What makeup does everyone have?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno how true it is but I heard (somewhere) that Bourjois is made by Chanel.

x

i was just gonna say the exact same thing, it was actually a girl on the chanel counter that told me. xxx

For Mascara brushes I heard that wether it's a little rubber ball with spikes coming out of it, or a fat traditional brush, most brushes in most different brands of mascaras are manufactured in one factory in Germany.

Back to the thread I love Daniel Sandler!

i was just gonna say the exact same thing, it was actually a girl on the chanel counter that told me. xxx

Hi, Bourjois is not made by Chanel. Chanel does not make any other brands except Chanel. They are very protective of their brand, so they should be:)

We trained with S Colour makeup , and i quite like it , but i was told from my tutor , that you usually find makeup artists dont stick to "one" brand.

What brand does everyone swear by? am i best getting bits of everybrand to try out on clients and also my self?

The simple answer is that there are very few brands that offer a full range of good professional quality products. Artdeco offer over 1600 products developed over 25years. A complete colour cosmetic range, a complete mineral range including the amazing liquid minerals, full handcare, face, body and nail care. All best of type.

We come out and put our products in your hands so you tell us if we are being truthfull. Or look at our facebook, twitter feeds to see which TV, Film and Editorial makeup artists work with Artdeco or which celebs use Artdeco daily.

A lot of MUA also build kits up over a long period of time due to budget and don't buy a complete kit in one go. I have seen a lot of these built over time kits and then watched as less than 20% of the products in the kit get used to make money with.

The business is evolving on the high street and it is focusing on making a living on the high street.:lol:

Your right it is true bourjois is the baby company of chanel.The same way Gosh is the baby company of Mac. Most make up brands do this so they cover all price ranges X

What would you all do if a client liked a lipstick or eyeshadow you used but it was from benefit or clinique, would you just send them to their local debenhams etc rather than retail it?

Yes because you can't retail Benefit or Clinique unless you happen to own a very large department store!

Alternatively, I use little tiny pots which I put a bit of the lipstick or gloss in then they can use that for touch-up's during the day/evening.

x

Bourjois, originally an independent brand. Totally independent of Chanel, originally,

The year was 1863, and stage actresses in Paris were bemoaning the state of makeup as they knew it - greasy, thick, uncomfortable to wear and damaging to the skin.

Monsieur Alexandre Napoleon Bourjois knew there must be a better way and devoted his time creating a superior quality theater makeup for his muses. It was in this pursuit that he created the world's first powder blush, Pastel Joues.

The blush was a smashing success among Monsieur Bourjois' lady friends. It did not take long for the actresses to spread the word about their new and revolutionary makeup, making women everywhere eager to experience the magic of Bourjois.

Bourjois' little round pots of joy while born in the 19th century, remain the signature of the brand today.

As one of the oldest French cosmetics companies still in operation, Bourjois is truly a French expert in beauty, dedicated to always being a step ahead with innovative products and the latest colors.

Taking its cue from its beginnings in the fashionable entertainment industry, Bourjois continues to be on the forefront of fashion and style - with a Parisian twist.

We at Bourjois take our heritage very seriously. From the moment our founder, Alexandre Bourjois created the first powder blush, it has been our mission to lead the market with newness - new concepts, new textures, and ingenious new packaging. For example, Bourjois developed the first 2-step mascara for a dramatic false lash effect with Coup de Theatre, and Suivez mon Regards was the first loose powder eyeshadow in a cute pot with its own built-in brush.

In addition to pushing the envelope with innovation, Bourjois products are of the highest quality. They are created and manufactured in France, in laboratories and factories that maintain the strictest standards of quality control, ensuring excellence in every item carrying the Bourjois logo.

To be at the forefront of fashion and style comes naturally for Bourjois. The favourite of many celebrity and fashion makeup artists, Bourjois has graced the covers of top magazines, Fashion Week runway catwalk shows and red-carpet Hollywood events.

But beyond the glittering lights and famous faces, Bourjois believes that makeup is a pleasure and should be a delight for everyone.

So have fun with your makeup and let Bourjois bring a touch of joie de vivre into your life. After

Here is the kicker:

• Bourjois is a French cosmetics brand founded in 1863 by Monsieur Alexandre Napoleon Bourjois, with the invention of the first powder blush, Pastel Joues.
    In 1924 Coco Chanel approached Pierre Wertheimer, the then owner of Bourjois, to help a her create Parfums Chanel. A deal was struck where Chanel would recieve 10% of the profits, and Bourjois 90%. Parfums Chanel was a big success - Coco had practically given away the most lucrative side of her business. A decision she would come to regret.
    Nowadays, Bourjois and the Wertheimer familly own and control all of the Chanel business.

What would you all do if a client liked a lipstick or eyeshadow you used but it was from benefit or clinique, would you just send them to their local debenhams etc rather than retail it?

For Artdeco salons it is easy to recommend a similar shade from the hundreds of shades on offer including the always current on-trend collection.

Because I would not expect a quality spa or salon send their customers round to boots for a good skin creme or an after care product for waxing? Ie a Dermalogica salon sending clients to Boots?!?

A CND or OPI nail spa/salon sending clients round to Boots?!? for nail poish or a "good" file.

No, times are a changing, professional makeup services are overtaking bits of makeup in the back room. A salon or MUA can now offer better quality, better fashion and better pigments that last plus the salon makes a profit with retention of happy customers. :)

I am currently building my make up kit and so far have various items from Mac, Benefit, Gosh, and Sue Moxley. My old hairdresser in London does make up and he prefers Laura Mercier.

I will be training using Jane Iredale so am looking forward to trying the range.

Michelle

I am currently building my make up kit and so far have various items from Mac, Benefit, Gosh, and Sue Moxley. My old hairdresser in London does make up and he prefers Laura Mercier.

I will be training using Jane Iredale so am looking forward to trying the range.

Michelle

Hmmm... our Chief Makeup Artist for Dancing on Ice has always favourited Laura Mercier, which she still thinks is fab, but pricey.

The only product she has found which is directly comparable... Artdeco. :)

Hmmm... our Chief Makeup Artist for Dancing on Ice has always favourited Laura Mercier, which she still thinks is fab, but pricey.

The only product she has found which is directly comparable... Artdeco. :)

Thank you for the tip. I will check out the website :)

Latest posts

Back