What makeup does everyone have?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
We trained with S Colour makeup , and i quite like it , but i was told from my tutor , that you usually find makeup artists dont stick to "one" brand.

What brand does everyone swear by? am i best getting bits of everybrand to try out on clients and also my self?

Hey we use lily lolo makeup in the salon it's mineral makeup and it's really good plenty of variety of shades to suit everyones skin type. I personally would stick to one makeup range that you like and your clients will like otherwise I think you will look unprofessional x

Lily lolo is free from harsh chemicals, parabens and bismuth oxychloride. It's all minerals used x

I like MAC prep and prime, I love Urban Decay, Giorgio Armani, Elizabeth Arden, Art Deco, Eatee Lauder, Clinique

I thought I would stick to one brand then I found I liked different brands for different things, you'll find your own way as you try out new products

I don't think it's unprofessional to use more than one brand, it's about getting the best look and if that means using several brands then so be it, as long as the client is happy

hth

Sarah x

I have everything from MAC, smashbox, elizabeth arden, Chanel to jane iredale (just started to use this one!)
to name but a few, I certainly dont think that when you are a professional make up artist that having a variety of names is unprofessional quite the reverse in the real world. As one make is not necessarily going to give you all the options and lets face it there are the old favorites that take some beating.

Loads of different brands....smashbox,make up forever,mac etc these 3 brands would be my faves. You will find you might like a primer in one brand,foundations in another and all your clients will be different.
Try going to counters and getting some information on the essential products you will need. Good Luck X

Thanks girls. I dong think it's unprofessional either! X

One of the best make up brands I have ever used is Shiseido ,but I have several brands for different looks.A true makeup artist will have several brands (it's far from unprofessional),I accompanied a friend on a shoot for a well known mag and the makeup artist there used several brands to achieve various looks.

Here's some of the brands I like and use,Stila,Bobbi Brown,Mac,Shiseido,Urban Decay,Estee Lauder....HTH a little.

We use various brands, I like the pure color mineral makeup.

Tall Stack

There are easy to work with and they have so many colours.

We also use the Repechage make up line which we also retail along side their skincare products which we also use in the spa.

http://www.repechage.com/mineral-rich-makeup/

Art deco , is great - both ranges( mineral and ordinary):)

thanks girls x

Artdeco mineral & normal :)

I love MAC personally I use this on myself. But Ive used a variety of different make up brands in salons. Art Deco is fab and I also love Jane Iredale.

I use all different kinds, I think personally it is a bit lazy to stick to one brand rather than check out all the goodness on offer. I love m.a.c but personally I think m.a.c foundations are rubbish but eye make up and highlighters and lipsticks are great. I have tons of bourjois in my kit, I don't care that it's just a high street brand, I think some of their stuff is top qualityx

I have tons of bourjois in my kit, I don't care that it's just a high street brand, I think some of their stuff is top qualityx

Dunno how true it is but I heard (somewhere) that Bourjois is made by Chanel.

x

I heard that too! I'm the same as everyone else I dont stick to ones as there are some fab products out there! I use a mix of Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Chanel, MAC, Vie and Revlon have some fab products esp their eyeshadows!

yeah huni I was told this too at college x

wow !! i never new that !!
Oh god im excited nah hahah

so would you recommed buying a few bits of each brand?

xx

Dunno how true it is but I heard (somewhere) that Bourjois is made by Chanel.

x

It is true ... Someone I know worked in the factory where the two are made lol

What would you all do if a client liked a lipstick or eyeshadow you used but it was from benefit or clinique, would you just send them to their local debenhams etc rather than retail it?

Latest posts

Back