What is your skincare routine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Morning geeks!
Applying my moisturiser this morning and as I'm totally addicted to this site now I wondered what my fellow geeks use on their skin??!!
I'm a total product junkie & have tried loads of different brands! I do have a love for skin care & would love to hear what your routine is? What products do you love? And any skin care tips?!
Here is mine.........

Every night I remove make-up with Clarins Pure Melt Cleanser
I follow with Clarins Iris Toner & Mulit Active Day cream as I am slightly concerned with ageing!
Each morning I cleanse with Clarins Water Purify & I use the Hydra Quench Gel Moisturiser as my skin is always dehydrated - no where near enough water intake!
I occasionally use Origions Modern Friction exfoliator, it's amazing!!

Hope I haven't started a thread which has been done before (did do a search & found nothing)
Looking forward to hearing from you all!!

Have a good day all :)

I need tips so will be coming back to this thread! I want something to help my skin with spots x

I need tips so will be coming back to this thread! I want something to help my skin with spots x

What do you currently use on your skin hun? xx

Johnson's clean and clear or something lol! Cheap and cheerful (it's nice and cooling on my face) x

I take off my make up with Eve Taylor soothing cleanser, use their delicate face oil, then tone with soothing toner, apply No.7 protect and perfect intense eye cream and finish off with ET soothing moisturising lotion.
A couple of times a week I exfoliate using ET exfoliating scrub and use a mask.
I usually use boots eye make remover as it removes every trace really easily without having to rub :)

Ooooh my favourite subject!!

I use Dermalogica consistently but do have other products in my routine (mostly due to running out of dermalogica and not have the funds to replace) so my normal routine is:

Pre-cleanse (if wearing a good bit of make up)
Special Cleansing Gel
Soothing Toner

Then I mainly use La Roche Posay Rosaliac Intensive Serum and the matching moisturiser. I also use Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy & Vein Away occasionally! I am just out of moisturiser and want to try the new Vichy HA range so that will be bought over the next day or two.

Eyes I am currently using Olay total effects. I remove eye make up with Garnier remover.

I always have Daily Microfoliant on the go as well- absolutely nothing that I have tried compares to this, it is just amazing.

Face masks I generally make my own...oh and I love La Roche Posay themal water spritz, I have psoriasis on my arms and spray them with this and then apply moisturiser over that and it makes a massive difference.

I also have a Dermalogica matte SPF.

My bathroom is like a chemist.

I take off my make up with Eve Taylor soothing cleanser, use their delicate face oil, then tone with soothing toner, apply No.7 protect and perfect intense eye cream and finish off with ET soothing moisturising lotion.
A couple of times a week I exfoliate using ET exfoliating scrub and use a mask.
I usually use boots eye make remover as it removes every trace really easily without having to rub :)

Iv never tried Eve Taylor. You seem like a true fan! x

Ooooh my favourite subject!!

I use Dermalogica consistently but do have other products in my routine (mostly due to running out of dermalogica and not have the funds to replace) so my normal routine is:

Pre-cleanse (if wearing a good bit of make up)
Special Cleansing Gel
Soothing Toner

Then I mainly use La Roche Posay Rosaliac Intensive Serum and the matching moisturiser. I also use Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy & Vein Away occasionally! I am just out of moisturiser and want to try the new Vichy HA range so that will be bought over the next day or two.

Eyes I am currently using Olay total effects. I remove eye make up with Garnier remover.

I always have Daily Microfoliant on the go as well- absolutely nothing that I have tried compares to this, it is just amazing.

Face masks I generally make my own...oh and I love La Roche Posay themal water spritz, I have psoriasis on my arms and spray them with this and then apply moisturiser over that and it makes a massive difference.

I also have a Dermalogica matte SPF.

My bathroom is like a chemist.

Oh I do love daily microfoliant too!
Ohh how do you make your own face masks? x

I love dermalogica daily microfoliant! One of the best products I've ever used. I also like Murad pomegranate range and Emma Hardie products :) oh and I use a cheap face mask from asda, it's white chocolate and leaves my skin feeling lush!

Hmmm white chocolate face mask!! Think I'd want to eat it :)
Is it asda own brand? xx

It's one by montagne jeunesse and costs about a pound. Normally I'm very picky about what I put on my skin but my husband bought me 1 so thought I'd better use it and I actually fell in love! My skin feels amazing after using it and I'n sure it makes my skin look better as well :)

LOVE those Montagne face masks!
Also LOVE Murad products..they are amazing and have some fantastic stuff.

I love mixing up my own masks with lots of different things...I would love to develop my own skincare range! I generally like banana, yoghurt, honey all mixed up and applied cool from the fridge, powdered milk is also a good addition to honey for a lovely mask. I do one with rosewater and oatmeal and calamine...

Toners are also great to make yourself, Rosewater would be the base of the ones I make up and then I add in a few drops of glycerin, perhaps some Orangeflower water or a bit of witch hazel.
Even just Rosewater and Orangeflower mixed and put in a little spritz bottle and left in fridge makes a gorgeous refresher on hot days.

Jenbella I agree that Murad products are amazing! I think they are my favourite out of all the products I've tried. I just discovered montagne have a website and they have loads of their face masks on there, I think I might be ordering afew :)

Also those of you that make your own masks, toners etc what do you think about starting a thread where everyone can add their own recipes? I know i'd be really interested in this

Jenbella I agree that Murad products are amazing! I think they are my favourite out of all the products I've tried. I just discovered montagne have a website and they have loads of their face masks on there, I think I might be ordering afew :)

I done an advanced cosmetics course recently where we went really in depth into products & ingredients etc and we got to play with the whole Murad range. I wanted everything!

I have also recently picked up a bottle of Sanctuary Therapists Secret Facial Oil and its really lovely...you only need a tiny bit and I find its very soothing and calming. You can wear make up over it but give it a few mins to properly sink in. I like to apply it going to bed or mixing a few drops in with a mask.

Morning:

Alpha hydroxy foaming face wash.

Skincueticals C+E Ferulic Serum, 6 drops to face and 2 drops to back of hands and then wait 30 minutes to absorb.

La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL fluide extreme SPF 50+

Evening:

Alpha hydroxy foaming face wash.

Tazarotene retinoid gel or tretinoin 0.025% gel ;)

H&B

I'm so jealous that you got to use all the Murad products! I had a murad facial once and I can honestly say that it was the best my skin has ever felt.
On another note I just had a browse on the montagne website and they do face, body and hair products. Some of them look so nice

Iv never tried Eve Taylor. You seem like a true fan! x

Well I've used lots of different products over the years but as I use ET in my treatments I thought I better use the range myself so that I can give honest opinions to clients and I love it! It's all fab :) x

I used to be a Clinique girl, using all the mild products because I have psoriasis on my face, it cleared my psoriasis but left me very red in those areas (nose, hairline & eyebrows) as soon as I put make up on, Clinique even better foundation, the dry scaliness was back!
I now use...

Eve Taylor soothing cleanser x2 if I have make up on, with the facial brush,
A small amount of prescribed betnovate cream, very small because I hate putting this on my face!!
Eve Taylor eye gel,
Et face oil no1,
Et c+ bright moisturiser on certain areas,
Soothing toner and moisturiser.
Morning & night.

I've been using this for a week since my order for the salon arrived and I've now no visible psoriasis on my face at all! Not even any redness where the psoriasis was, let's hope it continues!!!

Michelle xx

Well I've used lots of different products over the years but as I use ET in my treatments I thought I better use the range myself so that I can give honest opinions to clients and I love it! It's all fab :) x

I agree with you there! I'm in love with every product!!! Xx

Latest posts

Back