What little extra's do you offer your clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I offer appointments very early in the morning all the way up to 10pm, so as to catch the working mums. They find this very convenient!
I also have different scented candles according to the mood, kinda thing (PartyLite), and soothing music. Like Hippy Chick I write my client's taste on the back of their record card.
There are always fresh flowers in the salon, and a choice of beverages. I like the idea of some fizz, but as I live in the country I don't think many of clients would (or should!) take me up on the offer - most of them drive to me!

WOW, the warm towels on the feet are a great idea.
How do you keep them warm? Are they warm damp towels from the hot towel cabby?

Hi All these ideas are great but I think clients tend to notice what they don't like more. I once went to a top clinic in Harley Street years ago and not only was a member of staff trying to sell us a service not required her doctors coat was filthy!! This lady was representing a well known surgeon looking like she had just been out the back room preparing dinner!! Plus she tried to give a consult in the secretaries room with other staff in it - hardly confidential. Needless to say we never went back.

I think the main points of the treatment must not be overlooked in order to provide extras such as being presentable, treatments in timely manner, polite and friendly and just doing the service to a high standard.

goes without saying x

-Drinks (juices, herbal teas, water)
-Light Refreshments (snacks, Fresh Fruit, Mints)
-when waiting for a mask or somthing similar give a complimentary arm massage.
-ask the clients music preferance
-ask the clients lighting preferance
-make the client feel as if you are there to listen to there problems. i feel this is the reason for alot of people continuously booking in, purly because they need someone to talk to. please note this is not always the case
-always ask if the clients warm enough, what sensation they are feeling, weather they are comfertable, is there anything you can do to make them more comfy.

one thing I do, is mark down if they like extra cushions, face hole or pillow, etc, etc. they really like that I remember the squiddgy blue bolster for their neck (its what we have named it).

To those who offer snacks to their clients....what do you offer? I've thought about bringing out fresh fruit and juice perhaps after a facial or body wrap?

-Drinks (juices, herbal teas, water)
-Light Refreshments (snacks, Fresh Fruit, Mints)
-when waiting for a mask or somthing similar give a complimentary arm massage.
-ask the clients music preferance
-ask the clients lighting preferance
-make the client feel as if you are there to listen to there problems. i feel this is the reason for alot of people continuously booking in, purly because they need someone to talk to. please note this is not always the case
-always ask if the clients warm enough, what sensation they are feeling, weather they are comfertable, is there anything you can do to make them more comfy.

sorry but i thought all this came with the job not extras

Oh yes, it goes without saying that we all go the extra mile for our clients.

What I was after was information about what others do for some different ideas.
AND, thanks to all so far who have replied. I'm sure myself and others have learnt a new trick or two to keep our clients thrilled and coming back for more :)

Latest posts

Back