What letters to put after your name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad i read all this, as always wondered what the difference was between all those letters........i know what the NVQ is so that's fine. Really is hard to know what tp put as someone said, joe public probably wouldn't know what it meant anyway.

This is quite annoying especially when you speak to people and they say they couldn't care less as long as they do nice nails!!! I had a lady say this to me, i could have nearly slapped her. I then bit my tongue and explained some of the differences to good and bad training and how it could effect her. She certainly respected me more for it.

Lack of knowledge is so frightening!!!:rolleyes:

My reflexology certificate was VTCT rather than NVQ, so confusing :confused:

ok, i have done vctc level 2 in nail treatments (mani)
vctc level 2 in nail treatments (nail technology)
my pedi training was done with creative

can i get an nvq level 3???
xxx

Well, if you're not sure what qualification you've got, how can any clients know what they mean!!!!

Now, this isn't a critism as the confusion of all the different qualifications test anyones patience :( This really doesn't help our industry does it?

My opinion on letters after a name is that it is only the higher education (e.g degrees and above) should be put after a name when in a business context. If a technician feels the need to list their qualifications on their business cards below their name or somewhere, thats fine. But, if someone were to ask what they mean then an understanding would be useful.

Latest posts

Back