What is your skincare routine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear I'm afraid the words Clinique/Clarins etc... make a Beauty Therapist (who's worked in a aesthetic setting) cringe!!

Any product (which falls into cosmetic) as in, you can buy over the counter at Boots, House of fraser etc.... cannot legally penetrate the dead skin cells! The molcular structure of a lot of these products are to big, they sit on your face make it look pretty then you wash it down the drain!! Think cold toast when you put butter on it, it just fills the gaps and smoothes the surface.

Back in the day, if you had problem skin you would only be able to see a dermatologist, hence where the phrase "cosmaceutical" came along, as a doctor recognised there was a gap in the market between cosmetic ranges and pharmaceutical and introduced products which therapists could use which really work! I think some of the first products which fell into "cosmaceuticals" were MD formulations, Environ to name but a few....

Cosmaceutical products, will actually pentrate the Dermis and work from inside out and are usually closely matched to the skins natural PH balance.

So what I'm saying is, its worth finding a salon which stocks cosmaceutical brands and having a proper skin analysis done.

The salon I work in use PRIORI products. I use Gentle AHA Cleanser, AHA Skin Renewal cream, AHA Barrier Repair Cream and Daily Defense SPF30 which are amazing. They contain Lactic acid which is the AHA bit and a big dose of Antioxidents, prior to this I used AGERA.

I hope the above info is useful to you all ..... I guess I'm on a mission to have everyone out there with fabulous skin! I love it when clients come in and say the products have really improved their skin :)

Apologies if I've got any facts wrong, its is just my own understanding of things! xx

Great info, thank you.

I only ever used Clinique and similar because my nan has used it for as long as I can remember and her skin is amazing! She's 70 and looks 40 so was kind of hoping the same would happen to me! Since doing my course I have learnt that it's more her genes than her products!! Lol

I can certainly see the difference using pro products every day!
I had a talk with my tutor whilst still at college about skin care and your post just shows me how much I am still needing to learn!!
My education seems full of holes! Thank heavens for the geeks ay!!!! X

RN786 how did you find the agera products? I have looked at these before so would be great to know what you thought of them

Hi everyone. Jojo I'm a bit of a product junkie but after spending loads of money before on Clinique 3 step and Liz Earle (I could go on), I now use Salon System eye makeup remover, Cetaphil cleanser and Boots Dermatologist range moisturiser and occasionally MD Formulations face and body exfoliator. I make my own mask from calamine and glycerine. My skin is so much better now than it used to be!

I just read RN786 post. I obviously have a lot to learn but its a lot of money to part with and I have read so many posts elsewhere saying all these products don't work but yet again on some people they do too. I think its down to the individual. Hopefully one day I can use more expensive products. X

Aw thanks hunni :)
Its only because in my last job, I got to work in a aesthetic Clinic so I did peels/microdermabrasion, trained in cosmaceutical products and worked along side a nurse. Its a totally different setting and it amazed me to work with products that actually worked and understand (a little bit) of the science behind them.

I'm now in more of a beauty salon setting however I was pleased that they stocked a good cosmaceutical brand......Prior to that I worked with Elemis.

I also know of people who swear by Clinique etc... but when the toners can remove nail varnish, thats concerning lol! But yes good genes defintely help!! :)

@pinkcouture - They are good but I feel not as well researched as PRIORI

I used to regularly have the Agera Skin Peel and used Agera Ultra Mild Cleanser (Cleanser is fragrance free and "soaps" up without water), Agera MagC Peptide Serum (clear serum, very thin consistency absorbs straight away) and Agera Daily Moisturising Protector SPF 25 (nice and light, oil free)

But I still found it did not correct my hormonal skin, but did keep it moisturised.

I also know of people who swear by Clinique etc... but when the toners can remove nail varnish, thats concerning lol! But yes good genes defintely help!! :)

I've heard that before but didn't realise it was true!! My poor face :sad:
(rushes off to find old toner bottle!!)

Thanks for sharing! I used to clean my counter with Clinique toner & it even brought permenant marker off :-/

Hi,
new to this site but have to say i have been using Environ skincare for over a year now alongside Jane Iredale make up. And everyone comments how lovely my skin is.
My routine - morning
Magic mitt
Sebuwash
Cquence eye gel
Avst 3
C-boost
Colstrum gel
Followed by Jane Iredale make up

Evening
Magic mitt
Sebuwash
Sebutone
Focus cit
Cquence eye gel
Avst
C-boost
Colstrum gel
Hydrating masque (overnight)
Lash conditioner (Jane Iredale)

My skin has never been so gd. Even my 11yr old daughter has started using the Sebuwash range as her acne started young and already has started to clear :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

The magic mitt sounds interesting x

I have the most amazing skin care products I have ever tried. They are all totally natural, and contain 100% aloe vera gel, white tea, and mimosa. I use a cleanser every morning, followed by a very mild exfoliating scrub, tone, and serum.

