What makes your Facials special ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah!
Ive always had a vision of what I wanted to do before I even started college, and that was to provide treatments that addressed skin issues for what they were and carry them out in a more clinical way than holistic.

My room has a clinical edge but is still warm so to not alienate clients which want a different service. I dont work in dim lighting or by candle light, The only time I dim thelights is at massage stage when I dont talk, and I have blue led mood lighting which fills the room and looks amazing!
I do talk through the other stages of treatment; not chit chat but about their skin, what im doing and what they need to do. So rather more giving education than banter.
So that is my way and my positioning.

I carry out a full and indepth consultation about their skin and creating the consultation form myself, I have questions I ask about if they want background music or if they wish me to talk through the stages of treatment, or if they just want quiet unless necessary.

I do offer a relaxing treatment which is more about the relaxation and dim lighting and I do provide that if a client so wishes.

So I do my treatments a bit differently from the norm, but do accomodate my clients wishes too

That sounds like a perfect facial for me :biggrin: Shame I don't live nearer but if I did, I'd definately book in,

I too don't enjoy massage during a facial OUTSIDE of the facial massage, if you see what I mean!

My pet hate is scalp massage, I really don't like someone touching my head and find it painful most of the time! Pressure point on the scalp or even the massage the hairdresser gives is agony to me!

I would rather just doze during a masque phase, let the therapist discretly put her stuff away or go and have a cup of tea I don't mind just let me sleep lol :biggrin:

I too would love a facial with Matt! How can you tell whats happening on the skin if its dark ^^

Just my pov from a client perspective, in my current workplace its completely the opposite very pampering, low lights, massage etc!

A bit off topic here, but I have a client that detests massage sooo much that when I put her after wax lotion on I have to just quickly slap it on and be done, no lovely soft effluerage movements for her!!!

I like to use a lavender eye pillow during the masque stage of the facial (as long as the client isnt claustraphobic). The pressure from the pillow feels amazing and it makes the room lovely and dark

Latest posts

Back