What makes you posh?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grandad was a Maurice and people thought he was posh. I actually classed them as my posh grandparents as well because they shopped at m&s and fenwicks in Newcastle haha x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

That's funny :D

My grandad was a Maurice and people thought he was posh. I actually classed them as my posh grandparents as well because they shopped at m&s and fenwicks in Newcastle haha x

In fact maybe I could call my Grandpa posh, real name Horatio, he was a banker and they lived in Banstead. They shopped in Waitrose Does it count?

Last edited:
In fact maybe I could call my Grandpa posh, real name Horatio, he was a banker and they lived in Banstead. They shopped in Waitrose Does it count?

Mine called himself grandpa lol I never did tho.
And yup that counts haha x

The waitrose shopping seals the deal for me.....

Oops my name is nosheen...I get called nosh posh by family...then decided to use posh beauty as a nick for here :o as I only do beauty and im definitely not posh:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oops my name is nosheen...I get called nosh posh by family...then decided to use posh beauty as a nick for here :o as I only do beauty and im definitely not posh:)

Love it :D

I think posh kids have Gramps or Pops who wear tweed jackets and drive a Lexus.
My grandad was called Sam and rode a push bike!

Ah but what makes your OH posh? :)

Where he is from, how he speaks, what he wears etc his dad's job has allowed many houses and investments, private schooling, extremely expensive cars, ridiculous amounts of money. But that's his parents not him. And also he still picks his nose and we use all the same toilet so he's not so different at all haha

I have a double barrelled first name and double barrelled second name so before people have met me they believe I am posh!

I am incredibly well spoken, everyone thinks I am "posh" or "horsey"

I think posh kids have Gramps or Pops who wear tweed jackets and drive a Lexus.
My grandad was called Sam and rode a push bike!

That's my hopes at poshness dashed. No tweed, no Lexus.

I am who I am!!!!!

No, I was right in the first place. I am WHO I am! Should we not just respect ourselves and just except us for who/what we are? Posh!!!!! If that just means speaking with a plumb in our mouth, should we just not add custard?!!!!!!! My dad always said don't worry about trying to be like like them, just let them them come to you!!!!!!

No, I was right in the first place. I am WHO I am! Should we not just respect ourselves and just except us for who/what we are? Posh!!!!! If that just means speaking with a plumb in our mouth, should we just not add custard?!!!!!!! My dad always said don't worry about trying to be like like them, just let them them come to you!!!!!!

That's nice Karen. Are you posh?

Not in the slightest. I come from a family on a council estate and am proud. I now have a mortgage and owe money. If I won money, I can't say it would make me any happier. I've had my ups and downs, but still wouldn't change a thing. I've got a husband and two boys, the life we've had 'together' is what has made us who we are. I think we all should all strive in making our lives better, but should remain who we are.

Karen I wasn't laughing at you by the way, was laughing at the way skin geek asked lol x

Not in the slightest. I come from a family on a council estate and am proud. I now have a mortgage and owe money. If I won money, I can't say it would make me any happier. I've had my ups and downs, but still wouldn't change a thing. I've got a husband and two boys, the life we've had 'together' is what has made us who we are. I think we all should all strive in making our lives better, but should remain who we are.

Yes I'm not posh either :D
This thread is brilliant!

Karen I wasn't laughing at you by the way, was laughing at the way skin geek asked lol x

I take no offence :) x

Latest posts

Back