What kind of rights do I have?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxprincess

Reaction score
I had a bridal party booked for Xtreme Lashes and they canceled 3 HOURS before they were supposed to come in. They had this appt booked for months. I would like to charge them, at least, a cancellation fee. I would really like to charge them for the full service. Would it be worth the effort to have my attorney send a letter? Would it hold up at all? I lost $900 that day, not to mention it makes me want to kick all the other brides I see.
Any help would be great!

Sorry to hear about this.

Did you take a deposit?
All of my brides pay a deposit, and then the balance one week prior to the date.
Had you spoken to them inbetween the booking and the appointment date?
It's an arse when people muck you around, and given that you're the one with the vested interest in them turning up it's wise to ensure that you're covered.

Do you have Ts & Cs, and were they made aware of them? Unless you did I think it's unlikely that any case against them would be successful, but have a chat with your legal chaps to be sure.

Do you have it written anywhere that you have a cancellation policy? I have it on my website and on my price lists that if they give less than 24 hours notice they may be subjected to a cancellation fee.

If you don't have this written anywhere or have not previously informed them, then i don't think you can charge them.

If you do have this and have some contact details, then you can send a bill.

I'm a very trusting person so I didn't get a deposit. But I have learned my lesson and I contacted all my lash clients to get deposits now. I do have it written on my website that there is a cancellation fee if they cancel less than 2 weeks before an appointment. If they cancel the same day they pay full price. I am only charging 1/2 because we weren't sure what set everyone was getting.
I have sent 3 or 4 emails and she won't respond. So what's next? I gave her until the 19th then I have to get the attorney to handle it. I don't want to do that. :(

Latest posts

Back