What makes you angry with clients Is it wobbling heads because they chat on their mob

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
Hairdressers out there what makes you angry with your clients ?
I have an awful lot of patience with most people but this is one thing that does get to me,

The mobile phone chattering/ texting head wobbling people,
Who actually stop you doing their hair usually by putting their hand up in the air at you in a stop working now motion,:eek:
and its not just the once :irked: usually their phone just never stops ringing / buzzing ,
I don't mind the once or twice,
but my goodness some people are just so rude the length of time they expect you to wait with tools in hand or colour going off ect,

Please don't get me wrong,
If people have children and family and it is a contact for them I totally understand , and also if it were an emergency ect ,

but its the ones who just don't care about the fact that we have a job to do,

I have to walk away from them if they tell me to hold on again for "one more minute"
or I feel myself getting so angry :mad: knowing that my next customer will be due in soon grrrrrr :mad:

Well I can actually agreee about the texting and wobbly heads. Sooo annoying !!!!:irked:
Also it annoys me when the client takes the comb out of your hand and puts their own parting in !!! Or takes the comb and shows you how to do their hair !!!! :eek: Also when the client keeps asking question after question about my personal life, family etc, THAT drives me bonkers. I hate to have to be interviewed when I'm doing someones hair !:irked: cos sometimes thats what it feels like!!

xx

I do not allow cell phones when I am working on their hair.
Cell phones are also to be turned to vibrate while in the salon.
This cures that problem.

I once did a client who didn't quite get the idea that they can't talk or text while I am doin their hair. This guy whipped out his cell phone saying " excuse me for a minute" was texting someone. I stood there for a minute staring at him and then turned around and walked off to the back room. Leaving him sit there for a few minutes. When I got back to him, he asked me why I walked away as he was just texting, I looked at him and told him that if his texting was more important than his haircut...my lunch was more important than his haircut.

He got the message and has never done it again.

These cell phones have become quite a pain in the arse. That is why I don't allow the ringing in the salon. We would have babies crying, dogs barking , people laughing, hip hop music playing and childrens voices saying...Mommy..answer the phone..mommy answer the phone..." GRRRRR

II stood there for a minute staring at him and then turned around and walked off to the back room. Leaving him sit there for a few minutes. When I got back to him, he asked me why I walked away as he was just texting, I looked at him and told him that if his texting was more important than his haircut...my lunch was more important than his haircut.

Great line!!!! :hug:

I dont allow them to answer, I just curtly say, 'I am sorry, that will have to wait'

Years ago when smoking was not taboo, clients would sit in the chair and smoke whilst you did their hair grrrrrrrr not my clients though *lol* they knew better! One client did complain once and I said if she didnt mind the explosion from the flammable products when she lit up, that was up to her, but I really wanted my features kept in tact!

:mad:Glad someone brought this up, i thought it was just me that got annoyed with this. Having a salon treatment was supposed to be a relaxing time away from everything and everyone. We didnt have mobiles a few years ago and got on with life just the same. I think we should have signs up like in the hospitals etc. "mobiles interfere with scissor action"...

Well I can actually agreee about the texting and wobbly heads. Sooo annoying !!!!:irked:
Also it annoys me when the client takes the comb out of your hand and puts their own parting in !!! Or takes the comb and shows you how to do their hair !!!! :eek: Also when the client keeps asking question after question about my personal life, family etc, THAT drives me bonkers. I hate to have to be interviewed when I'm doing someones hair !:irked: cos sometimes thats what it feels like!!

xx

Oh God the comb thing, thats enough to drive a saint insane!
thats so rude, you cant tell a professional how to do their job!
anther thing they say is no, my parting isnt there, thats when ive said, actually its a section, they usually shut up then.

I get relly hacked off when parents bring their kids into the salon and then just let them run riot, not telling them off at all!! Then when you firmly but politely suggest that they should sit down or not do what they are doing the parents turn to them and say "Lorraine's going to smack your bottom if you don't sit down and behave" As if !! Thenthey go on to tell me to tell them off!! I have recently had to suggest to a couple of clients that they come in on our late nights, so that they can relax and enjoy having their hair done while the kids are being babysat at home. Don't get me wrong I love kids but there is a time and a place and when mums in for a colour and full head of foils my salon isn't the place!:Grope:

I get annoyed when clients try to backstab, moan, slag off other hairdressers:rolleyes:, even ones that are also employed within same salon etc expecting a reaction, then act all two faced and act like bussom buddies to their faces...
I always pretend that i havent heard as my hearing is a little iffy anyway, and dont comment back. It is a pet hate of mine for anyone to be two faced in general, if you dont like a person..... dont associate with them. If you have anything to say, say to them. :irked:
See off i go again,:mad: i am now putting my own back up!!!! Calm...deep breath...think off the nicer clients that make our jobs worthwhile!:hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back