like as many as I can .. Please if u could like mine too I wud be eternally grateful .. Thanku x

I've changed my Facebook address so now if you click on the old link , it reads as ' This link is broken', .Think this may be why a lot of people's links I have clicked on don't work anymore. So maybe people should double check (if they've changed their details on Facebook)
Anyway, here's my new link. https://www.facebook.com/BEGORGEOUSbeautytherapy?ref=hl#

I've changed my settings so people can post on my page again now. Please like my page, then let me know, plus send me a link to your own page and I will 'like', right back. Xx

This is going to sound daft but how do I find out what the link is my Facebook page I just have it with my business pages on my phone so never have to enter an addy x

I've changed my Facebook address so now if you click on the old link , it reads as ' This link is broken', .Think this may be why a lot of people's links I have clicked on don't work anymore. So maybe people should double check (if they've changed their details on Facebook)
Anyway, here's my new link. https://www.facebook.com/BEGORGEOUSbeautytherapy?ref=hl#

I've changed my settings so people can post on my page again now. Please like my page, then let me know, plus send me a link to your own page and I will 'like', right back. Xx

I've just tried to message you on FB and it keeps failing! I'll try again tomorrow or later this weekend.

so many links are not working x I am on page 121 and facebook warned me to slow down lol x so will leave it there for tonight x

I will continue tomorrow x Thank you to those who have returned my like xxx

http://facebook.com/missjulesbeauty

Last edited:
Emmsybabe - your link isnt working hun x

Regarding your link you can go into the settings for your page and edit it once you have so many likes. Think its 25 xx hth's

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back