Evening it's a cleanse again, tone ,serum and a light moisture cream.
whats so great about the aloe is it contains lignin that actually carries the aloe all the way down to the new cells.

The change in my skin is really noticeable, and the products are from Sonya.

Every week I also use a marine mask whilst in the bath, smells divine, and your skin feels great days afterwards.

Wouldn't be without it.

Ex-Clinique manager here so guess what I use? Lol.

I've been using 3 step for 10 years now and it's the only skin care I have not reacted to. These past few years I have noticed I am not nearly as sensitive as I used to be so when this lot is finished I'm going to be trying some other ranges. I have a sample of a SK/II moisturiser ATM and at around £125 a pot it's not cheap! Also I'm not that impressed with it for the price tag.

Also I've never found my nail varnish come off with the clarifying lotion (which isn't a toner btw).

I like to use Decloer hydra-radience cleanser followed by tonifying lotion, then i apply neroli oil followed by hydra-floral moisturiser. Then in the evening i cleanse with Decleor Cleansing milk followed by toner, then I like Decleor essential balm for night times.

Im totally fanatical about my skin care and a bit of a snob about it haha! But since working in the industry had made me more aware of some of the nasty ingredient they add to the products like mineral oil and lanolin gives me the shivers to use that on my skin!

In the morning i use the body shop seaweed gentle face wash and twice a week use vitamin c microdermabrasion. I moisturise with the seaweed day cream.
At night it's seaweed again I cleanse and tone then use the aloe eye defence which completely stops my eczema :D x

RN786..
Wow this maybe why I'm still looking for products that work well enough for me! That's why I've popped over from nails..

May I ask advice? I'm 37 but had hysterectomy when I was 29, I'm on HRT my skin is extremely dry and prone to redness and is getting more sensitive.. I have tried many over the counter products cheap and expensive ! It would be nice to try something that would improve it..
I need a new regime as I haven't got much of one now, as I'm fed up of wasting money

Thanks in advance for any advice x

Dermalogica Addict over here lol

Morning

.Essential cleansing solution(cleanser)
.Antioxident hydramist(toner)
.Intensive moisture balance (moisturiser)
.Extreme C on any little spot marks
.Intensive eye repair (eye cream)

Night

.Pre- cleanse
.Essential cleansing soloution
.Daily microfoliant
.Antioxidant hydramist
.Intensive moisture balnce with 4 drops of overnight repair serum
.Extreme c
Intensive eye repair
Overnight clearing gel if i have a spot

Snap!! Im a Dermalogica stockist so you can imagine what my bathroom cabinets are like!

Morning.
Special cleansing gel
Antioxidant hydomist
Daily microfoliant or multi vit thermafoliant
Skin smoothing cream

Night.
Special cleansing gel
Antioxidant hydromist
Overnight repair serum

With the occational drop of.
Sebum clearing mask
Clearing mattifier
Skin hydration mask
Barrier repair
Gentle cream exfoliant
Ultra calming serum concentrate
Dynamic skin recover spf30
And there after sun!!

Soo not much really!!

Cat have you tried using daily microfoliant on a moring? It has a brightening effect so it recommended to use on a morning!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Snap!! Im a Dermalogica stockist so you can imagine what my bathroom cabinets are like!

Morning.
Special cleansing gel
Antioxidant hydomist
Daily microfoliant or multi vit thermafoliant
Skin smoothing cream

Night.
Special cleansing gel
Antioxidant hydromist
Overnight repair serum

With the occational drop of.
Sebum clearing mask
Clearing mattifier
Skin hydration mask
Barrier repair
Gentle cream exfoliant
Ultra calming serum concentrate
Dynamic skin recover spf30
And there after sun!!

Soo not much really!!

Cat have you tried using daily microfoliant on a moring? It has a brightening effect so it recommended to use on a morning!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I must admit I do love the daily microfoliant
I love the body moisturiser too, the smell is gorgeous! Can't remember what it is called?
X

I'm a liz Earle lover , the muslin cloth in hot water feels lovely !!! X

I'm a liz Earle lover , the muslin cloth in hot water feels lovely !!! X

Me too. Tried so many other brands but keep comong back to Liz Earle. It is the only range that works on my skin. I love it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back