What make-up colours should I wear to a wedding?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.a.m.x

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I need some inspiration please! I'm a MUA but am stuck in a rut! I'm going to a big wedding next weekend and really can't wait but I don't know what colour of make-up to go for?!? (for eyes and lips!) I have bought a red dress which is so not like me (nearly always pink or cream :lick: ) and its kinda thrown me!

Sooo, I have long bright (ashy) blonde hair which will be up, a full length red dress, cream shoes, bag, chiffon cape and fascinator. I have bright blue eyes and like big brows!

I have a medium skin tone (will be having a light spray tan), nearly always wear Golden Tan Bare Minerals. Usually when going out I would wear coordinating Lancome eye shadow with my outfit or the Urban Decay Naked 1 pallete.

Its mainly the eyes and lips i'm stuck with? Nude but defined maybe? I'm not one for red lipstick :o

Please help! :Love:Thanks x

Last edited:
Hi geeks,

I need some inspiration please! I'm a MUA but am stuck in a rut! I'm going to a big wedding next weekend and really can't wait but I don't know what colour of make-up to go for?!? (for eyes and lipes!) I have bought a red dress which is so not like me (nearly always pink or cream :lick: ) and its kinda thrown me!

Sooo, I have long bright (ashy) blonde hair which will be up, a full length red dress, cream shoes, bag, chiffon cape and fascinator. I have bright blue eyes and like big brows!

I have a medium skin tone (will be having a light spray tan), nearly always wear Golden Tan Bare Minerals. Usually when going out I would wear coordinating Lancome eye shadow with my outfit or the Urban Decay Naked 1 pallete.

Its mainly the eyes and lips i'm stuck with? Nude but defined maybe? I'm not one for red lipstick :o

What about smokey eyes perhaps from brown colours (therefore not too harsh) with a simple clear or light lipstick. Or even though you said your not one for red lipstick but perhaps try a liquid eyeliner and red lipstick 1940's look to set the dress off? what age are you?
xx

What about smokey eyes perhaps from brown colours (therefore not too harsh) with a simple clear or light lipstick. Or even though you said your not one for red lipstick but perhaps try a liquid eyeliner and red lipstick 1940's look to set the dress off? what age are you?
xx

Yeah that sounds nice, nice dark liner but understated lips maybe! I will need to go lipstick shopping I think.. Any excuse! I'm 21! :)

xx

Yeah that sounds nice, nice dark liner but understated lips maybe! I will need to go lipstick shopping I think.. Any excuse! I'm 21! :)

xx

look on www.helen-e.com they do fab make up kits with great colours for bridal they mink eye shadow with number 17 and 20 shimmer pots look fab for weddings x

Black winged liner \ smokey eye and nude lip:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ahh love it! :cool: Thanks geeks! Can't wait to get glammed up!! xx

Hi geeks,

I need some inspiration please! I'm a MUA but am stuck in a rut! I'm going to a big wedding next weekend and really can't wait but I don't know what colour of make-up to go for?!? (for eyes and lips!) I have bought a red dress which is so not like me (nearly always pink or cream :lick: ) and its kinda thrown me!

I'm going to a wedding in Scotland next weekend too, wonder if it's the same one?? :lol: How funny would that be? :D

I'm going to a wedding in Scotland next weekend too, wonder if it's the same one?? :lol: How funny would that be? :D

Ohhh it would be very funny! Which part of Scotland? :) xx

With the red dress I think that a bronze/gold toned smokey eye would look great and you already have shades in you Naked palette to do this. And a soft, neutral lip and blush. Let the dress be your main colour focus.

I hope you don't mind me adding in this bit of advice - lose the fascinator! Especially if you're only 21! x

I hope you don't mind me adding in this bit of advice - lose the fascinator! Especially if you're only 21! x

Thanks for the reply Andrea! And just to add the fascinator isn't your old deary type, its more of a bow clip if that makes sense. But i might not wear it as I have a swarovksi hair band that i'm hoping to have on instead :wink2:

x

Oh good, I had images of a feathery thing! Ha! Let us know what you go for or post a photo of the finished look if you can x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Oh good, I had images of a feathery thing! Ha! Let us know what you go for or post a photo of the finished look if you can x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Hahaha no no, too young for that! One day... :wink2:

Will keep you updated, thanks for all the suggestions! xx

Lovely ideas on here.
Another, completely different way to go would be to wear a bright eyeshadow. You're young , with fabulous colouring......why not go for it?
You can then have a natural lip.

Latest posts

Back